DD
Information Technology Helpdesk Support at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Good technical support and works well for incident management, but the ITSM features need improvement

• "The most valuable feature is the reporting of incidents."
  • "We would like to see a web-based interface that works on mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

I use SCSM for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting of incidents.

What needs improvement?

The ITSM features have to be improved.

We would like to see a web-based interface that works on mobile devices.

We have been using this solution for about one year.

We haven't had any problems with respect to stability. We haven't experienced any bugs or other issues.

We have been in touch with technical support and I think that they are good.

I did not install this software on the server, but my understanding is that it was straightforward. On the Help Desk side, the setup is not complex.

It took us less than one month to deploy.

We are currently evaluating other solutions such as ServiceNow and BMC Helix ITSM. Our intention is to replace this solution with a better one.

What other advice do I have?

This is not a product that I recommend. My suggestion for anybody who is looking for this type of solution is to evaluate ServiceNow and BMC Helix ITSM.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

OO
Information System Auditor (IT Audit) at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Responsive technical support, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

I am part of an auditing team in a bank in Nigeria and we use SCSM for service management when it comes to unknown errors and knowledge problems. We use it in our service technology management system because we are ISO 20000 certified. For most of our service technology issues, such as internal customer requests and solving incidences we escalate them to the second level and log them into the necessary departments.

What needs improvement?

I have found SCSM not adequate enough to carry out some functions.

I have been using SCSM for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

I have found SCSM not adequate enough to carry out some functions.

I have been using SCSM for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The support from Microsoft is good and we also have local support on the ground in Nigeria.

The installation was straightforward.

Our internal IT department is in charge of implementing and maintenance of this solution.

The price of the solution could be better. My organization has an enterprise annual license with Microsoft which provides us support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SCSM an eight out of ten.

Download our free SCSM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.