SAP Signavio Process Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Signavio Process Manager is the #2 ranked solution in our list of Business Process Design tools. It is most often compared to Celonis: SAP Signavio Process Manager vs Celonis

What is SAP Signavio Process Manager?

The Signavio portfolio of web-based business transformation solutions helps companies to understand and optimize all of their business processes quickly and at scale, providing instant insights for informed decision-making. Signavio’s intuitive analysis, change management and execution solutions around process excellence include use cases like digital transformation, operational excellence and customer-centricity, placing them at the heart of global organizations.

Over 1 million users in more than 1,500 organizations worldwide rely on Signavio products to make processes part of their company’s DNA. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Signavio was founded in 2009 to address the need for a collaborative approach to process management.

Signavio was acquired by SAP in the first quarter of 2021. For more information, visit www.signavio.com

SAP Signavio Process Manager is also known as Signavio Process Editor.

SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

SAP Signavio Process Manager Customers

DHL, Coca Cola EP, Prudential, Zalando, T-Systems, Jabil, Endress+Hauser, Rakuten

SAP Signavio Process Manager Video

Archived SAP Signavio Process Manager Reviews (more than two years old)

Tiger Pillay
Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly and has an easy implementation process

• "A complete business project management suite which seems to open endless possibility."
  • "It is difficult to quickly digest the vast power of the suite and make use of those capabilities fully."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for our single-source business process.

At this point in time, we've onboarded about 400 people who are actively capturing processes and adding critical attributes. We have a lot of additional people (very hard to put an exact number on that) who have viewed the models.

In terms of deployment and maintenance, there is a team of five people plus a specialist testing these sources. At the moment we are using it across some of our value chains and we will eventually cover the entire organization. I expect that to happen in the next 18 to 24 months.

How has it helped my organization?

The Australian banking landscape has just been through a revision (royal commission). It's a government led commission looking into banking practices and there were quite a few findings that came out of that. We are using the process repository to lock down and address process weaknesses. We've actually launched a multi-million dollar transformation program to control our environment. Signavio helps to accomplish this which is imperative to government compliance for us.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable for us is the governance of a workflow by embedding process accountability. It has always been a challenge to define who owns what and under what circumstances you can change processes.

What needs improvement?

As we have only used the product for six months, it's too soon to tell what we'd like to see added in the future besides getting the solution fully deployed. At this point, we haven't fully explored the full functionality but it's got things like process manning capability and intelligence capability which we haven't even tapped into yet.

The organization has been using this solution for about six months.

We've had no issues in terms of down times or anything since implementation. I suppose the lack of downtime depends on our AWS server. That's all based in Australia.

As far as scalability, I think it's a bit early for me to tell because we've just started using it. We've had no issues to date but I think as we get more involved with implementing our models, it may become a bit more of an issue. But I really don't know.

Technical support has been pretty good. The primary support is based in Germany, but they are developing the local capability pretty quickly. A lot of support is currently local. Anything that required assistance from the German office hasn't really made much difference in service time.

We're still in hyper-care mode so support is constantly available. There have been no real issues. Migrating some models from the legacy system — that was seven years out of date —wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. It required a bit of scripting. However, that's a one-time exercise.

After we actually completed the configuration, we never had to go back to the vendor for anything. From the support perspective, everything was done. When we did have to communicate with them, it was related specifically to the old legacy system. The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

We had the ARIS solution before Signavio. The primary difference between the two is that ARIS provided an architectural academic view where Signavio is very user-friendly. Signavio got more people in the business excited about using the tool rather than just focusing on the project and involving the process professionals. We consciously targeted a user group that was organization-wide and we based our decision of tool selection on that.

The initial setup was very simple. It took us less than three weeks from signing the contract to having the first users online. We put people through training and we are onboarding users and our core value change progressively. We're only just getting to the actual the rollout at six months after completing testing.

We are working fairly closely with the vendor for integration. Right now we are only beginning to explore the capabilities for enhancing customer experience, mapping customer journey, and the mapping functionality.

In terms of just implementing it, it's very simple. My team has scaled up very quickly. We are to the point of being able to develop internal user training that I think is quite effective.

We used a vendor for the implementation. They were good and we are more than happy. The vendor spent a few weeks with us training my admin team. It hasn't been complicated at all.

As far as return on investment we've saved cost simply on the licensing. The ability to implement our future plans, which may have been hindered with other solutions, gives us a competitive advantage. In actual dollar amounts, that is impossible to value and much of the realization of the return will come in the future.

Signavio actually worked out a fair bit less expensive for us than some of the competitors. We negotiated an enterprise license for up to 30,000 users for certain components and a per-user license for other components based on our need for those. The company was very flexible in price negotiations in terms of the overall solution. We are paying in the region about eight hundred thousand dollars a year for an enterprise license.

There's nothing in addition to that unless we want additional capacity or features.

We brought in an analyst to select tools for us to have a look at. We looked at ARIS, IBM Blueworks, and Signavio. We decided to experiment with Signavio and ARIS. Then we got business leaders to come in, have a look at the two and come up with recommendations. By those recommendations, we settled on Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

I'd give Signavio a nine out of ten at this point. I'm very happy in terms of it performing as we designed. If there are any issues, it's because we don't fully understand the functionality and the capability yet. I think the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is that I've not had a chance to explore capability and functionality fully.

Ibraam
Regional Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Helps us determine where the bottlenecks are in project delivery, but the UI needs work

• "It could use a better user interface, one that is more efficient."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is that we, as a professional services company, are trying to enhance the project delivery cycle.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio has helped us reduce the time involved in the project delivery cycle. It helps determine exactly where the bottleneck is for each cycle and how each cycle affects the other.

Because we are a professional service organization, the main resource in our organization is our human resources. We are a client-based company. Saving time and resources helps us to deliver. We are in the process of enhancing the delivery cycle but we were facing a lot of problems because we used manual processes. After using Signavio I was able to determine where the bottleneck is, where the problem is, so moving forward I will be able to inject more resources at this bottleneck and distribute the work to other resources. It makes the process more efficient.

What is most valuable?

It's the integration that is the most valuable feature, so I can know exactly where the bottleneck is in my overall operations. It also enables me to benchmark the cycle to help me determine where the bottleneck is.

What needs improvement?

It could use a better user interface, one that is more efficient.

Less than one year.

It is very stable.

It looks scalable but I have not reached the point where I can say if it is scalable or not. But I have been impressed while using the software.

I'm a software consultant and my company asked me to develop a cycle for the project management area. I use to use Visio, Excel, and Powerpoint - manual, basic tools. When I found that the basic tools did not cover my needs I decided to search for other tools that would help me to automate this process. I found Signavio, I registered for a free trial, and I started using the software.

This is a good way to start using the software. They gave me a free trial for one month then I asked them to give me an offer. Now we are in the process of moving forward with them. I found it easy, it helped me to define the business processes and meets my management's expectations. While I am not an expert at developing a business process cycle, when I started using the tool, it helped me convert what is fixed in my mind into a visual process.

Support is the main area I am looking for when selecting a vendor.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

ARIS was the only competitor.  I installed Signavio because there was a huge difference in the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a seven out of 10. I haven't had enough time to really give it a full evaluation, but for now, I am giving it a seven because the user interface is a big issue for me. The user interface is what brings my rating down. If the user interface was more functional or more powerful, I could give the solution an eight or nine out of 10.

From my point of view, there is no best product, but there is the software that works for me, for my needs.