SAP Signavio Process Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Signavio Process Manager is #2 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools and BPM Software. IT Central Station users give SAP Signavio Process Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Signavio Process Manager is most commonly compared to Celonis:SAP Signavio Process Manager vs Celonis. SAP Signavio Process Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is SAP Signavio Process Manager?

The Signavio portfolio of web-based business transformation solutions helps companies to understand and optimize all of their business processes quickly and at scale, providing instant insights for informed decision-making. Signavio’s intuitive analysis, change management and execution solutions around process excellence include use cases like digital transformation, operational excellence and customer-centricity, placing them at the heart of global organizations.

Over 1 million users in more than 1,500 organizations worldwide rely on Signavio products to make processes part of their company’s DNA. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Signavio was founded in 2009 to address the need for a collaborative approach to process management.

Signavio was acquired by SAP in the first quarter of 2021. For more information, visit www.signavio.com

SAP Signavio Process Manager was previously known as Signavio Process Editor.

SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SAP Signavio Process Manager Customers

DHL, Coca Cola EP, Prudential, Zalando, T-Systems, Jabil, Endress+Hauser, Rakuten

SAP Signavio Process Manager Video

Archived SAP Signavio Process Manager Reviews (more than two years old)

NL
Process Manager at DKV Mobility Services
A powerful tool that is completely customizable

• "The most valuable feature is that you can customize it completely with all of the attributes that you need."
  • "We would like a better way to give users the correct permissions for processes, whether to view or design."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Signavio to design our processes.

How has it helped my organization?

At the moment, we are at a low level for our processes, but this is a powerful tool for our company to help get more in touch with all of our processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can customize it completely with all of the attributes that you need. You can build it the way you need it.

It is really easy to use and design models.

What needs improvement?

We would like a better way to give users the correct permissions for processes, whether to view or design. At the moment, we have to click on every account and assign the permissions based on what they need to see.

Better documentation to explain the functionality would assist us with increasing the adoption in other departments within our organization.

I have been working with Signavio Process Manager for about six months and the company began using it about a year and a half ago.

We have had no problems with respect to stability.

This solution is scalable. We have about thirty designer licenses and we continually need more because we are going into the business units and encouraging its use. I would like them to design, as well.

For viewing processes, we currently have about one hundred licenses, but we plan to expand this to about one thousand.

JB
Team Leader Business Process Management at Laepple AG
Innovative, intuitive, and good collaboration helps to build our process landscape

• "This solution is innovative and simple to use."
  • "I would like to see more integration with the process manager in terms of the workflow accelerator."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Signavio Process Manager to model our end-to-end processes from the customer needs to customer success. Our strategic aim is to digitalize all of our processes.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution is easy to use and that has helped with its adoption in the company. The Collaboration Hub makes it easy to read the processes. It's comfortable to include a lot of information about processes and tasks.

Signavio has a lot of functionality to help us manage and develop our organization. Transparency has been added so the employees are better able to understand how the company runs, and how our processes work. We are also taking our manual tasks and automating them. We now how a process landscape that is simple to see and gives us the ability to digitalize our work.

Signavio gives everybody in our company what they need. It's simple and a great advantage.

Using this solution has helped to create a process-centric mindset in parts of our company. It is not used everywhere.

What is most valuable?

This solution is innovative and simple to use.

What needs improvement?

This is a very stable solution. Sometimes it is a little bit slow, but most of the time, it's good.

Scalability is good. It's not a problem because it's in the public cloud.

The Signavio technical support is excellent.

Prior to implementing Signavio, we had different solutions being used throughout the company. There was nothing that was centralized. We chose to go with this solution because it's innovative, intuitive, and it's so simple to use.

The initial setup was very easy.

We had help with the initial setup directly from Signavio.

It is difficult to say what we have realized in terms of cost improvements, but I can say that using this solution has saved us time.

We looked at other solutions including ARIS, ADONIS, and another German solution.

What other advice do I have?

One of the big advantages of Signavio is that they strive for customer excellence.

We are not yet using the process mining functionality because we are still in the process modeling stage of development.

We do not yet use the process intelligence function, but we would like to. It is part of our vision for the future.

My advice for anybody who is researching this type of solution is to look for user experience. It is important to have collaboration functions that are simple so that all of the employees can understand what you are doing.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SAP Signavio Process Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MR
Sales Operations at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Helps document and standardize internal processes in a centralized database

• "This product has helped us to work within standards for process planning."
  • "There is always room for improvement is the capability of integration with other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to document our internal processes. It is as simple as that. We run it in conjunction with other internal systems — like LeanIX, which is providing information to Signavio and all other internal systems.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has helped us to work within standards. In big companies, a good process is all about standards. It is as simple as that. Using this product makes our processes centralized and much better than documenting some things by scribbling them down on paper and distributing them.

Having processes documented with this product, you can share that in the team in an easy way. It is collaborative, so the team is able to talk about the same project in the same terms. Then they are able to drill down from a high level into details. We end up talking the same language about the topics that are relevant for us since Signavio is integrating and able to refer to other solutions. We establish standards around our internal business processes through the use of the product.

What is most valuable?

Once you are in Signavio and you understand the notational language, then it is quite easy to use. You can work up process plans very quickly and share them easily. So, say the process owner documents a process. They can then share the process with other departments in the company. Even if the other people have no clue about process management, they can easily review the process and make comments. The collaboration features are great.

The capability to integrate with other solutions can ensure we are using standards within the company. If it is like LeanIX, our architectural system that provides us the inventory of our internal systems and SAP, whenever someone is in the process referring to the CRM system, you will spell it the right way and maintain consistency.

What needs improvement?

I think where there is always room for improvement is the capability of integration with other solutions. For example, if we develop in SAP, or we have an SAP component that serves our data models we would like to integrate that. We model our central data dimensions and components in the SAP product. As far as I know, we currently have no direct integration with that to Signavio. We have integration to LeanIX that is providing our system landscape into Signavio. If we had one piece to provide us all of our data components in a more integrated way, it would be better.

I never have problems with the stability of the solution.

I know that the product definitely has scaling capabilities, but I'm not in a position to judge that first hand at this time.

I think we did the implementation ourselves. We are working very closely with Signavio. We are also doing additional evaluations and maybe we will use more components of the suite. Since we have experience with the product and request changes to the solution, it makes sense that we work closely with them.

What other advice do I have?

I trust that the adoption of the solution by our team and organization will grow over time. Sales people can be difficult when it comes to taking something in a very structured way. Process management and process documentation are very structured. I think they would love more to have a one-pager that is illustrative. But, I see more and more that they accept the tools we are using and that they use them more now.

I know about the capabilities of Signavio. Personally, I would be interested to go toward process modeling, but then maybe I would need to make too much change to the company. Originally, I am from process consulting as a process consultant. I worked with other solutions 10 and 20 years ago. I would love to see the use of process modeling more with Signavio, but in my current professional environment that is not the perfect use case. Similarly, I would like to carry out the entire process improvement life cycle in a unified hub, but we are not yet there. I know that would be possible. When people have a background like myself or are in a similar position and are responsible for internal processes, then we could surely make it work.

On a scale from one to ten where one is terrible and ten is great, I would rate the product as a nine. It does serve all of our needs. For sure, there is always room left to have new functional extensions or integration with SAP. Whenever we have questions or requirements we feel we are very close to the company and product strategy development.

My advice to people who are considering Signavio from our own company experience, I would simply say to give it a try. Look at our internal public process landscape, which has been hosted by Signavio. Start from there, and otherwise visit our process office. Research the components. It is fully available and we have a global process office that provides SAP internally whenever someone has any kind of need around process management.

InkaBarg
Senior Compliance Manager and IT Systems at Tui
Easy to use and collaborate using the web-based interface that allows us to work from anywhere

• "I love the collaboration function, especially the option to invite people who don't have any users on the licenses."
  • "The user administration, the user-group administration, and the license models need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product in our Integrity and Compliance Organization. The product is not rolled out throughout the whole company. When I changed my job I brought Signavio with me because I started using it in another department and thought it made a lot of sense to have it in our Compliance Management Systems Processes. It is a way of documenting and sharing the processes with the compliance community.

We haven't started the life cycle improvement because we are still working on the as-is process documentation.

We use Signavio to create our processes for digitalization and software development, also, for the improvement of the software we have. We have both, software improvement and process improvement for our compliance platform, for example.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't cover the use of business transformation. In our area, we work in the way of the process documentation and the sharing of the information with the Collaboration Hub, but in another department, they use, for example, Workflow Accelerator for the cloud migration and the transformation process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that this is a 100%, web-based software as a service solution. This was the reason we chose Signavio. We are working in different countries, so we need a product that is easily accessible from everywhere and is easy to use, especially in collaboration for all users. It can't be complicated.

For me, it's really easy to use this product, and it helps to model processes and to comment on them.

I love the collaboration function, especially the option to invite people who don't have any users on the licenses. This is beneficial to use and work on processes and model processes.

What needs improvement?

In discussions with other departments or people, a problem that I always have is the license models. They are called licenses.

This solution is stable. We have not had any issues or bad experiences, and also the support is very good. If we had an issue they would help resolve it.

This solution is scalable. It has increased from when we started with only two licenses for our department, to now having three more departments with ten licenses throughout our company.

The Signavio technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward. You can set it up in the way that you want if you know it.

Not everyone should set it up on their own. If you have your administrators and people who know the system then they can set it up the way that you want.

Also, you have the support available from Signavio.

Signavio is not a strategic investment in the company. It's more for us and improving our work environment. It's a tool used to assist us in the documentation, knowing what to do and in the sharing of information. These are the benefits that this solution provides.

It's not an investment in the monetary sense, but the investment is to have a tool that we can use to become better in our process and especially in finding software. For example, when you know your processes, you know what you want then it's easier to look for different software to suits your needs.

I know other models, that have concurrent licenses, and I love it. It would be easier to promote it in this way.

When I was looking for a new product, I had a difficult time finding a solution that covered one hundred percent of the service. Also, it was a challenge to find a good configuration, mostly in the customization, which costs money when you want to set it up in your own way.

Signavio was really flexible and very customer-minded, and this is what I really liked.

It is so easy to use, with good support.

There may be other solutions that have more functionalities, but for me, this is not what I was looking for. I wanted to have a product where I knew what I was purchasing, I didn't need extra features adding to the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't used the process intelligence function.

I don't use all of the functionalities, but with what I have used, I would say that it's a product that I like to work with. There are some small points that I would change or think that could be better, but they are minor.

SemirKljajic
Quality Management at J Wagner
Makes it possible to do a whole drafting process at the same time

• "It is possible to do the whole drafting process at the same time in Sagnavio so you don't have a double effort of writing it once, arranging it and entering it again."
  • "Part of the product that I think can improve is document control. That's currently not even possible. To work with documents we have something of a workaround using SharePoint."

What is our primary use case?

Right now we still do not have many processes defined. I remember back in February when I started at the company with the Wagner Group. I was wondering how the heck we even got the ISO 9001 certificate because there was a major lack of defined processes.

The good thing is we have some level of success and we are making good steps in the right direction now. The features we are using most of the time right now are the editor and the Workflow Accelerator. That feature was a very important thing because it really allows for automation without needing programming skills. I think this is going to be the main tool for us to really get the whole process-centric mentality in motion in our company. We really need to do a little bit of something in that direction to gain exposure and use of the product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the product makes it very easy to change something. If you think about all the things you do nearly every day, we should make a habit of creating defined processes for it. After you do, then you can simply open the editor and start right away.

Back in the day, I worked for another very big company. But then process management was more that we would take some post-its and write stuff on it that we thought we would want in the process. Then we moved them around to try to figure out what the process should look like. Then we really designed a process according to this very rough version of it by copying it. So with this tool, it is so much easier. It is possible to do the whole drafting process at the same time in Sagnavio so you don't have this double effort of writing it once, arranging and entering it again.

What needs improvement?

Part of the product that I think can improve is document control. That's currently not even possible. To work with documents we have something of a workaround using SharePoint. We made a SharePoint site with Nintex workflow in the background. I think if it could be possible to implement the document control right in Signavio it would become a very fulsome tool for a company. But right now we will just live with that workaround.

We have been using the product for about two years.

I think it is a very stable product. I found a bug once but I thought I must be doing something wrong. I reported it anyway and it turns out it was actually a bug. There is supposed to be a star at the top right of the process screen to make favorites. If you're looking at a process you can make this a favorite by just clicking on the star and it saves to a favorites list. I was demonstrating the Collaboration Hub to my colleagues in the quality department so the end-users would know how to make a favorite for the processes they needed to visit often. When I went to show them, the star wasn't there. I had to explain that normally there was a star and you can click them to create your favorites. It was a small bug and nothing that made the product crash. So I made a ticket the issue was solved I think after two days.

The support at Signavio is fast. We have got some very comprehensive answers. I would rate the support as very good.

I obviously saw that there were other BPM solutions, but I never worked with them, so I can not really make a valid comparison. I'm very happy with our choice of Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

I think ease of use has affected the adoption of the product in our organization. We are still lacking a little bit in adoption but the ease of use will help our users to grow. We don't have a lot of support from the end-users yet and we have had Signavio for nearly two years. It has been a little bit like a stepchild. If you are an end-user and you try two or three times to do something in a new application and you look for a feature you might have used in other tools and can't find it because you are not familiar, it can be a frustration. Or if you are searching for a process or a document or anything and you can not find it, it is also bad. Worse, if you get an error message the experience is not good. Then you would be discouraged and your patience with it is over.

On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best, I would rate the product as somewhere between eight to nine. If I have to pick, I would say eight. I was talking a little bit ago with some guy from Signavio about student licenses. Quality management and process management are things that I have to introduce students to as faculty of Olton in Switzerland. It would be a very good thing to support the students in learning about BPM with this product. Learning the processes is not that fun for students and Signavio could do more to support that.

SandraSheppard
Lead Business Analyst at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to identify business analysts that are working on two different things and link up efforts

• "The features I find most valuable are ease of use and the Collaboration Hub."
  • "Customized reporting can be improved to make this a more versatile tool."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it in a mixture, actually. We have got our business-as-usual business analysis activities and we are getting our business analyst to model the processes that they would normally draw up in their day-to-day activity. Instead of doing it in Visio, we are asking them to do it in Signavio to get the depth of the information that we actually need for the process plans.

Things like attributes, the full details of the task descriptions, the full roles and all that is recorded and then filed centrally. What we are also doing is we are trying to expand our scope. This has been a project for us and what we are trying to do is develop it into a product so that we have got backing. We can then go out to different business areas and ask them about some of their processes. We will help them with the challenging parts of the processes. Like we will draw out the plans for them, show them what it looks like and what we can do for them. During that, we would identify pain points and again it is all kept centrally. Then we can feed that back to them. So those are our two main use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

For me, one of the main improvements in our organization has been the removal of duplication. We have business analysts across the organization and the business areas that are the ones that are generating the activity. So it is either in a product environment or it is an enterprise technology environment. What we have been able to do through the tool is to identify where business analysts are working on two different things and potentially they can link up efforts. So deduplication for us is one of the main areas things have improved.

What is most valuable?

For me, the features I find most valuable are definitely in the Collaboration Hub. That is something that we are developing. We are getting more users on there and becoming more familiar with it. The new version is definitely much better that way. The modeling is obviously very important. As a business analyst, when you go from muddling about just using Vizio without using a particular standard and then you go to Signavio you end up modeling to a standard. In a way that can sometimes feel a little bit restrictive. But once you get to understand what the tool is doing for you in terms of giving you the hints and tips and helping you draw plans effectively, it makes a better model in the end.

I see that as a benefit. If you need to do process modeling, I think the tool itself is really good because you can just type in what you want in Quick Model and then that can draw a simple process for you. If you are going from being a business analyst with lots of modeling experience but you had never modeled to a standard and then go to the tool that can be a little bit restrictive initially. Well, then it turns into a benefit because you start using the tool that you are supposed to in the way you are supposed to use it.

What needs improvement?

One thing I'd like to see changed and improved — bearing in mind we do not use the full functionality — is custom reporting. One thing that I found is in order to get us mobilized, get the processes modeled and get the right information out, we have had to use the API to create some custom reports. I would say making the creation of custom reports easier for the end-user could make it a more versatile solution.

We have not had any stability issues other than recently when they updated to Velocity. You could expect things like that to happen when a new product comes out. Apart from that, it has been 99% stable.

I think the usage can be scaled quite easily. It is very easy to onboard someone. It is also very easy to show them, and there doesn't seem to be any restrictions in terms of the number of users. Right now we are quite small in terms of numbers compared to some organizations. When we need to scale I'm sure we can.

Dealing with tech support has been pretty simple. You raise an issue online, then usually get an automated response back. Anything that is a major issue has been dealt with and gets a higher priority. Anything that is more of a request for something that would be nice if we could do takes a lower priority. We've raised some of those issues as well.

In terms of the relationship with the company, we've got a number of key people that we do speak to. It is a mix of the sales side to the financial side to the technology side. It is nice, but you've got to accept that in a bigger organization and to improve the processes or to give better customer service that you are not always going to be able to speak to one particular person.

Personally, I've spent a lot of time working in Visio. I've only been at the BBC for five years and then my previous employer worked in Visio. Going back a bit further, I did a piece of work with an SAP installation quite a while back, so I understood the importance of process. Lots of people don't. Over the years, besides working at the BBC, I always found processes for what I do. That is just my approach to things.

When we started going to conferences and were listening to certain people talking about their process, the central repository and such, we tried to understand how that would work in practice. We were using Visio at the time while other people were using things like Lucidchart — you know, free versions, or open-source Business Process Management.

Our priority became to get a central repository. So even without understanding what the tool could do in terms of the modeling, it gave us the central repository and I think the rest of the experience with the tool has been a bonus. It was through going to conferences and having a desire already to use processes more effectively that we made progress. We wanted to translate that to something the end-users and the senior managers would like.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

When we went to deploy we went with a consultant BPM-D (Business Process Management -Discipline). We wanted them to help us with our selection because we are a public service organization. We have to go through a particular process to procure anything to make sure that we are following and conforming to standards. So we went through a procurement process, scoped the products accordingly and awarded the contract to Signavio.

Our return on investment is intangible at the moment. Again, it's because of our operating model. We have been trying to find savings, but again, it's difficult to achieve unless you are actually looking to relate it to headcount. It's a challenge and we are not really set up like that in our organization. More recently, we started looking at cost avoidance and so we're looking at that as an angle in terms of return on investment. We are looking at how long it would take us to do it the traditional way.

I can't remember exactly which solutions we were evaluating before we chose Signavio. There were five on the shortlist. We purposely went with a consultant to use their consultancy experience to help us select the right tool because we didn't have that kind of experience. So we used their experience and their guidance to tell us what the top BPM solutions were on the market. Then we pulled together the requirements of what we actually wanted to get out of the tool we selected and got the consultants to do demonstrations to compare and contrast.

They all had the same criteria to follow and they demonstrated the options to a group of people. It wasn't just myself and my manager, it was a group of people who would be using the tool.  We scored the options based on the criteria and basically Signovio came out top in terms of about five or six different areas that we were evaluating like costs, ease of use, performance — all those sorts of things were taken into account. We just crossed products off the list initially. One was ARIS and another was Bizagi.

What other advice do I have?

One of the important things for us when we were looking at solutions, was the ease of use. A lot of other solutions out there were just like Visio. The interface for Signavio is good. It is easy to use. It is self-explanatory. I can't really say much more about it in that way. The ease of use affected the adoption in our organization massively. If it had not been easy to use and people were struggling with it, then they just would not have used it. So I'd say it's quite a high factor in making a choice.

Because we are still not using it to its full capacity, it is difficult to really assess the solution's integration, process modeling, mining, and automation thoroughly. A lot of that is because of our own business decisions and being able to get the data that we need to do these simulations in mining. But we can see that people who work with it benefit from these things and we know there is more potential. It is just that we have got to sell that idea on to the rest of our management.

The solution does enable us to carry out the process improvement life cycle. We do not have a completed example yet. We've been working on an HR onboarding process where we've been able to put that into the hub. But again, because of our business model and the way we set up, we have had to hand that project over in terms of work packages for delivery to the business department and we've not got sight of that since it has been handed over.

The solution's functionality doesn't quite give everyone in the organization what they need. But again, that is only because we are still in the early days of working with people to get them up to speed. The majority of people are used to process and understand process planning. So we are trying to get more of the end-user community involved in using the collaboration hub. So I'd say we're still on that journey.

I would say for business analysts the solution has actually improved that group's workday by reducing the time it takes for them to model a process. We have not been able to do that yet on the same terms with our senior management team. We are still building the process-centric mindset in the organization.

The advice I would give to people looking for a BPM solution would be to look closely at your requirements. Don't be pushed into anything by consultants. Listen to what they've got to say. You will have a gut feel of what you want to do and when you actually look at the tools that are out there it is easier to make your decision.

On a scale of one to ten where one is terrible and ten is great, I would rate the product as an eight only because I think there's always some room for improvement.

Other
KonradPiayda
Manager of Process and IT at Phoenix emobility
GUI is good for collaborating, the linking capability is helpful, and technical support responds quickly

• "The GUI is very easy to use, where you can sit together with your colleagues, discuss the process, and during these discussions you can build up the model."
  • "I would like to have the option to select the color of items and subgroups in the glossary because right now it is fixed."

What is our primary use case?

We have just begun to fill in the Signavio platform with single processes and are trying to combine them. We do not have a specific business scenario. Rather, we are trying to bring in all of the processes from our other platform.

At the moment, we are working from our headquarters on ARIS, but this no longer works for our business.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is so easy to learn that you can start with easy steps, easy processes, and easy designing. During the exchange concerning the processes and how they should be combined, you learn about the modeling. You do not need much support from Signavio.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Signavio is the ease of use. A couple of team members received training from Signavio for two days, and now with this training, these people are training other colleagues within our company.

The linking machine is very good. You can link everything that you would like to have. As soon as you have a URL, you can link it to Signavio.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to select the color of items and subgroups in the glossary because right now it is fixed. This is something that is really annoying for me. For example, roads are red, and red is a color for danger. I would prefer to choose my own color.

We would like to see support for using languages other than English because we use this platform in Poland, China, and Germany. Having to work in English is ok, but not everybody speaks it.

We have been using Signavio Process Manager for less than one year.

This is a reliable solution for the most part, although sometimes we see some delays when you pick a process. We don't know if the delay is being caused by the connection or the server at Signavio. Either way, the problem is not bad enough to affect our company. Even our implementation in China is working well, with our Chinese colleagues working on the same platform that we do.

We have been in contact with technical support, four or five times. We have had quick responses and the answer was always good. We have been able to use the answer and continue our work.

Sometimes we have a request to make improvements in the software itself but the service team can only handle features that are in the software already. For the items that they can handle, the response has always been quick.

One thing that is really good is that we do not need much technical support.

We are in a transitionary stage, coming from ARIS, which no longer works for us.

What other advice do I have?

We have more than a hundred processes in the write-up stage and thirteen in production. One of our issues is that our colleagues need more confidence in using this solution and publishing software. It is a cultural issue in our company as opposed to something with Signavio's software.

Overall, we are really happy with this product.

JanisSteltner
Process Manager at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Editor is easy to use and works well for live model editing sessions

• "The ability to leave comments in the Collaboration Hub is a good and easy way for the employees to give feedback on the processes."
  • "Signavio Process Manager needs to have an integrated document management system to better work with processes that rely heavily on documents and document flows."

What is our primary use case?

We have created a process house in our company and are defining thirteen end-to-end processes. We created process teams to create the end-to-end processes and we define process owners for each of these. After this, we meet for support workshops to build level three processes in Signavio and link them to each other. We also create end-to-end-to-end processes, because sometimes business processes jump from one end-to-end process to the next, to the next, and then back to the first.

This solution is also used to define the communication between the different departments and erase silo thinking. We publish processes in our intranet and we use the Collaboration Hub that every employee has access to. Each person can use it as a Help Tool to find out the right way that things should be done, who they need to speak with, and who they can get information from.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio has helped us bring transparency to the processes within our company. We can get feedback on processes, and importantly, we get people to talk about them. Before this, they just thought in silos. Now, people think about what happens before and after their process and consider who else cares when something is changed.

With respect to improving our employees' functions, we do have processes where we have to collaborate with externals. This solution allows us to define processes and let the externals know what they should do with them. It makes it simpler to tell them what we expect, in terms of service. The only problem right now is that we have to print out the process and send it to them. We could give them our comment links, but we don't really want to do this. If Signavio would create something like an external collaboration tool then it would definitely help us to communicate with externals about our processes in terms of what we need and what we expect from them.

We don't use the process mining functionality yet. I intend to use it in a few years, maybe in a few months, depending on how quick we are. Currently, we are at a very early stage of process management in our company. We first have to define our processes and understand how we currently work before we can think about process mining. It makes sense to know what to do before automation, and definitely, process mining and RPA are really interesting topics and relevant for the future.

This solution does not yet help us with improving the process lifecycle. We are searching for a workflow tool at the moment and I know there's a workflow solution from Signavio but this doesn't fit currently to us. We need integration with a document management system and this not part of the Signavio solution. An option for document management would really help us because a lot of processes within our company are based on documents and document flows. As it is now, it's more valuable for us to find a document management solution with workflow integration, compare to using the workflow tool in Signavio with just the Windows Explorer.

In terms of creating a process-centric mindset within the organization, it has helped for some parts. We are still working on this and it is one of our biggest tasks within the next year to get everything online for the digital transformation. We still have some old school people in our company who would rather see this take place in twenty years, but our priority is to adapt in order to stay competitive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the editor and its ease of use. I do a lot of live editing in meetings and I do workshops with the people. As they tell me things about a process and I am doing live modeling, they sometimes say it is like magic. When people are looking at it, they can make comments about changes that need to be made. This is really valuable because when a process is not documented, people can be talking about two different things and arguing about them without knowing what the other one means.

The ability to leave comments in the Collaboration Hub is a good and easy way for the employees to give feedback on the processes. This means that they can improve their own processes because it gives them the opportunity to look at them, and think about other ways that they can be done. They do not have to pick up the telephone and call the modelers.

What needs improvement?

If Signavio would create something like an external collaboration tool then it would definitely help us to communicate with externals about our processes in terms of what we need and what we expect from them.

I would like to see the capability for replies to comments within the collaboration hub, as opposed to only a series of comments that may or may not be related. That would be great.

We have been using this solution for less than one year.

I would rate the stability a nine out of ten. However, once last year, I had to present this solution to our CEO and it wasn't working. That was not good, but it was the only time when it wasn't working.

I think that this is a scalable solution.

We have about one hundred employees in our company and we have two modeling licenses. The rest of the people don't model, but they use the Collaboration Hub to give feedback.

I worked in another company before this one that was also using Signavio, and they are much larger. It worked perfectly there and they have between twenty and thirty thousand people.

The Signavio technical support is always great. I have had contact with them two or three times and the problems have always been resolved within a few hours.

When I started with this company they were using ADONIS, although it was not the current version. It was quite old and nobody supported it. I was already familiar with Signavio and I suggested that we need it, rather than continue with what they already had.

I deployed this solution because I was familiar with it from my previous company.

Unfortunately, we have no measurable ROI yet. I think that there is some, but I couldn't present it to management at this point.

I had a look at ADONIS and from the first impression with a live demo, it was no as simple to model processes as Signavio, which is the main thing that I need in my workshops.

What other advice do I have?

This solution makes it easy to model and has good collaboration capabilities. For us, it is perfect. My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to try the free, thirty-day trial and see if they like it. If so, then go with them.

SW
Process Architecture Lead at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Gives us the opportunity to create a simple view but keep it very detailed as well

• "One of the most valuable features is ease of use which has really been a good thing to put into the business. People like tools that they can just pick up and use straight-away."
  • "The collaboration and commenting are great. However, I think it would be more useful for people to get notifications of comments straight-away so we can react even quicker to them than we already can."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the process manager. We have used the collaboration component quite heavily with some of our projects to communicate with some of our other partners. Currently, we are doing some work with some external companies and putting their processes into ours. We have actually been able to communicate directly with them. It has really cut down the time projects take and reduced some of the complexity of following communications with emails going forwards and backward all the time. We are currently going through the business operating model so we can drill down start at our operating model for the business and then drill down to get to the process level.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we are still in the early days, it is difficult to say exactly how the product has improved our organization. It is certainly a tool that encourages communications and allows access for departments to see what they do in a much easier way than before. It is good to have that live process that is always going to be updated and accessible instead of on a static rolled up piece of paper in the cupboard.

Probably similar to a lot of other businesses, you are going from having your flows and models in very different formats which can get very complicated sometimes. So it has really given us that opportunity to create that simple view but keep it very detailed as well. People don't need to get bogged down in navigation or figuring out other people's methodology or tools.

This solution improved employees' workdays and functions in some ways. Our automation team is using it quite heavily. It has enabled them to develop their automation quicker and it has enabled projects to be dealt with slightly quicker because of the collaboration commenting, and views are in one place. It has given people that chance to react quickly to any changes and the build of the automation has become quicker and easier.

I think we are getting around to more globally adopting a process-centered mindset. We are not there yet, but I'm hopeful that is will be in the future.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is ease of use which has really been a good thing to put into the business. People like tools that they can just pick up and use straight-away. For example, people love the Spacemaker tool, which is funny out of everything they could pick, but they think that is really good. The ease of use, the way the interface looks is very clear and having the ability to add an extra layer to process plans is helpful. I think that extra layer is something that I've really been able to use with the business, and it is nice how valuable that can be.

With the various ways that we can get out into the business through modelers and also through the quick model, we have been able to get things into the solution from different formats and that has been adopted very well. We are getting a lot of the content into the quick modeler. Essentially, in the department I work in, we do not have a full view of everything that goes on in the business. The solution enables the subject matter experts to get their information in and then we can go along and help them construct it and tidy it up properly.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I would really like to change is notifications. The collaboration and commenting features are great. However, I think it would be more useful for people to get notifications of comments straight away so we can react even quicker to them than we already can.

It has been very, very stable for us. So far so good. I think we had one small outage but it was dealt with really quickly.

We are still in the early days of using the product so the usage is quite small at the moment. I would imagine over the next six months we would be able to really scale it up once we get enough content in there. It is quite gradual at the moment.

The tech support has been very good so far. I have not actually had the need to use them much, which is good. The UK-based team delivers excellent customer service. The people we deal with are very knowledgeable, but also technically going through the system has been really good and quick.

We knew we needed a better solution after we carried out a review end-to-end in the business. It highlighted a lot of the things that better process management could solve for us. From silo approaches to just not having a lot of things joined up in the business, this was seen as a way that we can actually do that and keep it live, and keep it up to date.

We did not previously have a dedicated solution at all. We used older more traditional methods with Visio, PowerPoint and piecemealed it together.

Going back to the process of the tools we considered, it is hard trying to remember all those. I can certainly answer why we chose Signavio. It was the fact that their ethos and how they approached us just seemed to fit with how we like to work. That put them steps above others along with collaboration and customer journey mapping. We were embarking on a customer excellence project at the time, so it was really a way for us to tie a lot of that together. With collaboration being at the heart, it really did help us.

The initial setup was straightforward for the people who did the deployment. We had an idea of what we wanted to do, but they really helped us put it together.

We used an external training company to help get everything set up. They trained us and then it gave us the starting platform to then take it on ourselves to build out.

Our return on investment at the moment is time-savings on project communications. To be honest, because we are in the early stages it is hard to put a value on it. We are still at the stage of just getting stuff in.

What other advice do I have?

The solution's integration of process modeling, mining, and automation in one place really helps. That Collaboration Hub is a nice feature, but also the separation of the modelers and having them in their own space. But it is that Collaboration Hub that really helps bring everything together. We have not fully looked at how the process intelligence will incorporate with that yet. That is something we are still to look into, but I can certainly see that it will be able to just pull those different elements together and layer them.

The product certainly helps us identify process improvements and then we can use that documentation and those models to change our projects and processes. The parts are working side-by-side at the moment. The functionality gives everyone in our organization — from process experts to end-users — what they need. It is presenting a different view and it is allowing people to more easily view what they need to view. But it is also giving that viewer access to understand other areas of the business that they probably would not normally have access to.

On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best. I would rate Process Manager as a high nine. Just the ease of use, the layering of information and how quickly it can all be done is enough to rate it high. The team that we were interacting with in the UK, through from presale to now have really supported us. It is not just a case where we have purchased a product and got left alone with it. They are always engaging with us and working with us to help us with our transformation, which has been really good.

My advice to someone considering this type of BPM (Business Process Management) solution is to just go for it. We have already engaged with some of our partners to help them along. They will want to use some of the methodologies behind the change to use it optimally. But it really works to improve process and productivity.

SverreLenes
Process Advisor at Statnett
Easy to use and fast but it needs a sandbox

• "It's easy and fast. It's very quick to work with process teams in terms of improving processes. You just have to send them a URL and to have a process in front of them. I don't use all of the possibilities we have in Signavio. This has made it easier for people to adopt, because when we scrambled the process team together and started a process of improvement, it improved their process. They are much more involved than they had been earlier, and they can also use Signavio to make smaller improvements in the process for themselves. There are many more interactions between the process teams and Signavio than in our previous solution, where you had to hire in a professional process modeler. It's been a great improvement."
  • "From what I have experienced when I worked with a process team, we would like to work with dummy process diagrams. Right now, I don't know if I would set up a process as a dummy, since it very often gets mixed up with diagrams in production. There are many process diagrams linked to the production environment. I would like to have some kind of sandbox to work with. That would be very good. I don't even know if they already have it, but I would certainly like that."

What is our primary use case?

At first, we just used Signavio to get the whole picture. We wanted to see where we stood in terms of processes and what we actually were doing. We didn't know what we were doing in detail. That was the first step. The next step was to improve our processes. We wanted constant improvement. That's where we started to struggle. We have always documented and everyone has access to Signavio. I can look at their processes, but then we took our foot off the throttle and interest from management went elsewhere. I would say the current priority is automation and digitization. The process work has been a bit neglected in the last couple of years, so we need to come up with a re-ignition.

How has it helped my organization?

This is the company's third attempt. I think Signavio is very simple to use and it's very quick. We can produce results fairly quickly, so we can have steady improvements in the processes. It's immediately available for users, which has been a great improvement compared to what we had before.

What is most valuable?

It's easy and fast. It's very quick to work with process teams in terms of improving processes. You just have to send them a URL and to have a process in front of them. I don't use all of the possibilities we have in Signavio. This has made it easier for people to adopt because when we scrambled the process team together and started a process of improvement, it improved their process. They are much more involved than they had been earlier, and they can also use Signavio to make smaller improvements in the process for themselves. There are many more interactions between the process teams and Signavio than in our previous solution, where you had to hire in a professional process modeler. It's been a great improvement.

What needs improvement?

From what I have experienced when I worked with a process team, we would like to work with dummy process diagrams. Right now, I don't know if I would set up a process as a dummy since it very often gets mixed up with diagrams in production. There are many process diagrams linked to the production environment. I would like to have some kind of sandbox to work with. That would be very good. I don't even know if they already have it, but I would certainly like that.

We have been using Signavio for around three years.

It's a cloud solution, so usually, it's stable, but once in a while, you might lose contact with Signavio for a few minutes. I never experienced the loss of contact for more than an hour.

We used another solution which was okay, but a lot more complex to work with than the Signavio.

I wasn't involved in the set up of Signavio in the first place, but I think it was fairly quickly done. What I was involved in was the migration of the files from our previous solution to Signavio. That was fairly easy. It was just a migration and a renovation of all the diagrams migrated. We had to do a manual brush up of the diagrams and then we were good to go.

I am not involved in the financial side of Signavio, but I would guess there has been a return on investment. You have to look at. Without Signavio where would we have been? Signavio turned out to be a simple and more cost-efficient solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten. I think it's really good, but there are so many possibilities. There are so many tracks it can pull off and so much functionality that you can pour into the application. That probably isn't wise to do, though, so I think there's much more to come when we talk about Signavio. There's a lot more in the years to come I guess.

DeenNajimudeen
Assistant Director at Ernst & Young
Enables everyone to comment, contribute, and discuss the processes itself

• "The most valuable feature for me is the collaboration point of view, where everybody has a single view, or source of truth, and everybody sees the same thing. Everyone can comment, contribute, and discuss the processes itself, which makes it easier to funnel down the most value adding comments and make the relevant changes to the processes. This leads to the next best iteration or version of your process."
  • "For me, given I've got a lot of experience working with BPMN and other process management tools, in terms of the interface, I think there's a little bit more that can be improved to match what the conventional BPMN offers. I've been constantly trying to give this feedback to Signavio, to let them know that it needs to be more coherent with the original BPMN version of the stencil."

What is our primary use case?

There are plenty of use cases. One of the key things that we're trying to understand is related to the fact that a lot of our teams are working in different methods. Especially being in a global layer of the company, we're trying to see how similar teams from different geographies are working, in order to find a synergy or find the best way to learn from each other. That's why we've taken on Signavio to do our business process mapping.

How has it helped my organization?

We work a lot with offshore delivery models and Signavio has helped us bring their processes and our processes in line so that we know exactly where the hand-offs are and who is responsible for what. In some cases, we have improved the process by shifting this responsibility.

That's one of the real examples that we've done. We've been able to look at the whole picture and understand the responsibilities of each team, whether you're in the US, UK, or India. Then we can understand how to change responsibilities in order to make better use of a process. It's been done on the go, which is really good for us and it's been really valuable.

I think the entire process has improved the life cycle by being in a unified hub. We are still in our infancy of using Signavio. Already, there's been a lot of improvement with people contributing or giving input towards these processes, which means it's working already. The next step for us is to use this as a launchpad to start really managing and improving our processes in real-time. I'm hoping to get there within the next year.

The solution's functionality gives everyone in our organization, from process experts to end users, what they need. There are a lot of times that we talk to the business owner, as we have a lot of client-facing teams. Signavio has enabled us to speak to them directly. In other cases, we wouldn't really talk to them about processes, whereas here, because they can access their process with a click of a link, it makes it easier to comment and say, "Actually, we don't work this way anymore." That sort of feedback helps us to immediately look at it, take in all of its implications, and then change the way we work, so we can still be an enabler rather than an obstruction to their work as well. In the end, their work is what brings revenue to our company too, and we just have to be there to do everything for them.

Signavio improves our employees' work-based functions. It just becomes a little clearer who does what. When you can see it on a piece of paper on the wall somewhere, in a very consistent format, as the process manager allows you too, it gives everybody the sense that they know what they are responsible for. It just clears what you have to do so you can focus.

The collaborative features definitely help create a process-centered mindset in our organization. Every process that we have, there are at least six people talking about it at the same time, which is much better than just one person trying to shove something down somebody else's throat. That's a really good thing. Collaboration works towards that.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the collaboration point of view, where everybody has a single view, or source of truth, and everybody sees the same thing. Everyone can comment, contribute, and discuss the processes itself, which makes it easier to funnel down the most value-adding comments and make the relevant changes to the processes. This leads to the next best iteration or version of your process.

The interface is really good. It's on your browser, so you don't have to install anything. It just runs off Internet Explorer or Chrome, so the interface is I think a big plus for me.

The solution's ease of use is very friendly so it has been adopted quite well. I thought a lot of people might complain that they need to do tutorials and things like that but they didn't. The people I've spoken to or worked with almost picked it up immediately, without having to do too much coaching. That's a really good thing about the interface and the front end.

What needs improvement?

For me, given I've got a lot of experience working with BPMN and other process management tools, in terms of the interface, I think there's a little bit more that can be improved to match what the conventional BPMN offers. I've been constantly trying to give this feedback to Signavio, to let them know that it needs to be more coherent with the original BPMN version of the stencil.

So far, I haven't had any really bad experiences, so I couldn't really comment on the stability. So far it's been working okay for me.

I think it's a very scalable product. Obviously, if you work with Signavio hand-in-hand, they are very proactive in trying to help you with what you want. More than me being on their tail, they are after me asking what I want them to do for us. That is a good thing in terms of service, so I definitely think it's scalable. They want to understand our roadmap so that they can help as well.

I have used them occasionally. Because we are using a very small component of Signavio, we haven't really had that many technical queries. When we do speak to them, though, we usually get an immediate response. They get back to us within 24 to 48 hours and then we get something sorted out.

We had Signavio in a different department. A German team was already using it. Through our vendor analysis to see what would be the best fit, we actually chose Signavio, and then we found out we already had an existing relationship. That's how we are changing how we work with them now.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used good consultants. The initial bits, they've done to help us get up and running. In our second phase, where we're moving into a hybrid of cloud and on-premise, we're working hand-in-hand with them. They've been quite proactive. They always answer questions that we have, especially questions related to security and risk because that's a big factor for us.

We do not yet see an ROI. It is still too early for anything tangible. Intangibly, we are definitely working better across regions, with a lot more collaboration and transparency. There's a lot more understanding of the work we do, plus the work that other teams are doing. We have more empathy now.

Our shortlist included iServer, Bizagi, Trisotech, which is a Canadian company, and Signavio. They were our shortlisted front-runners. We went with Signavio because we had an existing relationship and obviously we were able to elicit a lot of feedback about how they were already working with them. Secondly, it was a good preference compared to the other two as well. Bizagi and Signavio were very close, but we eventually went with Signavio because of the interface and experience.

What other advice do I have?

There's a specific type of product that works for your company, and there could be a lot of factors that finally allow you to settle or choose one. For us, it was Signavio because of the fact that they were a good product and we already had an existing relationship. You must really think about adoption. That's the key thing, because for a product of this scale if the adoption is low, you're not going anywhere with it. The friendlier and easier it is to grasp, the better it is going to work for your wider company. That would be my advice.

I would give it an eight and a half out of ten. If you need a whole number, give it an eight, just to push them a little harder.

AB
Procurement Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has high-level process mapping features and has reduced bottlenecks, reworks, mistakes, and unnecessary activities

• "There are many valuable features, of course. I would say the main value of Signavio is to have your current process map in a way that is easy to read and derive optimization actions to make it leaner, faster, more user friendly, etc. Another great feature is the visualization, which is easy to see and read. How they map the process is also very user friendly, with drag-and-drop functionality. Also, it's a very self-explanatory, user-friendly solution."
  • "I would like to see more predictive analytics. The tool already has all the process maps, but it could offer a more proactive improvement offering. For example, they could put a little bit more machine learning behind it."

What is our primary use case?

In my case, representing the procurement department, we use it now for process mapping of all procurement processes, such as source to contract, procure to pay, and supplier management. First, we map and analyze the current process, then we determinate situations that can be optimized or improved based on our process mapping.

We knew we needed to invest in Signavio because we are a large company with around 15,000 employees and multiple departments. It was impossible to have an overview of all the processes that we have, including processes that are linked to each other and that we might have in Excel, Word, or PowerPoint. How do you bring all of these together to identify possible redundant or contradictory processes? Putting everything into one solution gives us the efficiency of mapping everything and knowing where we might need to focus to make it easier, faster, and leaner for everyone.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of how Signavio has improved our organization, take our supplier onboarding process, to name one concrete example. In the past it took around 18 steps, so we mapped them in scenarios to identify double work, reworks, and things that took much more time than they should. Today, if I look at the new process thanks to Signavio, we were able to reduce it from 18 steps to six, so you can imagine the amount of effort reduced, in terms of people touching the process and time touching the process. This is an example of how we use Signavio to reduce process cycle times.

The solution enables us to carry out the entire process improvement life cycle in a unified hub, because we have all the processes mapped so we can check at the lowest level of detail. We do not only see the process overview but even the activity or task level.

I think the solution's functionality provides everyone in our organization what they need. I am not a superuser, but more of a standard user. For the requirements we have today, at least in my team, we are covered.

I do not use the process intelligence function personally, but my team uses it. Of course, it has affected the way we approach business transformation. We use Signavio to map our processes and identify bottlenecks, double work, and reworks. We eliminate those and make the transformation from a bureaucratic process to a user and customer-friendly process. We don't use it on a daily basis, but we do use it on a regular basis to identify these issues.

The process intelligence has also provided insights into how our organization is actually operating. One example could be that by identifying our processes, we can identify how we organize our team. If you optimize certain processes, you might need fewer resources and you can allocate those resources in areas of the process where you might need more support.

Signavio enabled us to identify a few processes that could be improved. We removed a bottleneck by mapping the process and using the intelligence module, in order to identify where it was redundant. We then removed parts of the process to make it leaner. Another example is on the compliance side, where Signavio helped us identify that we did not check all checkpoints in the process so we could be leaner and even more compliant.

The solution has improved employees' workday functions. By reducing bottlenecks, reworks, mistakes, and unnecessary activities, employees can focus on adding more value activities and eliminating or at least reducing non-value-added activities.

The collaborative features helped our team create a process-centric mindset because there's no process in any company that is not cross-functional. Every process touches another function. Taking the same example of supplier onboarding, it enforced the collaboration between accounting and procurement, minimized the effort, and therefore made the collaboration even smoother because you don't fight about bottlenecks on the reworks. You have one lean process from both sides.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features, of course. I would say the main value of Signavio is to have your current process map in a way that is easy to read and derive optimization actions to make it leaner, faster, more user-friendly, etc.

Another great feature is the visualization, which is easy to see and read. How they map the process is also very user-friendly, with drag-and-drop functionality. Also, it's a very self-explanatory, user-friendly solution.

I would rate Signavio's ease of use as eight to nine out of ten. I am not a process management expert, but more of a business expert, yet I don't need much training to use it.

In terms of process modeling and automation, I can only speak on the process mapping feature, because that is the area I'm responsible for. I would rate it at a very, very high level. Besides ease of use, it is actually very professional in terms of its visualization. We even use it for external compliance audits and the like.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more predictive analytics. The tool already has all the process maps, but it could offer a more proactive improvement offering. For example, they could put a little bit more machine learning behind it.

I am not a technical person, but so far I have not seen any performance problems.

As we mapped all of our process, we started with the simple ones and we've scaled up to the complex ones. As of today we have all of our process in.

For me it sounded simple, but I don't know if the people behind it found it to be complex.

It is difficult to specify how much money we have saved in Euros, but I can name you as a percentage. I think Euros depends on the volume, but a percentage is determined more by the specific use case. In the case of supplier onboarding, we reduced the time from around six days of onboarding a supplier to a 24-hour service level.

What other advice do I have?

I think that this solution makes a lot of sense if you want to integrate many processes. If you do it for a single process, you might get some advantage, but you will not get the most out of this solution, which is made for bringing in different topics and processes and mapping them together. It also helps you decide where to split or eliminate roadblocks in order to make it leaner. The more processes you put in, the more Signavio makes sense.

I would rate it between eight and nine points out of ten. I think it's a super-advanced, easy to use solution that brings added value that we need. As a non-key user, but someone who uses the system from time to time for needs that we have, I find it to be a great solution.

TR
Process Manager at a wholesaler/distributor
Good collaboration functionality and the glossary makes it easy to reference information

• "The most valuable feature is the glossary. It is really nice because all of the information is centralized, and that is a big help to the company."
  • "We sometimes experience downtime or a dropped connection, so I think that the stability can be improved for the SaaS solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that sells a variety of goods and the majority of our business is logistics. We use Signavio Process Manager to manage our logistics processes. We can see things like who has to be notified if one or more of our internal processes has changed.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio Process Manager is very easy to use. We have worked with other products in the past, and based on that experience, people would say that they hated modeling processes. When we implemented this solution I was the educator responsible for presenting it to the company, and all of my teams were really happy. Now they like to model processes because it's so easy.

The combination of this solution and what we do with it contributes to the entire process improvement lifecycle. We use the Collaboration Hub and everybody gets the newest updates when something is changed.

Using this solution has improved our organization because it adds visibility to the processes. We sell stuff all over Europe and we deal with issues such as borders. Not everybody realized that changing their process had an impact on others, or to what degree the impact was. Now, everybody can see when a process is changed, which is really good.

I would say that using Signavio has helped to create a process-centric mindset within our organization. We started with other products and there were processes that needed to be documented, but we had no real guidelines on how it should be done. With this solution, it's pretty easy, and there is help available in the settings. Now that people understand that it is not hard to document processes, they realize that our process thinking has to get better.

We are not currently using mining or automation functionality. We are in the middle of changing our ERP, and none of our processes were documented. The first step is documenting our old processes, and we have process mining as part of our longterm vision.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the glossary. It is really nice because all of the information is centralized, and that is a big help to the company. Key positions were falling away and we didn't really know what jobs the person was responsible for. Now with the glossary, we can link everything and we know exactly what we need to replace if a position is vacated or eliminated.

What needs improvement?

We sometimes experience downtime or a dropped connection, so I think that the stability can be improved for the SaaS solution.

We have been using this solution for less than a year.

I think that stability is pretty good, although sometimes, the key users tell me that it is running slowly. I'm not sure if it is our internet connection or the service from Signavio, but when we simply re-load, most of the time it fixes the problem.

I think that the scalability is good, but the more we put into it, the more complex it will get. Most of the time, that is my job.

To this point, I think that we have only had one real problem. It was with the Single sign-On, and it worked almost immediately.

We worked with other products before we chose this one, and Signavio is easier to use.

The initial setup was simple.

There were other products that were being evaluated and Signavio was chosen for its simplicity. It is easy to use and the collaboration was a big factor for us.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using this solution for less than a year and all of the bad things that we had with the other solutions are gone. We really like the glossary, the Collaboration Hub, and the other features. I can only compare to other products where we had nothing, and now that we have Signavio, everything is fine.

This solution is simple and great.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

OliviaKleine
IT Team Assistant for Integrity and Compliance at TUI Group
A complete package that includes a QuickModel feature to help you start working right away

• "The formatting features are quite good because you can create very complex models, but you can easily clean them up so that they look very nice."
  • "I would like to be able to include images in the documentation."

What is our primary use case?

Our main use for Signavio Process Manager is to document our process and look at how we can improve them. We also use it as a basis for communication, internally and externally, to show workflows and ask for feedback. You can really see what has to be done on both the development and user's side.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is very easy to use. I've seen some other products and the modeling in this solution is super fast. I like the QuickModel feature, where I can sit down with someone who isn't into process modeling at all. You can just type out the steps that there are, and then later clean it up into a proper process model.

Using this solution has helped when we work together on a project with a lot of different people. In our compliance environment, you have several people in different roles. There is me, who is the technical person on the team. There are lawyers that bring in the expertise and the content. Then, you have developers that actually build the platform for us. Having a diagram instead of a ten-page document that describes what we want to do gives us a language that everybody understands. We can all sit there, look at the process, and everybody understands what is going on. On the basis of that, it is very easy to talk about what we need to do. It actually surprised me to see how good it is for communication and for simplifying complex topics.

The adoption is good in our own team, although overall, it is not going as we'd like. There are other teams in our company that started using it, but usually, there are only one or two real modelers in each team. This is especially true because of the license, as not everyone is going to get a license for modeling. This means that you always have experts, so to say. Normally, the other users look at the Collaboration Hub and then use comments.

We have not yet begun the integration of process modeling, mining, and automation. In fact, we haven't really begun to optimize yet. We are still in the first process of documenting our current processes and unifying them.

We are trying to work on the process-improvement lifecycle at the moment, but we aren't there yet. I've seen that the Velocity update is going to provide us with something that's going to make this easier and nicer for us to do, especially from a visual perspective. Some users need a nice visual picture and there are some things that come with the update that I think will be very beneficial for us.

With respect to giving all of the users what they need, it is hard for me to say. We mainly have power users, experts, and then we have a few users who only leave comments. We haven't rolled out the Collaboration Hub on the whole company yet.

While we have not rolled out the Collaboration Hub company-wide, I can say that in my team, it has helped create a process-centric mindset. When we do a project, we try to document everything that we want to do in Signavio, including the lifecycle. It really helps to keep us focused on what we want to get and what we have to keep in mind for the whole process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is modeling. It is very quick and easy.

The formatting features are quite good because you can create very complex models, but you can easily clean them up so that they look very nice.

The customization is very valuable because we use a lot of attributes, which helps us with how we look at our processes and also the steps in our documentation.

The QuickModel feature allows you to start right away, put down a model, and then clean it up later. It's very quick and easy and we like that.

What needs improvement?

As a standard user, I would really like to have more flexibility in the visualization, especially on the main page of the Collaboration Hub to make it easier. I would like it to show cycles and other things, rather than just boxes and arrows.

I would like to be able to include images in the documentation.

I generally have not had problems with stability issues. It's running really fast and smooth especially for how complex some of the diagram sketches are. The only problem is that it's online-only, and there's nothing like an offline feature, which means that it is only as stable as your internet connection.

We have set Signavio up in different departments and it is easy to just add more users. There is the option to set up a separate platform inside the company if it is necessary. It has always been easy to do, but we have not yet reached our full potential.

Signavio's technical support is very good. They are very nice, helpful, and fast in replying. It is not the case, as with some solutions, where you feel like you are talking to a wall and only get standard replies. Our experience is that we've had a responsible person that has called us back and showed us things the right way. It is very nice and I really like the support.

The other solutions that I have seen are BOC ADONIS, Camunda BPM, and some free stuff as well. That had a few nice features, but I really like the way that Signavio functions.

What other advice do I have?

Some of the quality-of-life improvements that I had wished for seem to be included in the new version. My understanding is that things have been made easier for an end-user to just click through it and find the way, like a Wiki.

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to connect with Signavio and ask them for a webinar or presentation. They are very good at showing things that you might not notice in the normal advertisements, or if you just look at it by yourself. They know the basic application and what you need it for, and they can show you the features that might be of interest to you.

I am very happy with the product. I have seen some other tools, and Signavio is the whole package. It is easy to use, quick to use, I like the features, I like the support, and I like the people who are working behind it.

GottfriedKoch
Direct Business Process Management at Coca-Cola European Partners
Provides an easy way to make new processes visible and understandable to the organization

• "I would say the collaboration features are very useful to us, because we are a European organization, so we are not in one location. This is an easy way to share with other people and ask them for feedback. That is the use case for us."
  • "It's very user-orientated, which is why I gave it a high rating, even if it is not perfect in every corner."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is really to make the process visible for the organization to help them understand it. We also use it to create a clear definition, not only of process steps, but also the roles behind the process. If you think about our organization, that is something that we really need to explain to people that are new.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of transforming our business, Signavio provides an easy way to make new processes visible and understandable to the organization. It depends on the level of detail you create and how big the process is, but that is the main thing.

What is most valuable?

I'm not a heavy user but I really like the concept of the Collaboration Hub, where people can work together on the processes. I would say in general, what I like most is that it is an easy to use tool. I have also worked with ARIS, and this is much easier.

I would say the collaboration features are very useful to us, because we are a European organization, so we are not in one location. This is an easy way to share with other people and ask them for feedback. That is the use case for us.

We have been using Signavio for around two years.

For me, I would give everybody in our organization the possibility to look at their processes. That is our goal. That is also one reason why our process design is on an activity level and not more because everybody should understand it. From a designer perspective, I think we have around 100 designer licenses. We would like to have a difference between a designer from the business and somebody from my team because they now have access to everything with the designer license, and that does not work if you are in a large organization.

You cannot ask a business or a person to use ARIS. It's not possible. Sometimes, if you navigate through the process flow in ARIS, you do not remember at a certain point where you started. It is not easy to come back to that point. I sometimes say that the process models in ARIS are three dimensional. That is too much for our normal thinking process, so you get lost.

It did not take long to get this product up and running. I would say we did two or three really intense workshops with one of the Signavio guys going through the configuration and general settings. Then we went through it as a team and decided on this. It was really quick. It took us more to determine what the content would be and how we wanted to start. We created a process house. That was more an issue of how to start from a content perspective.

We also discussed how we can explain the use case for Signavio but it's really just that the people use it. We actually have around 5,000 process models in the tool and we only started with the real usage of the tool at the beginning of the year. They really use it in their projects to maintain the processes. It is the best indicator that there is a good investment if you have a lot of users, especially if they also create data in the tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Signavio an eight out of ten. It's very user-orientated, which is why I gave it a high rating, even if it is not perfect in every corner. If you create your product with happy users, then you have done a lot of things right.

SN
Operations Change at Morgan Stanley
Helps us to go back to basics and document our processes in a standard way, in a central repository

• "The reason we chose Signavio is it's a very robust industrial-grade business process modeling data tool, with data capture behind it, as well as a collaborative nature. A lot of it comes out of the box and requires less technology involvement. It can be run well by the business users. That's what we really like about it."
  • "I think the interface itself can improve a bit. I think the interface is still stuck about a decade in the past, if I may be so brutal about it. Some of the buttons are really small, so you can't even see them. I think it needs upgrading to the 21st century with apps and the way we use mobile phones."

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to get a better understanding of our process. We want to get right to the core of it. We went through a multi-year automation journey and we found that most people really didn't know their processes well enough. Signavio is helping us to go back to basics a bit and document our processes in a standard way in a central repository. It also gives us a better understanding of the process so that we can be more targeted, accurate, and effective in the way we do our transformation.

How has it helped my organization?

It is still early days, but we have big plans. We want to embed the use and maintenance of the process data into everything that we do. We have various roles and operations from line management and business management to risks, supervisors, and change people. We need to embed the consistent use of a single store, a golden source of data for everything that we do. Our plan is to get the process documented, but then make sure that people use that, so it's not something that sits on a shelf somewhere and people only look at it when there's a problem or issue.

In terms of a business transformation, we've had a couple of successes and good examples, but we're going slowly, so it's going to take us some time to get there. We're setting the foundation for it, hopefully.

Signavio's phone apps help improve employee's workday functions, certainly on the chain side. People that typically pick up a process map for everything that they do are getting a lot of use out of it. The feedback so far is this is great. This is something that we needed. We've gone through a lot of transformation over the last ten years, but this is setting the stage for the future.

What is most valuable?

The reason we chose Signavio is it's a very robust industrial-grade business process modeling data tool, with data capture behind it, as well as a collaborative nature. A lot of it comes out of the box and requires less technology involvement. It can be run well by business users. That's what we really like about it.

It is also easy to use. We were using Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Paint until very recently to document our processes. Through this automation program I was leading, we were using another product, which has the word blue in it, which was a leg up from Visio, but still not quite what we were expecting. For us, it's really about the data-driven aspect so we are able to access the data and stitch different things together, especially when you're looking at things in hindsight.

What needs improvement?

There are a couple of things that could be improved. First, I think the interface itself can improve a bit. I think the interface is still stuck about a decade in the past, if I may be so brutal about it. Some of the buttons are really small, so you can't even see them. I think it needs upgrading to the 21st century with apps and the way we use mobile phones.

Secondly, although the navigation is fine and the customization is absolutely phenomenal, it is difficult to create different perspectives and views without having to take the data out of the system and use a BI tool. Those would be sort of the two main things from my perspective.

We've been using this product for less than six months.

There have been no major issues, as we are on-premises. We're not on a cloud origin, although we'd like to move to that at some point.

We're actually working on extending our licenses. We want to almost double the number of licenses we have. That's because the amount of engagement we've had has been really good.

Their support is okay. Sometimes, we find that the turnaround time isn't as great and it can sometimes takes a few chasers to get a response, but for the most part it's okay.

This is the kind of question my boss would ask me. He said, "What's the ROI?" I would tell him that the ROI will be in the future. We've had a couple of examples where people have told us that this is what they needed. It gives them the visibility that they didn't have. It is still in the early days, though.

We started this journey with Signavio two years ago. It was actually one of my colleagues that met them at an OpEx conference in the U.S. That's sort of been our top of the list choice since then. We knew we needed to prove to ourselves and the organization that we needed a tool. That's why we used that other blue tool for a year and a half to inform our requirements and get better at it. Then we made a case for it. I think the on-premises version was always important to us. We weren't ready to put all of our stuff in the cloud yet, but I thought we were getting better at it. The collaborative nature of it and being able to customize a lot of things that we wanted without having to rely on technology support is really good. Some of the features like the API for putting data in and out provide a lot of functionality. We did a pretty extensive assessment of other solutions, but we decided that this technology was the best of all.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution somewhere between a seven and eight out of ten, because of a couple of things that we would want out of the box. The whole goal for us is not to be relying on technology to support us, but I can't customize a view or use customer attributes that I created. In some cases, I can use them, but it is very limited. Basically that and the interface are the only issues I have.

MZ
IT Consultant in House at Interseroh proserv gmbh
Helpful version management, model editor is easy to operate, and excellent technical support

• "Version management is helpful because I like to try different versions and then decide which of them should be the main model."
  • "I would like to be able to link a single word within a textual description directly to the glossary."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our projects. We describe the project requirements and build the process landscape.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio Process Manager is very easy to use, and its ease is one of the reasons that people are adopting it. Next week, I will be teaching some of my new colleagues how to write models using the process manager. Using this solution makes it very easy for new people to start writing their own models, and we already have lots of people using it internally.

At this time, we do not have a process model lifecycle. This is something that we may do in the future, but not now.

While I cannot yet say that this solution has helped to improve employees’ workdays, I am hoping to see this by next year.

Using Signavio has changed the way people in our organization think about processes. To start thinking in processes is very important when it comes to describing them in the modeler and for discussing models. The software helps with this.

The collaborative features have definitely helped to create a process-centric mindset. After modeling in the workshop, I can invite people to read and write comments about the objects in the model. This allows the model to change and developer before the next workshop starts.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are syntax evaluation, the editor, and version management.

The editor is very easy to operate and I like it for writing models.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to link a single word within a textual description directly to the glossary. For example, I would like to be able to link the names of the objects in every subject to the corresponding entry in the glossary.

This solution is very stable. I cannot remember a situation where it has broken down.

We have not yet reached a limit for what we are using, so we haven't really tested scalability.

The technical support from Signavio is excellent.

We had a problem with the database migration that was caused by a bad file in our database. The export and import would break down every time, so we had to find the problem step by step. We collaborated with technical support and they helped us to solve the problem. It was very good.

The initial setup is very easy. You have to configure the software, the rules, and the rights for the objects. All of this is easy to do.

We don't measure ROI so I cannot say.

We did not discuss other options before choosing Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this type of solution is to first think about the needs of your business. Begin with the processes in the organization, and then start to do the modeling using either Signavio or something else. It is most important to understand the business and its needs.

ME
Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers
Helps change the way we approach business transformation but lacks an intuitive glossary

• "It's way of handling is really an advantage. It's quite easy to use, without too much training . That's the main point for me."
  • "I think the intuitive handling is an issue which they should be more focused on, especially as we have issues with the glossary. If you want to implement Signavio within procedures in contact with other software, it's quite difficult to integrate and you will have several points where you have to double and triple the work, because you cannot maintain the data centrally. With other solutions, we can integrate it and have only one data transfer, to import and export with other solutions. A glossary is still limiting us."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Signavio mainly in the context of tax compliance management systems. We are supporting clients by documenting their processes, risks, and controls within Signavio. We also use Signavio to import processes into a workflow management tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is only a part of what we are doing, maybe 10% of a project. What's important for our clients, however, is to get that transparency about the processing. This is really the success we can show by using BPMN modeling.

This product helps change the way we approach business transformation. I don't know if it's really the Signavio tool itself. It's the BPMN modeling. This helps with convincing people and supporting them throughout their transformation.

What is most valuable?

Signavio's way of handling is really an advantage. It's quite easy to use, without too much training. That's the main point for me.

It's quite difficult for clients to change from describing their process in variety to a process modeling tool. This tool helps convince them in the projects, by using BPMN modeling, which is a close step of automation. There's a code that can be machine-read and so used for further automation.

My team does not use the process intelligence function but other colleagues of ours do use it. It's helpful, but there is still a long way to go for Signavio to be a leader in this area. There are other tools.

What needs improvement?

I think the intuitive handling is an issue which they should be more focused on, especially as we have issues with the glossary. If you want to implement Signavio within procedures in contact with other software, it's quite difficult to integrate and you will have several points where you have to double and triple the work because you cannot maintain the data centrally. With other solutions, we can integrate it and have only one data transfer, to import and export with other solutions. A glossary is still limiting us.

From time to time we have performance issues with Signavio, but in general it's stable.

Their technical support team is quite responsive but we are so deep in the details that we are really challenging them. I think my team in some cases knows much more than their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

With regard to BPMN modeling, I would rate it a seven to eight out of ten. With regard to other functions, I would say four to five.

Muhammad-Ismail
Operations Governance and Oversight at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Enables us to carry out the entire process environment life cycle in a unified manner and for our employees to be more productive

• "The fact that the repository is available on the web is the most valuable feature. It's a very simple tool. If you can use something simple and visual, you should be able to use the model as well in Signavio. It has the ability, for example, to track versioning control, so if you make updates to the processes, you have the ability to track the versions as well."
  • "I think the biggest selling point that Signavio talks about is its collaborative aspect. However, there's still a lot more improvement in terms of what they can do, how they receive comments, address comments, whether they actually provide feedback, etc. There is still a little bit more improvement to be made on those areas."

What is our primary use case?

We've had a restructuring in our company last year, so a lot of functions that have come are quite new and a lot of new staff are being hired as well. It's particularly useful to have this repository of processes so that new staff can get on board easily and use the knowledge that's available to start working immediately.

How has it helped my organization?

There was a lack of clarity at our company, in terms of how certain transactions were supposed to be done. I think with this step-by-step approach in terms of process definition, as well as the ability for people to access the repository easily, we can remove any doubts of how they should be doing their work.

The solution will enable us to carry out the entire process environment life cycle in a unified manner, although we have not gone to that full cycle yet. We are just able to document our new processes as per the new business model that we have. We hope to complete the circle to go into improvement analysis next year, followed by a new version of their processes.

The solution functionality gives everyone in our organization what they need. One way or another, people are sort of developing their business processes on their own, but it differs from department to department. Now, we have a consistent way to model the processes and communicate them. It is now in one unified language.

We have not needed to make changes to our processes yet, but I think as people model their processes, they already see at the outset that there are possible improvements that can be made.

Employees are more productive because they can do a transaction without any ambiguity or issues down the line.

Signavio is approaching the point where its collaborative features will help to create a process-centric mindset. The good thing is the fact that you can raise comments on processors, which gives a lot of power to the end-users. They can say which areas need to be improved or get back at the process modelers to improve their processes in the future.

What is most valuable?

We had a solution before that was not as easy to use. A recent internal survey showed that people have found that Signavio is much more user-friendly. One of our goals was to make sure that our own staff is able to learn a model as opposed to relying on external resources. Our staff was able to be trained on how to use this tool and the model they own for themselves. In terms of ease use, it's very good.

What needs improvement?

I think the biggest selling point that Signavio talks about is its collaborative aspect. However, there's still a lot more improvement in terms of what they can do, how they receive comments, address comments, whether they actually provide feedback, etc. There is still a little bit more improvement to be made on those areas.

I think it's been very stable so far. There have been no crashes or other issues. We're happy with their regular updates.

Currently, we don't have that many users, so we can't yet test it in terms of scaling up. So far we have gone from ten users initially up to 50 modelers. We are also increasing the number of people accessing the collaboration hub. So far, so good.

Their technical support is very good. They have a very good way of accessing the users and are able to easily put our tickets forward to resolve them. On top of that, I feel that we still have customer success managers as well who check in periodically to see whether we are happy with the solution overall and see how they can help out with that.

We had an older solution that was not as easy to use and our staff was not able to learn how to use the previous tool. With Signavio, one of the selling points is that everybody comes out of a one to two-day training able to model their processes. You get that ability to do it yourself and start modeling very fast.

Our experience was that we used Signavio's own consulting team to do something called a rapid deployment. This was a quick and easy way to introduce Signavio into the organization. In just a few days, they came on site and talked to us to understand our context and situation. Then they could configure the entire solution. It's a very easily convertible solution anyway. Nonetheless, they walked us through it and it gave us the confidence to use the solution.

I think we're spending about $150,000 a year on licensing costs.

I think we were looking at a few state-of-the-art vendors that are out there. They were famous ones like Bizagi, KiSSFLOW, etc. Signavio ticked all of our boxes because you have the ability to model in open formats, such as BPMN, they have a web-based portal, and it was simpler. The other solutions can get a little bit more complicated. This one was a simple, easy to use software that was good for us.

What other advice do I have?

If you are thinking of a solution where you don't have to be dependent on external resources through the modeling part and you want to be more self-sufficient, Signavio is the way to go. It enables you to get your own staff to do the process documentation easily. The most important thing is that we're able to update the processes periodically, which is what we wanted. We didn't want an obsolete processing repository after a few years. We want to give the incentive to staff to update them. That's one of the major reasons I would say you should adopt it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. It's still a developing product and I have confidence that there is still a lot of room to improve. Of course, I'm not using the Velocity Edition yet, so I do see a lot of things that are improving in terms of integration aspects. They look and feel the same. They've integrated all the different modules. I hope that I would be able to give the Velocity Edition a nine out of ten. I think one of the issues was the fact that the solutions looked different because they brought different modules. Now, however, the new one addresses them in a more integrated fashion. The user interface is a bit lacking, which is why I only gave it a score of eight of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StephanSiegwart
Process Engineer at Swissgrid
Easy to use with good collaboration and state of the art modeling capabilities, but the licensing should be changed

• "I have done a lot of modeling over quite a number of years, and I think that the modeling capabilities in Signavio are state of the art."
  • "For us, it would help a lot if this solution had floating licenses."

What is our primary use case?

We are a transmission system operator that handles the high voltage electricity network in all of Switzerland. There are a lot of core processes and managing support processes, and they need to be very accurate because what we're doing is quite critical.

It's critical infrastructure, so doing things wrong at the core can cause a lot of damage and cost a lot of money, but it can also cause injury or death. It is dangerous, therefore our processes need to be very well understood and need to be run very strictly.

How has it helped my organization?

Our employees rely on the Collaboration Hub to understand the processes. They know exactly what to do and how to do it, what the procedure is, and if necessary, what forms to use. We have a few modelers around the company who are based in the business units. They keep up with what the processes are, keep them alive, and keep them updated.

One of the things that are quite easy to achieve with a tool like this is that you start getting together and talking about what you're doing. Being able to show that, graphically, raises the understanding of what all of the team members think we are doing. It is a good way to discuss our understanding, which could be different than it was in the beginning. Just condensing and focusing on this graphical representation unifies our views, which I think is already a big, big step in improving what we're doing.

I think that this solution would help us to carry out the entire process improvement lifecycle. However, I fear that our maturity of processes is not too high. I'm glad that most of the critical processes are there, documented, can be read, and are kept alive. We're not really doing an improvement lifecycle, not really doing metrics measuring, doing improvement, or things like that. We're still one or more stages away from that.

For the time being, I think that everyone in our organization has the functionality that they need.

In terms of improved employees’ workdays, I have seen stability brought to them. I noticed it first about three years ago. This solution has also improved from the modeling side over that time, whereas it has always been easy for the end-user.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing for me is the collaboration hub that can be used by everybody. They can really get their information quickly. It shows them the logic workflows, and also allows them to get the needed documentation, forms, templates, and whatever they need. It's easy to use, you know where you go to get your information, and it's very valuable for everybody.

What needs improvement?

For us, it would help a lot if this solution had floating licenses. I would consider this to be my number one improvement because we try to involve as many people as possible in modeling, rather than having them just consume work that other people have done. We feel that it is important for people to identify with the processes, and with what we model, so it requires that we have a lot of licenses. If we had a floating license or a concurrent license, then it would help a lot.

Stability has been fine for quite some time, although I had some trouble with the introduction of a new release a few weeks ago. This shook the stability slightly, and unfortunately, it was exactly at the time I was giving a course on using Signavio.

It took perhaps one or two days where it was very slow, and sometimes not responding at all, but it is now back to normal and working well.

We have four hundred and fifty to five hundred people in our company who have access to our processes through the Collaboration Hub.

We started with perhaps three hundred users in the beginning, which is not a big difference from where we are now, but scaling it was fine.

In most of the cases, technical support has been quite quick. Not always, but what I liked is that when I had a problem and there was an answer, I used the tracking tool and it was easy to get back to the same person.

This is important to me because I've had experience in other areas where if you need to have three contacts for one topic, you always start at point zero with a new person. This is very boring and I didn't see that. In this way, I think that technical support is good and organized.

Before I joined the company, they were using ARIS BPM. It was perceived as being complex and not easy to use.

The setup seemed straightforward. When I saw it, the solution was up and running.

We used a company called EnerBit in Switzerland. They are a partner of Signavio and they performed the setup for us.

Measuring ROI is quite a complex thing, which is probably the main reason why we don't currently do it. My gut feeling is that we have realized ROI because the license is not too expensive.

I think that the price of the licenses is between $2,000 USD and $3,000 USD per license per year, plus the hub usage. I cannot remember the exact cost, but it is affordable.

The biggest investment is in training the people, and building up the processes and discussing how it should be. That's where a lot of time goes. That's where the money goes. For me, this equilibrium is very good. The money should not go into licenses, but rather the big value is in the content in the end.

We did a GATT / WTO and there were a lot of companies applying. One of our central points was ease of use, especially for the end-users, but secondly for the modelers. I think that Signavio was selected because of this. It was very easy to use.

What other advice do I have?

I was in the software business for a long time, developing SaaS solutions, so I am quite critical when it comes to rating products. I think Signavio BPM does its job, it is easy to use, but it runs a little slow sometimes and it could be faster.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

SvenTurpes
Group Accountant at HUGO BOSS
Drag-and-drop makes this easy to use, encourages company-wide process thinking

• "The interface is very intuitive and includes a drag-and-drop function."
  • "There are a few bugs when you use the Microsoft Surface Hub with the big screen."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to optimize our fund processes and also to use the process charts for our yearly audits. The audits are a very important topic for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Our global aim is to transform from a silo thinking organization to a process thinking organization and I think this technology can help everybody to enable this.

With respect to ease of use, I think that Signavio fits very well here. It matches the needs that we have. At first glance, process thinking doesn't seem like it is for everybody. You really have to get into it a little bit. Now, after using Signavio, I think it's very easy.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very intuitive and includes a drag-and-drop function. I've never seen anybody who needs a big introduction to the software. Using it is a bit like an iPad or an iPhone.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Signavio for two and a half years.

This is definitely a stable product. I have never had any big issues with it.

In our German offices, this solution is used in every department, albeit in different ways. In some departments, it is used only for projects. However, in my office, it is used for our daily processes.

The initial setup went well and I have never had any problems.

It takes a few days to set up. We have a central department that manage the licenses.

We have internal training on how to use Signavio.

We have definitely realized ROI by using this Signavio.

Firstly, it enables process thinking across the whole company. It is also very good for knowledge transfer when you have documented your processes and when, for example, a new employee comes and you can show them your processes. It is really good for big-picture thinking.

What other advice do I have?

We have completed a proof of value for the process intelligence functionality, but we have not yet begun to use it. This may happen in the future.

I really like the simplicity, but when it comes to using it with the Microsoft Surface Hub, there is a little bit of room for improvement.

MarkusBurger
Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
High usability and good collaboration tools help bring everybody closer to the process

• "The collaboration hub, which helps us in terms of being able to communicate with our customers, brings everybody into the tool and close to the process, allowing them to comment and to implement their own processes."
  • "One of the most important points in Signavio that would be a great change would be the management of variants of the process."

What is our primary use case?

We are working to help our customers with manufacturing use cases from areas such as the automotive sector, mechanical engineering, production, and OEMs. Most of the time, it is end-to-end processes.

Our specialty is supply chain management on operational manufacturing, and in this environment, we usually use Signavio to model end-to-end processes.

How has it helped my organization?

I would rate the ease of use for this solution at five stars. The customers are more open to actually work with the product and in the product landscape because it's so easy to use compared to other products, where changes and remarks are very intransparent. This is a big advantage to Signavio.

We worked together with Signavio for a customer and six months ago they had nothing. That was a complete greenfield approach. I would say from March this year up to November they began with zero users to now it's a complete 180-degree change. They started from nothing and now everybody's using Signavio, communicating and collaborating and modeling their processes.

With regard to the solution’s integration of process modeling, mining, and automation, we usually get started from a maturity-level point of view. We've got our own framework to independently assess different customers process landscapes, and this is firstly done by our maturity level questionnaire, then intense interviews and workshops, and by having a thorough look at the data documents. It's pretty much hands-on and a lot of talking.

This solution enables us to carry out the entire process-improvement lifecycle in a unified hub, otherwise, we wouldn't use it.

I think that this solution gives our users everything they need in terms of functionality. In my opinion, it's customizable enough that you can realize your own ideas, but it's also standard enough that you don't have to make too many changes.

What is most valuable?

The usability of Signavio is at a very high level.

The Collaboration Hub, which helps us in terms of being able to communicate with our customers, brings everybody into the tool and close to the process, allowing them to comment and to implement their own processes. That is very important for us because that makes the process-based change really successful for the customer.

Signavio one hundred percent underlines the mind change that is required to implement a successful process landscape.

What needs improvement?

We very often face situations where Signavio comes to its limits. One of the most important points in Signavio that would be a great change would be the management of variants of the process. This is very unhandy at the moment and what would bring a benefit to Signavio, as well as to the customer, is an even closer integration of the collaboration tools. These are the process manager, workflow accelerator, and process intelligence.

We are using the process manager and the Collaboration Hub.

This is a solution that we deploy for our customers.

I have no worries with respect to stability.

It's always a little work to scale this type of solution. When you start with, for example, two modelers and a handful of collaboration app users, it's very easy to handle. If you scale, you have to think of different aspects like user management or rights and so on. That said, we have had no problem with scalability.

We've implemented Signavio for companies with about one thousand employees. We have also implemented Signavio for a company with fifteen thousand employees and the scaling never was a problem.

I had a situation last year on the 24th of December, which is Christmas Eve in Germany. Usually nobody is working. I had a problem with my workspace and I rang up the support line. One hour later, everything was absolutely fine. That was really the best customer service impression I've ever had.

I personally found out about Signavio about seven years ago and just followed the company, their internal roadmap, and the development. I liked what I saw because they kept the pace over the last six, seven years.

But in general I had worked and I'm still working with different solutions. It's most important that we can work with the tools the customer requires.

From the technical point of view, it's very simple because as soon as you use a cloud solution, you don't have to worry about anything.

From the hands-on and from the working point of view, it might be a little bit difficult if you have never worked with BPMN. However, as soon as you get into it and based on the help Signavio or the tool provides, as soon as you start to work in it, it is pretty straightforward. If you're a motivated user it might take one to two weeks and then you are fully functional in Signavio.

We just finished a proof of concept with an automotive supplier in Germany where we completed a very rough analysis of about two weeks. We tried, based on the process intelligence approach, to improve the procure to pay process. For example, in this process we identified a quarterly potentially for savings of about €70,000 ($77,000 USD). That's definitely a saving.

We also have a customer that started from a blank sheet of paper and now they have an entirely functioning process landscape. This is intangible and not really a money-wise benefit, but they gained a thousand people in the process landscape during half a year. That's amazing.

To get a more objective view, we did a study last year. This was an internal study where we compared seventy BPMN tools and in the end, there were four or five tools, depending on the use case, that we put on our internal chart list.

Signavio was one of them. Depending on the use case, there might be one or two tools that we also would recommend to a customer. From an overall point of view, Signavio just had the best evaluation based on our survey. When it comes to high-end tool functionalities, they are very close to each other. However, with Signavio, it was also the support, the service, and the prospective. They are really trying to build some good features into the tool over the next one or two years. I'm very sure that they will outperform even the other vendors on our shortlist.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are not currently using the process intelligence functionality because of a lack of quality data. However, some are starting to implement SAP this year and based on this implementation and the gathered data, there will be definitely a process intelligence or process mining approach. This will happen in the next two to three years.

From our internal BPMN survey of over seventy tools, I feel that Signavio is still a very good choice. That said, there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a consulting partner of Signavio
EM
Business Process Manager at Chal tec
Collaboration saves time and adds transparency to processes, but the performance can be improved

• "The feature that I like the most is the collaboration hub, where every user or every employee can see the process in the overview."
  • "Being able to integrate the Workflow Accelerator with more products would be good."

What is our primary use case?

We are building models using the Signavio Process Manager, and we are using the Workflow Accelerator to optimize our workflows.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped to improve the organization because it makes processes more transparent and workflows better. It is not so manual any more. Because we use the Workflow Accelerator, it is more structured.

Signavio's ease of use depends on whether you have experience with designing processes. You can define the attributes and what a person can do, which is easy. However, if you are fairly new and nothing has been defined then it may be a bit complicated because you can be overwhelmed by so many symbols and so many things that you can do.

Using this solution has helped make the business transformation easier. You can take an existing process an improve on it because everybody collaborates on it.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is the Collaboration Hub, where every user or every employee can see the process in the overview. This helps because it adds transparency such that everybody can see and discuss the same process. You can change it and it stays current for everybody. Also, you don't have to send an email or use a shared folder or anything like that. You can just work on it using the interactive Process Manager.

What needs improvement?

If you have a lot of tasks in the workflow engine then it gets a bit slow.

Being able to integrate the Workflow Accelerator with more products would be good.

I used Signavio as a student, and have now been using it for two and a half or three years professionally. I helped bring this solution to my current company after using it at the university.

Last year, we had a blackout for one day or something like that, but since then it has been very stable.

This solution is very scalable because we are using Software as a Service.

We started with two Process Managers, now we have three or four. Also, with Workflow Accelerator, we started I think with twenty users and now we are around seventy.

We only have email support and I would say that it is good.

Because we are using Software as a Service, there are no issues with installation, setup, or upgrades. Just open Internet Explorer, Chrome, or another browser and use it.

There is a saving in time by using the Workflow Accelerator because we have made the process leaner.

With respect to choosing a solution for our requirements, it was the subject of a discussion that we had at the company. In the discussion, there was both the process team and the team that decided which product to purchase. I chipped in and said I had already used it in university, and said that it was good.

Now that we have it, everybody seems to like it.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using automation and process mining at this time. We are just using the Workflow Accelerator and the Process Manager.

I am happy with this solution but there is still room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

PaulHoward
Managing Director at Aqetas
Quick to learn and easy to implement BPMN

• "The most valuable feature for me is usability."
  • "If you're going to use the tool the way I'm using it, which is to work with businesses and capture what they're thinking, it would be helpful to be able to insert other objects onto a diagram."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a management consultant, and I'm working with an IT-managed service business that is trying to trend well. They're trying to change the way they operate so that they can scale their PE-backed business. They want to grow a lot faster than they're growing.

Typically, that sort of business, they started saying, "We need new systems." As soon as you get involved with helping and say, "What's processes are you trying to execute on these systems?" You immediately get into the use case of, "You don't have an operating model." If you don't have an operating model, you're never going to scale.

I'm helping that business on the journey to establishing an operating model and a set of processes This means that the systems that they want to implement will actually support the processes and allow them to deliver value to their clients. In the end, my use case is a pretty basic process mapping.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is usability. I have experience in managing and growing businesses, operating models that were built for me, and have also built them myself on Microsoft Visio and other tools. They have been horrible, static, unused, impossible to maintain, and inaccessible tools. Now, as an independent consultant, usability is important to me.

It is very easy to implement BPMN using this tool.

The Collaboration Hub is a big thing.

What needs improvement?

If you're going to use the tool the way I'm using it, which is to work with businesses and capture what they're thinking, it would be helpful to be able to insert other objects onto a diagram. At the moment, there are the different symbols you can use with different features of BPMN, but if I wanted to cut and paste a slide or some images to help us show them, "This is what you gave me. This is how I've changed it into this," you can't do that. You can't superimpose images or other things into their graphic. I understand that it works well as a best practice for capturing a process, but as a communication tool, that would help.

I have been using Signavio for about four months.

My client currently uses Visio, but it's not available to everybody.

My client purchased one editor license and the Collaboration Hub, which covers up to a hundred people.

I just did a classic Google search. "What's out there in the market?" I looked at three or four, maybe five tools in the classic, "Have a quick look, see what it says." If there's a free version, let's download it, play with it. If within half an hour I'm not going anywhere, bin it. Next.

I think that I did that with Nintext Workflow and just compared it to Signavio. Within half an hour I could use it. It's a powerful editor that very simply allows you to capture stuff if you know BPMN, the business process model notation. I knew a bit about it. It's very easy to follow and it's easy to implement in the tool.

What other advice do I have?

When I ran a business with three hundred and fifty people in it, we had a horrible, static, slightly-linked HTML site that was our process model. Nobody used it. With the Collaboration Hub, the ability for people to give feedback and comment is a powerful tool. A process is only as good as how much it's used, and Signavio gives you the ability to do that.

This is a very accessible and very quick-to-learn tool. In this day and age, anything that's quick to learn is far more likely to be of use than things that are difficult to learn.

SarahBullen
Head of Business Analysis Design and Engineering at BBC
Real-time collaboration improves efficiency and reduces problems

• "I like the collaboration and the real-time aspects of it."
  • "There could be something more on the reporting side of it for the processes you have captured or processes that might be work in progress to see where to target your effort because you don't always have lots of resources to spare"

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for capturing our workflows and processes in all areas of the business, whether that's HR or content production or finance. It's about discovering some of those workarounds and unblocking our workflows.

How has it helped my organization?

With respect to how easy Signavio is to use, that's an interesting one because different roles may look at processes in different ways and to some, the word-defined process is a complete turnoff. From the business analyst perspective, it is really easy to use. They're used to using Visio and modeling tools anyway. When it comes to the collaboration hub use, that took a bit of explaining to start. But again, it's a case of a picture paints a thousand words. Even a process diagram, as you're leading your collaborators through it, it's easier to understand.

To explain one way that this solution has improved our organization, I will use an onboarding process as an example. We were seeing the onboarding processes coming through a number of pieces of work and there were problems in the workflow because the issues were being addressed in individual functions, with HR or particular departmental areas rather than looking at it holistically. The fact that we can model the process end to end from the moment a new person is required for a role right through to that person being in their seat and working at their desk and engage with all the different subject matter experts in the different functional areas, really helped.

Using Signavio supports and enables our business transformation. From a business analysis perspective, we're always looking at the "as is" and the "to be" models. Having all of those workflows and processes documented to understand what we're doing now really helps with moving forward in a positive way.

What is most valuable?

I like the collaboration and the real-time aspects of it. The way that we captured processes previously started with the drawing of an image using Microsoft Visio. We might have had to have two, three, or four workshops to get to an end process that was usable. Now with Signavio, it's real-time. We might have one workshop to start off and capture the main tasks around a workflow, but then we can comment and update that real-time online and collaborate online. It's really helpful, especially as a team spread across the UK.

What needs improvement?

The user interface for the collaboration hub is antiquated and should be improved. It feels sort of 90s and I think there is more that can be done with it.

I would like to see more support for targeting efforts in terms of resources. One of the things we've done for ourselves is added an attribute to indicate where the process is from. This means that we can do a bit of a heat map of where we've got processes modeled and where we haven't. This gives us the ability to target particular areas of the business. There could be something more on the reporting side of it for the processes you have captured or processes that might be work in progress to see where to target your effort because you don't always have lots of resources to spare. So it's more around targeted efforts.

We've had Signavio in the business for about eighteen months. We started with a very small team of business analysts using it and then spread that across the BAs embedded in all of the digital products, as well as our studio's BAs. After this, with the Collaboration Hub, we've got all our people who work in the project and program delivery, as well as product delivery, all working together and collaborating.

Stability-wise, it's been fine. We've had a couple of minutes of downtime and when we've rung the Signavio help team, they've been fine and worked with us and it's been back online. There is nothing where I'd say it had an impact on what we were doing.

We started with twelve to fifteen users to begin with and now we're at seventy-eight. We're not in the hundreds or thousands but given the people that do the actual modeling versus the people we collaborate with, we collaborate with a lot more, so we have seventy-eight process modelers in the organization, but then we have two hundred collaborators.

Signavio support helped us with our initial setup and a couple of times when we had issues with downtime. They have always been helpful.

The initial setup was straightforward. We had a few information security issues to work through, which was due to the BBCs level of security and what we require. We've gone through all of that process. Again Signavio was on board and made sure that if we had any questions they'd answer those for us. We had their engineers on any calls with our InfoSec team as well. All of that worked through fine.

There has been time saved, definitely. Getting the monetary value requires additional effort in your process capture because, without the measures on that, process capture is very hard to get to the monetary value of return on investments.

Time is very easy to prove because I can see that from the number of people that would have been in workshops to capture those processes initially and how many times we would have been around that same scenario to do that. However, to get to specific use cases, you need to have the measures around those processes captured at the same time, so that's another degree of capture that you wouldn't have necessarily done in the original process capture, but it's fine. It's doable and then you can get to the monetary value, but we have not done that.

Right at the very beginning, we looked at five different products with Signavio being one of them. We had a list of requirements of what we wanted from our process repository. We went through all five products, had demonstrations of them, did a compatibility and feature matrix against all of our requirements and three came out of that process. Post further demos we had done, Signavio was the choice in the end because it met our business needs.

What other advice do I have?

We do not yet use the process mining and process intelligence functionality, but it is on the roadmap and we plan to do a proof of value this year.

This is a good solution but there needs to be work done on the Collaboration Hub user interface. Also, there is always room for improvement.

StephanMuller
Owner at BPM Stephan Muller
User-friendly, easy to learn and use, and the workflow generator is helpful

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the portal for spreading it over the organization, the usability, and the workflow generator in the background."
  • "It is sometimes difficult to find the match between what is possible and what is wanted, or what is helpful with the product, so better documentation may assist in this regard."

What is our primary use case?

I am a one-person company and I use this product for training. I also resell this solution to my customers. It is a good tool to show the different functions that BPM is used for, and whereas some products have a special focus, the broadness in the usability of this solution is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

The ease of use is one of the most important points when it comes to Signavio Process Manager. The idea is to have BPM for everybody, but not everyone is ready to do the preparation that is required before starting off. With this solution, I have seen that during training sessions, people don't need very much instruction to learn to model or to understand the main features.

I would say that this solution has affected the way I approach business transformation. I have been working with process management for more than fifteen years and I have always looked for a product like this. I was in a company environment where all kinds of products were there, and only once I left the big international environment I saw the market for BPM products. Over the years, a lot has changed in terms of acceptance. The big players are using this kind of tool for adding value to their already existing ERP environment.

What is most valuable?

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

On the website, it is not clear how it is that I can upgrade to the Velocity Edition.

From my experience, I think that stability is within the level that is accepted by the users. When an error occurs, the users are sometimes unaware as to whether it is a system error or something that the user had done themselves. Some experience is needed. People are also aware that they can access the Signavio help desk to look for answers, although I find that for day to day work, people tend to not contact service with questions.

I think that technical support is fine.

What other advice do I have?

This is a leading-edge product, and it is my first choice of BPM.

At the moment, I am not using the process intelligence very much, but I think that it depends on the size of the customers.

This solution pushes the entire BPM industry toward being more user-friendly. It is a brand that opens up the market.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MV
Head of Global Operation Excellence at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use with good collaboration features and proactive support

• "The Signavio tool is very easy to use and it is one of the reasons why I like it."
  • "I find it difficult to figure out how I can better align this solution with my KPIs."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this Signavio is mapping processes. I map the main calls and main processes in the company. One of my tasks is to eliminate waste within business processes.

How has it helped my organization?

The Signavio tool is very easy to use and it is one of the reasons why I like it. It is also one of the reasons that we have adopted it. It's easy for other people to learn in perhaps one or two hours.

Especially in a company like ours, the product development process is very complicated. It's very complex, and Signavio helps us to make the product development process clearer, faster, and better.

This solution has helped us carry out the entire process-improvement lifecycle in a unified hub by using the Collaboration Hub. We share all of the processing mappings with other colleagues in the company.

I would say that in seventy to eighty percent of the cases, this tool gives people what they need. There is always ten or twenty percent of the things in each tool that can be made better in the future. For us, this solution makes it faster for us to develop and document processes, and then bring them into the whole company using the Collaboration Hub.

The collaborative features have certainly helped to create a process-centric mindset in our organization, but at the moment, I cannot provide a specific example.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the short version of the mapping because it is easy to do.

What needs improvement?

I find it difficult to figure out how I can better align this solution with my KPIs. I would like to combine the most important KPIs in our processes together with the main Signavio tools.

We have been using this solution for four or five months.

Based on my experience over the past four to six months, I would rate the stability a nine out of ten.

This is a scalable solution.

We currently have five people using Signavio Process Manager and the number of users is increasing each month. Other areas of the organization are coming in, as well.

I have no experience with technical support. However, in the past four or five months, I have received calls from support two or three times. It is the support people asking me if there are any problems. I find that this proactive support is great for me, and I am happy that it works in this way. I ask them something, I give them some information, and I get an answer as soon as possible. It works for me.

We did not use another solution prior to this one. We did not document processes in a professional way. Our interest was in finding a tool to not only document the processes, but everything around the decision process. I think that it is sometimes more important than the process itself.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complex.

It is too early to see ROI, but for some processes, I am able to see how much and what kind of waste there is. It is my job to eliminate waste, and although I cannot say how much money will be saved or earned, it will help with my job.

We started documenting processes by using external consultants and they told me about Signavio. They had compared different systems and they gave us the information. We looked at other possibilities and there were not many. Ultimately, the Signavio tool gave us good performance over the two or three different tools that we compared.

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet begun to use process mining in our company. I think that it is the second or third step, rather than the first.

We do not yet use the Process Intelligence function.

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to look for ease of use. The most important thing is to make it easy for people to model processes, as well as consume them.

I have only been using this solution for less than six months, but at this point, I am able to find most of the things that I need.

Tiger Pillay
Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly and has an easy implementation process

• "A complete business project management suite which seems to open endless possibility."
  • "It is difficult to quickly digest the vast power of the suite and make use of those capabilities fully."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for our single-source business process.

At this point in time, we've onboarded about 400 people who are actively capturing processes and adding critical attributes. We have a lot of additional people (very hard to put an exact number on that) who have viewed the models.

In terms of deployment and maintenance, there is a team of five people plus a specialist testing these sources. At the moment we are using it across some of our value chains and we will eventually cover the entire organization. I expect that to happen in the next 18 to 24 months.

How has it helped my organization?

The Australian banking landscape has just been through a revision (royal commission). It's a government led commission looking into banking practices and there were quite a few findings that came out of that. We are using the process repository to lock down and address process weaknesses. We've actually launched a multi-million dollar transformation program to control our environment. Signavio helps to accomplish this which is imperative to government compliance for us.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable for us is the governance of a workflow by embedding process accountability. It has always been a challenge to define who owns what and under what circumstances you can change processes.

What needs improvement?

As we have only used the product for six months, it's too soon to tell what we'd like to see added in the future besides getting the solution fully deployed. At this point, we haven't fully explored the full functionality but it's got things like process manning capability and intelligence capability which we haven't even tapped into yet.

The organization has been using this solution for about six months.

We've had no issues in terms of down times or anything since implementation. I suppose the lack of downtime depends on our AWS server. That's all based in Australia.

As far as scalability, I think it's a bit early for me to tell because we've just started using it. We've had no issues to date but I think as we get more involved with implementing our models, it may become a bit more of an issue. But I really don't know.

Technical support has been pretty good. The primary support is based in Germany, but they are developing the local capability pretty quickly. A lot of support is currently local. Anything that required assistance from the German office hasn't really made much difference in service time.

We're still in hyper-care mode so support is constantly available. There have been no real issues. Migrating some models from the legacy system — that was seven years out of date —wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. It required a bit of scripting. However, that's a one-time exercise.

After we actually completed the configuration, we never had to go back to the vendor for anything. From the support perspective, everything was done. When we did have to communicate with them, it was related specifically to the old legacy system. The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

We had the ARIS solution before Signavio. The primary difference between the two is that ARIS provided an architectural academic view where Signavio is very user-friendly. Signavio got more people in the business excited about using the tool rather than just focusing on the project and involving the process professionals. We consciously targeted a user group that was organization-wide and we based our decision of tool selection on that.

The initial setup was very simple. It took us less than three weeks from signing the contract to having the first users online. We put people through training and we are onboarding users and our core value change progressively. We're only just getting to the actual the rollout at six months after completing testing.

We are working fairly closely with the vendor for integration. Right now we are only beginning to explore the capabilities for enhancing customer experience, mapping customer journey, and the mapping functionality.

In terms of just implementing it, it's very simple. My team has scaled up very quickly. We are to the point of being able to develop internal user training that I think is quite effective.

We used a vendor for the implementation. They were good and we are more than happy. The vendor spent a few weeks with us training my admin team. It hasn't been complicated at all.

As far as return on investment we've saved cost simply on the licensing. The ability to implement our future plans, which may have been hindered with other solutions, gives us a competitive advantage. In actual dollar amounts, that is impossible to value and much of the realization of the return will come in the future.

Signavio actually worked out a fair bit less expensive for us than some of the competitors. We negotiated an enterprise license for up to 30,000 users for certain components and a per-user license for other components based on our need for those. The company was very flexible in price negotiations in terms of the overall solution. We are paying in the region about eight hundred thousand dollars a year for an enterprise license.

There's nothing in addition to that unless we want additional capacity or features.

We brought in an analyst to select tools for us to have a look at. We looked at ARIS, IBM Blueworks, and Signavio. We decided to experiment with Signavio and ARIS. Then we got business leaders to come in, have a look at the two and come up with recommendations. By those recommendations, we settled on Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

I'd give Signavio a nine out of ten at this point. I'm very happy in terms of it performing as we designed. If there are any issues, it's because we don't fully understand the functionality and the capability yet. I think the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is that I've not had a chance to explore capability and functionality fully.

Ibraam
Regional Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Helps us determine where the bottlenecks are in project delivery, but the UI needs work

• "It could use a better user interface, one that is more efficient."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is that we, as a professional services company, are trying to enhance the project delivery cycle.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio has helped us reduce the time involved in the project delivery cycle. It helps determine exactly where the bottleneck is for each cycle and how each cycle affects the other.

Because we are a professional service organization, the main resource in our organization is our human resources. We are a client-based company. Saving time and resources helps us to deliver. We are in the process of enhancing the delivery cycle but we were facing a lot of problems because we used manual processes. After using Signavio I was able to determine where the bottleneck is, where the problem is, so moving forward I will be able to inject more resources at this bottleneck and distribute the work to other resources. It makes the process more efficient.

What is most valuable?

It's the integration that is the most valuable feature, so I can know exactly where the bottleneck is in my overall operations. It also enables me to benchmark the cycle to help me determine where the bottleneck is.

What needs improvement?

It could use a better user interface, one that is more efficient.

Less than one year.

It is very stable.

It looks scalable but I have not reached the point where I can say if it is scalable or not. But I have been impressed while using the software.

I'm a software consultant and my company asked me to develop a cycle for the project management area. I use to use Visio, Excel, and Powerpoint - manual, basic tools. When I found that the basic tools did not cover my needs I decided to search for other tools that would help me to automate this process. I found Signavio, I registered for a free trial, and I started using the software.

This is a good way to start using the software. They gave me a free trial for one month then I asked them to give me an offer. Now we are in the process of moving forward with them. I found it easy, it helped me to define the business processes and meets my management's expectations. While I am not an expert at developing a business process cycle, when I started using the tool, it helped me convert what is fixed in my mind into a visual process.

Support is the main area I am looking for when selecting a vendor.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

ARIS was the only competitor.  I installed Signavio because there was a huge difference in the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a seven out of 10. I haven't had enough time to really give it a full evaluation, but for now, I am giving it a seven because the user interface is a big issue for me. The user interface is what brings my rating down. If the user interface was more functional or more powerful, I could give the solution an eight or nine out of 10.

From my point of view, there is no best product, but there is the software that works for me, for my needs.

Download our free SAP Signavio Process Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.