Sauce Labs Overview

Sauce Labs is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Functional Testing Tools. It is most often compared to BrowserStack: Sauce Labs vs BrowserStack

What is Sauce Labs?

Sauce Labs provides the world's largest secure and highly scalable automation cloud for testing desktop, mobile web, native, and hybrid applications. Sauce Labs helps companies accelerate software development cycles, improve application quality, and deploy with confidence across 450+ browser/OS/device/platform combinations.

Sauce Labs Buyer's Guide

Download the Sauce Labs Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Sauce Labs Customers

Salesforce.com, Mozilla, Zendesk, Puppet Labs, Twitter, Bank of America, Eventbrite, Bleacher Report, Okta, Intuit, Travelocity, Sharecare, CapitalOne.

Sauce Labs Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

AA
User at Infosys Technologies Ltd
It allowed us to scale mobile testing across the globe

What is our primary use case?

Mobile application testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes, it allowed us to scale mobile testing across the globe.

What is most valuable?

Cloud availability.

What needs improvement?

More physical devices.

Senior Quality Engineer at Quest Software
Sauce Connect gave us ability to test an application that was hosted locally

What is our primary use case?

Validates our cloud application on multiple browsers. The application is based on Node and is hosted and deployed on the cloud. The application is supported on all major browsers.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs provided the capability to test our application on multiple browsers. It allows us to not have to worry about setup and cleanup every time we want to run the tests.

What is most valuable?

Sauce Connect gave us ability to test an application that was hosted locally. Playback recording of the entire test suite also helped us while debugging failures.

What needs improvement?

Ability to configure the memory and CPU for the test machines  Ability to install profiles on iOS real mobile devices

For how long have I used the

Learn what your peers think about Sauce Labs. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Front-End Web Developer at lbrands
Appium for mobile testing has improved our organization by allowing us to test our website on more devices and browsers than we currently possess

What is our primary use case?

It is a good web and mobile application automated testing platform. I am able to eliminate having to find a human with a specific device or browser and have them test.

• "APPIUM for mobile testing has improved our organization by allowing us to test our website on more devices and browsers than we currently possess."
  • "Progress towards reducing application testing time can be made."
Executive Chef at El Comienzo
They offer a large number of devices and browser/Operating system combinations for real device tests

What is our primary use case?

Sauce Labs was very easy to use for basic needs, but using Sauce Connect was very confusing. I am a technical person, but the documentation needs to be a little more easy to understand for non-programmers. The documentation on this site is more oriented towards the software engineer than to the QA engineer.

• "They offer a large number of devices and browser/operating system combinations for real device tests"
  • "Lacks the ability to start multiple tests simultaneously."
Gerente de oficina at MRW Logística Avanzada
There is a huge amount of open source, community provided resources

What is our primary use case?

We capture bugs before they make it to production. Once the setup is done, the automation tester focuses on automation testing. Without worrying about infrastructure, we let our testers shine, and ultimately, be more effective.

• "There is a huge amount of open source, community provided resources."
  • "Integration with Github, as well as several other similar tools, could be improved."
Testing Advocate & Technical Leader at Mercado Libre
User

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for cross browsing testing of the largest eCommerce site in Latin America.

• "With only a few clicks, it gives us the availability to use any browser and OS combination whenever we want."
  • "An image comparison would be a nice feature to include in the Sauce Labs product."
Software Engineer at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
User

What is our primary use case?

Testing a browser-based application. We have a hotel booking site which is used across a wide variety of platforms. Starting out, we are mainly used for manual checks. However, we are in the process of getting automation.

How has it helped my organization?

Testing across multiple devices and environments is now possible to do quickly and effectively.

What is most valuable?

Being able to test on real devices is a big deal.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes pasting text while using "text object" does not seem to work, and it slows down testing times quite a bit.

Still implementing.

Previously, we only had four test devices, and it usually took…
Software Development Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
User
Provides zero maintenance browser instances

What is our primary use case?

It provides zero maintenance browser instances.

How has it helped my organization?

We have better validations.

What is most valuable?

It has a wide assortment of platforms.

What needs improvement?

It should provide more examples of script code.

More than five years.

We experience very infrequent issues with stability.

No scalability issues.

I would rate support as an eight out of 10.

We implemented it in-house.

Our ROI is good.
Test Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It is easy with the CI integration to have tests going in after a few hours

What is our primary use case?

Using Jenkins to call Selenium tests running from Serenity BDD with Gradle. It is very easy to get tests going in this manner.

• "Maintaining many environments for test is a bear. These guys make it so easy with their CI integration that you can have tests going in after a few hours."
  • "There have been various times throughout the last month or so where the service has gone down during business hours."
MTS at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Helped to integrate our performance testing and UAT

What is our primary use case?

• "It helped to integrate our performance testing and UAT, which helped to deliver a bug free software for our customers."
  • "Easy to integrate with the other platform for tracking purposes."
  • "Testing subscription videos for on-demand software, making them better quality and bug free for our customers."
  • "Sauce Labs needs to be improved in the different platforms for farm testing, like iOS and Android farm testing and farm testing web browsers.​"

What other advice do I have?

I am now an expert in Sauce Labs and can build more test scripts.
Lead Software Test Automation Engineer at a tech vendor
Offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline

What is our primary use case?

As we began architecting a CI/CD pipeline in our SDLC, a need quickly arose for left-shifted, continuous testing of our web applications in real browsers. Specifically, a service that could integrate seamlessly with our Jenkins CI servers and executing tests continuously against our Dockerized applications and firewalled environments. Furthermore, our company does not have the resources to implement and maintain a proprietary Selenium Grid for test distribution. Sauce Labs addresses all of these concerns, and furthermore offers a platform for manually debugging applications in any combination… more »

• "It offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline."
  • "The custom capabilities that can be provided to Sauce Labs VMs during automated testing sessions are a valuable option for experimental or niche testing."
  • "The Jenkins Sauce OnDemand plugin could have more options available to tap into more of the custom capabilities Sauce Labs actually supports."
  • "We have had some issues with the Sauce Connect Proxy on our Jenkins servers failing to start, which makes the optimal CI/CD pipeline come to a halt."
  • "User account management needs an overhauls, allowing for user groups rather than just a hierarchy structure."
Software Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
High confidence in our automated testing, along with auditability

What is our primary use case?

Real time VM access for functional testing and manual usage.

What is most valuable?

Sauce Connect VM access

How has it helped my organization?

Reliable access to VMs with built-in recording and log tools have improved release reliability and confidence.

What needs improvement?

Implementing user requests at a faster rate.

Two years.

No major issues. Just adapting to meet our needs and existing infrastructure.

No problems other than the occasional service disruption.

Scaling options are available for purchase, but scaling by…
Quality Assurance at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The setup was very easy and straightforward

What is most valuable?

Running the automation test in the cloud with different sets of devices for both iOS and Android mobile apps.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation running is very easy and fast now with the help of Sauce Labs.

What needs improvement?

Some of the new features could be improved, for example, the playback on simulators.

Two years.

Customer Service: Their customer service is good. Technical Support: Their technical support is great.

Which solution did I use previously

Team Lead at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Its emulators and simulators are very helpful during automation testing

What is most valuable?

Cross multiple browser testing Emulators and simulators are very helpful during automation testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation test runs are faster now with Sauce Labs.

What needs improvement?

The connectivity needs improvement.

No issues.

Customer Service: Their customer service is good. Technical Support: Their technical support is good.

Software Tester at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Their technical support and customer service are excellent

What is most valuable?

Parallel run Real device testing

How has it helped my organization?

Fast automation.

What needs improvement?

Playback needs improvement.

For two years.

No issues.

Customer Service: Their customer service is excellent. Technical Support: Their technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The implementation…
QA Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Manual testing is much easier with it

What other advice do I have?

Use it, and enjoy testing with Sauce Labs.
Team Lead at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Our ROI is good, and now we have faster testing with a better quality of testing

What is most valuable?

All its features are very good. I like the following the most: CI integration Cross browser testing Multiple test runs at one time Language support

How has it helped my organization?

We now have faster and more furious testing with a better quality of testing.

What needs improvement?

Speed and connectivity need improvement.

I have used this solution for two years.

No issues.

Yes, it disconnects sometimes while the automation is running.

No issues.

Customer Service: Good. Technical…
Quality Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It is very useful, especially in my manual and automation testing

What is most valuable?

Cross platform testing with multiple browsers with iOS, Android, and web. Sauce labs is suitable for both native and hybrid apps.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Sauce Labs testing, it is faster and more accurate. I can run multiple tests on multiple browsers with a different set of devices.

What needs improvement?

Some functionality needs improvement: Playback is not supported for apps. Speed needs some attention.

Two years.

Yes. Sometimes, it is not stable.

Customer…
Software Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is very useful in the field of testing and automation and is very easy to run

What other advice do I have?

It is great tool. Go for it. It is very useful in the field of testing and automation is very easy to run using Sauce Labs.
Health Systems QA Automation Engineer (SDET) at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Enables faster execution of regression tests without having to support the software needed to validate regressions against different devices

• "Running tests in parallel."
  • "Speeds up the time it takes to run end-to-end user interface (UI) tests inside their virtual machines (VMs)."
Test Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
The parallel run is very useful to run on different simulators and emulators

What is most valuable?

I like the parallel run feature the most. It is very useful to run on different simulators and emulators.

How has it helped my organization?

Testing is very fast with this tool. Also, running automation is a very easy task now.

What needs improvement?

The speed needs to increase. Something with real device also need to improve.

Customer Service: Good. Technical Support: Good.

No, we didn't use a different…
Test Engineer at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Cloud-based solution for multi-browser/platform testing with extensive documentation and good customer service

• "It runs on the cloud, so you don't have physical setups to run all of this."
  • "Start execution time as each time a set of tests start, it will launch a new VM so it takes a bit of time."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend - the community and customer service are good. The improvements are continuous with regular updates.
Software Tester at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
It produces good ROI

What is most valuable?

The parallel run is awesome.

How has it helped my organization?

Can run more tests at one time.

What needs improvement?

A little bit more speed needed to improve it.

Two years.

Customer Service: Good. Technical Support: It's the best.

No, I didn't use a different solution.

Which other

User at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Enables multitasking by having an abundance of devices, platforms, and browser which can be used in parallel

• "The abundance of device, platform, and browser combinations/versions that can be used in parallel."
  • "Unable to segregate reports for tests that are currently being developed, and might not be returning useful results."

What other advice do I have?

The APIs that are offered play a huge role in reporting and metrics for us. Figuring out how to utilize them can be of a tremendous value add to any organization making data-driven decisions.
QA Engineer at a tech services company
It has good customer and technical support

What is most valuable?

Test run on simulators and emulators.

How has it helped my organization?

No need to purchase more real devices.

What needs improvement?

Speed.

Three years.

Which

QA Engineer at a financial services firm
It has a great user interface and setup is straightforward

What is most valuable?

Great user interface.

How has it helped my organization?

Works great.

What needs improvement?

Having video recording would be great.

12 months.

Customer Service: Never used. Technical Support: Never used.

Not complex at all.

In-house.

It's awesome. Its multifold increased our test efficiency.

What's my experience with

Our feature design to the delivery timeline is not tied down by our ability to test anymore

• "Testing my app on cloud has really helped us with save time and resources to procure various hardware and software, and set those up."
  • "Better and programmatic controls on request/response recordings and sharing with developers."
QA Engineer at a tech services company
It has provided our organization with faster execution

What is most valuable?

All features are excellent, especially the parallel runs.

How has it helped my organization?

Fast execution.

What needs improvement?

Nothing, all is good.

One year.

Sometimes.

What other advice

User
Provides Faster Access To Browser Versions Without Hardware Or Software Limitations

What is most valuable?

Simulators Parallel testing

How has it helped my organization?

Faster access to different versions of browsers, without needing to worry about hardware or software limitations; 99% uptime.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if they included more user-friendly reports. In addition, I would like to see them continue to introduce more browsers and mobile versions.

One year.

Not so far.

Customer Service: Eight out of 10. Technical Support: Eight out of 10. …
QA Engineer at a tech services company
Testing is now easier and faster

What is most valuable?

All features are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Testing is now easier and faster.

What needs improvement?

Stability needs improvement.

Two years.

Yes, sometimes there were issues with the stability.

No issues with scalability.

Customer Service: An eight out of 10. Technical Support: A nine out of 10.

Our previous solution had less features.

The initial setup was straightforward. …
Team Lead/Manager at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
The data is then presented in an easy to digest form showing how many people had positive and negative experience with Sauce Labs.

What other advice do I have?

Nothing, all good.
Snr Recruiter with 51-200 employees
Allows us to do JIRA Cloud And BambooHR Integration​

• "Allows us to do JIRA Cloud and BambooHR Integration."
  • "I would like to see improved network connectivity and it should allow playback for native apps."
QA Engineer at a tech services company
Valuable features include cross browser testing, mobile web testing, and JS unit testing

What is most valuable?

Cross Browser testing Mobile Web testing JS Unit testing

How has it helped my organization?

It was difficult for us to test our automation cases of real hardware. There is big combination of OS versions and different screen sizes. Sauce Labs has helped us to resolve this issue.

What needs improvement?

Sauce Labs test execution speed should improve.

We have used this solution for one year.

There were no deployment issues.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Lead Automation Engineer at a wellness & fitness company with 51-200 employees
We have been able to move to a two week sprint schedule, which had been bottle-necked by manual QA.

What other advice do I have?

The effort you'll save not maintaining a grid makes Sauce worth it, even without any of its other features
Software Test Engineer at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Reporting, Parallel test execution, Availability of number of real devices and emulators are very valuable.

What other advice do I have?

Nope.
Test Engineer II at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
The multitude of browser and OS versions are helpful for broadening testing scope.

• "I find that the multitude of browser and OS versions are very helpful for broadening testing scope."
  • "We encountered minor issues with stability from time to time but Sauce Labs continues to make improvements."
Sr. Performance Test Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Allows us to off-load our local environments using the SauceCloud.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to easily test multiple browsers and versions, as well as off-loading our local environments using the SauceCloud."
  • "Running tests in the SauceCloud can take longer than running in a local environment."

What other advice do I have?

It's a great tool!
QA Engineer at a retailer with 51-200 employees
Automated mobile testing dashboard is the feature I like best.

What is most valuable?

Automated mobile testing dashboard.

How has it helped my organization?

We can now run daily and on demand automated tests.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the tests can pass or fail inconsistently. The tunnels and jobs timeout before the app loads, or it has to try 3 or 4 times to get a good connection.

4 months.

Not yet :)

Customer Service: I have not used it. Technical Support: I have not used it.

No, I haven't.

How

Technology Development Program Intern at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
I like that it gives me the ability to integrate testing on multiple web browsers into our Jenkins Pipeline.

What is most valuable?

I have found it very valuable that Sauce Labs gives me the ability to integrate testing on multiple web browsers into our Jenkins Pipeline.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made our end to end testing roughly 25 percent faster.

What needs improvement?

I think there could be improvements in the way Sauce Labs provides support to its users and could maybe provide tutorial videos on its services.

About 4 months.

Minor ones but they were on my end.

Our application is relatively small so no

How are customer service and technical

Senior Software Engineer in Test at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
I like being able to test on real devices in the cloud without having to manage the devices locally.

What is most valuable?

Being able to test on real devices through Selenium has been a fantastic tool!

How has it helped my organization?

Previously we were unable to test on real devices.

What needs improvement?

Internet connectivity to real devices has been a challenge.

Several months.

Internet connectivity to real devices has been a challenge.

Implemented myself.

Being able to test on real devices in the cloud without having to manage the devices locally.

What's my experience with

Intern - Technology Development Program at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
The CI integration with Jenkins is why we were able to make a case to include this product in our ATDD process.
Quality Assurance Analyst at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Best for cross browser and simulating different devices

Valuable Features:

Able to test in different OS and browsers

Improvements to My Organization:

It improved our organisation by reducing escaped bugs.

Room for Improvement:

Provide an automation framework suite for basic websites

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for the last year.
Web Producer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Valuable for the multitude of devices and browser/OS combinations they provide for real device testing.
Senior QA Analyst, Test Automation at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Cross browser/OS testing and mobile testing.

Valuable Features:

Cross browser/OS testing and mobile testing.

Improvements to My Organization:

We work on a complex SaaS web application which has lot of regression testing. If we were to run all our tests on different browsers/different OS combinations, we would need lot of new infrastructure and VM's. But with Sauce labs, we were able to use Remote WebDriver and connect to their VM's which have all the combinations we are looking for.

Room for Improvement:

We still see simulators for a few mobiles in their VM's, we want to test on real devices.
Software QA Automation Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Wide variety of platform and browser configurations. Documentation and speed could be improved.

Valuable Features:

Wide variety of platform and browser configurations.

Improvements to My Organization:

Sub-accounts allow multiple teams to test concurrently.

Room for Improvement:

Documentation and speed.
Testing Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
We've tapped into their API, so that our testing suites contain reliable information we can validate across the platform, switching between Sauce results and our own.
QA Engineer at a sports company with 501-1,000 employees
Having the capability to run in parallel against various types of OS's/browsers/mobile-devices is great.
Senior Software Development Test Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Quickly run multiple OS and browser combinations.
DevOps Market Analyst / Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Being a cloud based testing grid is really the key feature.
Software Engineer at a philanthropy with 51-200 employees
Fast, massively parallelizable browsers, user-and-keyboard friendly interface, and nice toolset for making CI/CT happen
Lead Test Automation Engineer at RevContent
The Source for Effective Test Automation
Google Partner at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
It gives us excellent bandwidth channels as well as automatic and manual sessions.

Valuable Features:

There are several pros: 1. Good Trial 2. Install and uninstall apps 3. Excellent bandwitdh channels 4. Automatic and manual sessions

Room for Improvement:

The session duration is too short; it's only about 3 hours long.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We haven't had any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had any issues with scalability.
Quality Assurance Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives us the ability to replay our tests back in video form.

What other advice do I have?

If you have any issues with the product just shoot the support team an email. They always get back to me promptly with the best solution they have available. Also, spend the time to read the documentation. If your company is security conscious, as it should be, look into Sauce Connect which creates a secure tunnel between Sauce Labs and yourself.
Art Director at a marketing services firm
It gives us multiple operating browsers, screenshots and high video quality.

Valuable Features:

Multiple operating browsers, screenshots and high video quality.

Improvements to My Organization:

A cross browser test platform is really important for a web designer, Sauce Lab providing a really fast, functional and with good quality service.

Room for Improvement:

It's a little bit slow sometimes.

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deploying it.

It's been stable.

Scaled for our needs.
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I can now virtually test the devices I need, plus a lot more devices that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on.

Valuable Features:

The beyond convenience to test websites and applications on any platform necessary.

Improvements to My Organization:

In the past, I would have to find all the devices I could to live test pages. But now, I can virtually test the devices I need, plus a lot more devices that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on.

Room for Improvement:

Just continue to support new versions as they come out. The speed can be a little slow, but other than that it's great.

Use of Solution:

At least five years.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's been stable.

Scalability Issues:

No issues with scalability.
Test Automation Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It allows us to monitor test executions in real-time as well as perform actions on a testable web page.

What other advice do I have?

My general overall impression of Sauce Labs is very positive. I use Sauce Labs and recommend it to every engineer.
Quality Assurance at a educational organization with 51-200 employees
The most important and valuable feature is the ability to select multiple browsers and environments to test and configure how your site runs and works, but the main interface can be slow to load.
IT Software Testing Analyst II at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It's enabled several employees to schedule tests and shift left with CI, but getting accurate pass/fail results when running parallel TestNG scripts is a challenge, though we figured it out.
QA Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has improved my testing efficiency to allow me to include devices I may not have had time to test out before.
Online Websites Advertising at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It helps us make sure that our websites are compatible with the major browsers and are also mobile-compatible.

Valuable Features:

Free and unlimited access to a variety of browsers to test your website in a real envornemt not just simulating behavior. Fast feedback as you can run parallel sessions. Screenshots and video playbacks that can be shared online!

Improvements to My Organization:

As we desgin websites for clients, we needed to make sure that our websites are compatible with the major browsers and are also mobile-compatible.

Room for Improvement:

I only tried the free trial so far, so not a lot to say about the cons.
Prodigious Programmer at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We've been able to reduce the number of applications running on our server, and therefore reduce the processor costs.

What other advice do I have?

Hands down, would recommend.
Consultant with 1,001-5,000 employees
With it, we have a clean, lean, and bug-free site that displays well on mobile, though the cost could be improved.
Senior Search Advertising Executive at a media company with 51-200 employees
We're able to test our online ads on different browsers, though we've only used the trial version so far.

What other advice do I have?

First it started as a Trial account, but now we are considering an full account to use always as our testing tool.
Software Quality Analyst at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
It's reduced stack overflows and I've found the dashboard valuable, but I've only used it during the 14-day trial period.
Software Developer Trainee at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We can fire thousands of events to devices and run all our tests in the cloud, but the 7-days scheme should be removed.

What is most valuable?

The temporary storage they are giving is just awesome. You can run all your tests in the cloud on one powerful platform.

How has it helped my organization?

I was just surfing to know about monkey runner and selenium tools, I encountered this cool tool and boom. Thousands of events can be fired easily to your device. Purchasing it would be worth it.

What needs improvement?

None as of now. Soon I will be purchasing ( if my Director approves :P) then i can honestly tell you. The 7-days scheme should be removed.

2 weeks

No. The configuration of server explained properly.

What do I think about

QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
I get faster results with a wider range of platforms and different browsers, but it should allow a longer trial period with more parallel tests available.

Valuable Features:

I was using my local machine only and in order to get my tests on different platforms/browsers I have tried Sauce Labs. Now I get results 100 times faster with a wider range of platforms and different browser versions used. It supports some popular languages like Java, Ruby, Python The run tests are privately secured in the cloud unless you want it to share with your colleagues. Just great for Selenium tests.

Room for Improvement:

I think it should be a longer trial period with more parallel tests available.

Use of Solution:

Trial for a couple of days
Senior QA Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We save time by running tests in parallel. Now, I integrated Sauce with Travis in the building process.

Valuable Features

Availability - Always ON Scalability - Run all tests in parallel Full Report - With logs, videos, and screenshots Easy connect and start up. Many options and platforms available Faster executions and results Parallel tests Sauce Connects Now, I integrated Sauce with Travis in the building process.

Improvements to My Organization

We have paralleled the tests, drastically reducing testing time.

Room for Improvement

Agility Faster results

Use of Solution

3+ years

They are great! Always friendly and thorough.

Other Solutions Considered

TestingBot
Senior Test Lead at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
It runs and scales in the cloud with multi-platform support, features we found valuable during our 90-hour trial period for R&D purposes.

What other advice do I have?

I recently took a trial account of Sauce Labs for some R&D purposes. Sauce Labs has pretty amazing capabilities of providing huge combinations of OS-platforms and emulators and my objective was achieved. My impression was the the site had all the information which I needed to get started but it was scattered and not easily accessible. Example, I somehow reached the tests dashboard page and I memorized it for subsequent access instances as it was not present in links sections. Maybe I missed it, but then if key information is not placed such that it is easy to find, then others can as well miss…
Software Testing Enigneer (QA) at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It's scalable, fast, and customer support addresses issues even when not directly related to their service or our usage.

Valuable Features

Scalability Fast Customer service Technical support Pricing

Use of Solution

Since around August of 2015

Customer Service: Sauce Labs support has been very helpful, and they are always friendly, even when it's not always a direct problem with their service or our usage of it. Technical Support: For our needs, the customer service and technical support come through the same channel, and we've been very happy with the level and quality of responsive support we receive.
Business Owner at a wellness & fitness company with 51-200 employees
Has enabled me to make changes so that my sites are (almost) universal across the range of devices and versions.

What is most valuable?

Being able to test how my websites render on a very wide range of mobile devices.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a novice web-designer really just producing for my own hypnotherapy business. However, Sauce Labs is incredibly easy to use and has enabled me to make some changes so that the sites are (almost) universal across the range of devices and versions.

A couple of hours

None

Recommendation from the web…
Consultant at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Prior to implementation we had a three month release cycle. Now we do daily releases.

What other advice do I have?

Just go for it.
Software Development Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
The combination of OS platforms, platform versions, browsers and browser versions support on VMs are valuable.
Quality Engineering Intern at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
With the help of Sauce Labs, all I need to do is to configure the settings in my codes and let the tests run.
Software Testing Architect at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Since using Sauce, our team is able to focus on automating more processes, expanding, and new industry standards.
Setting up and maintaining internal VMs was difficult and was wasting hours of developer time. Our full stack regression process involved manual testing that took up to a week to complete. Traffic continued to increase, so the team set out to automate the processes. We knew our testing tool needed to scale with us, work cross-platform and on any OS, be easy to use, and provide detailed post-test reporting to enable us to diagnose failures. When our testing responsibilities expanded to include mobile apps on iOS and Android, we knew Sauce was a natural fit. Sauce Labs’ videos, screenshots, and in-session debugging tools have enabled employees to work together in different cities. It’s a big part of what allows me to work remotely and to continue to easily communicate with my team. We can…
Software Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Helps me scale my automation environments
QA Manager at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Fast, scalable, flexible, reliable in-the-cloud-Selenium

What other advice do I have?

As a disclaimer, I have done a number of Selenium Meetups with Sauce Labs, as well as a few blog posts which have covered our usage of the service, as well as, finally, authored a Featured Customer case study, in which I expound on nearly all the points I've made here: https://saucelabs.com/customers
Chief Arrgonaut at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Selenium without the fuss

What is most valuable?

Turn-key access to any browser/OS combination I need Video recording with permalink to the test job

How has it helped my organization?

I've been able to help numerous companies get up and running with Selenium quickly thanks to Sauce Labs.

4 years

Customer Service: Support is friendly and responsive. Technical Support: Solid.

Local execution and a small number of virtual images. Switched because it became too onerous to support.

For a technical person, it's pretty straightforward. It can be complex given the nature of Selenium and integrating with a third-party platform.…
Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent solution for running functional and unit tests in browsers

Valuable Features:

Video recording / screencasts Very fast response from customer service Mobile Web, and Native Mobile Support Can handle massive amounts of parallel tests Manual testing sessions In-browser unit tests

Improvements to My Organization:

No longer have to manage VMs for testing. No more browser upgrading and dismissing dialogs and windows that stack up.

Use of Solution:

2 years
Sr. QA Automation Engineer with 51-200 employees
Video recording feature is tremendously helpful. It helps me debug and find defects quicker.

What other advice do I have?

I think its excellent and everyone should get it – I recommend it to everyone. No brainer. Nothing else like it out there right now.
Sr. Engineering Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
After moving more tests to Sauce, the team was able to reduce testing time from 30 days to 3 days.
We attempted to host and run an in-house Selenium grid in 2012, but we had several failures and false positives that arose from our unstable Selenium grid versus their code. While some failures were due to normal challenges associated with a grid running hundreds of nodes, others were due in part to low familiarity with Windows, since our company’s primary focus was UNIX and Linux that year. After initially experimenting with Sauce Labs, I automated a handful of tests. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t have to manage Windows boxes, browser versions, and security settings for Windows machines. Because virtually no one on my team had Windows experience at the time either, I knew Sauce would be well received.   In a startup environment, often everyone reinvents the wheel with their favorite…
QA Director at Bridgetree
Sauce labs enables speed to market and supports continuous integration

What is most valuable?

In my previous company, we used Sauce Labs to enable the team to test with various operating systems and browsers without having to own each of them.

How has it helped my organization?

Their product gave us the ability to run multiple teams of testers across the various platforms that would be used by our customers without having to physically have the infrastructure in place. This drive our movement into continuous integration and the ability to test earlier in the cycle.

over a year

No. It was very easy to install and implement from day one.

What do I think about the

DevOps Engineer at a sports company with 51-200 employees
Pros: Easy, Fast, Reliable Selenium & Appium Grid. Cons: Hosted Solution Only