ScaleIO Reviews

rating
Joe Huang
RnD Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Jun 27 2017

What is most valuable?

The ScaleIO UI: EMC has been working with storage for a long time. Therefore, they know how to clearly present any important data, including... more»

How has it helped my organization?

I just worry about capacity; performance is never a problem.

What needs improvement?

If they could introduce a write cache feature, the product would be perfect overall.

Which other solutions did I evaluate??

We previously used vSAN. We switched because ScaleIO is a pioneer in all-flash; therefore, I applied that in our lab.

What other advice do I have??

Maybe they could support more data types. That way, it would be like setting a gateway to convert any data you want (file or object).
Vladimir Gajic
User
Infrastructure Services System Administrator with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 18 2018

What is most valuable?

Automatic rebalancing is the feature saving administration time, and also auto rebuilding. Enterprise storage IOPS limiting is also good.

How has it helped my organization?

The idea was born from pre-sales requests for storage resources. The primary goal was to have a storage solution where you do not have to invest a large amount of money just to start, and have idle resources, yet have a locally supported... more»

What needs improvement?

* Ecosystem around the product: There is no built-in system for viewing history data, such as volume IOPS. We have to provide graphing by Prometheus and Grafana, which would be a good new feature in ScaleIO. * The next good new feature would... more»

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About ScaleIO

Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Red Hat, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Software Defined Storage (SDS).
291,675 professionals have used our research since 2012.

ScaleIO Questions

ScaleIO Projects By Members

ScaleIO Consultants

What is ScaleIO?

ScaleIO is purposely designed to be an enterprise-grade scale-out software-defined storage solution. It applies the principles of server virtualization to standard x86 server flash and hybrid media, turning them into high performance, sharable, pools of storage. Whether your block storage needs are for traditional, modern or cloud workloads, ScaleIO has you covered.

Also known as
EMC ScaleIO
ScaleIO customers

Check Point Software Technologies, Blue Central, Deltares, Sentinel Technologies, The Binding Site Group, Swisscom, Itrica

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Software Defined Storage (SDS) solution is right for you?

Download our free Software Defined Storage (SDS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Red Hat, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!