SECDO Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SECDO Platform is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Security Incident Response tools. It is most often compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: SECDO Platform vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR

What is SECDO Platform?

SECDO enables security teams to identify and remediate incidents fast. Using thread-level endpoint monitoring and causality analytics, SECDO provides visibility into every endpoint along with the context necessary for understanding whether a suspicious activity is a genuine threat. Unique deception techniques force threats like ransomware out into the open early, and trigger automated containment and remediation.

SECDO provides the most intuitive investigation experience available so you can quickly unravel complex incidents across the organization.  You can investigate incidents detected by SECDO as well as alerts from the SIEM. SECDO visualizes the attack chain so you immediately understand the “who, what, where, when and how” behind the incident. Then, based on an analysis of exactly how endpoints were compromised, SECDO surgically remediates the incident with minimum user impact.

Download the Security Incident Response Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

SECDO Platform Customers

Valley National Bank, IDT Corporation

SECDO Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SECDO Platform pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is the highest in the market, although there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees."

SECDO Platform Reviews

TP
Founder/ CEO
Great documentation, good technical support, and very in-depth

• "Technical support is great. Palo Alto is extremely helpful and responsive."
  • "Many will try to use this as an out-of-the-box solution, however, it needs to be configured to fit what a company would like to do with it."

What is our primary use case?

A lot of people are using the solution to meet the compliance side of things, as opposed to using the genuine solution. A lot of people are saying, "Hey, this has a lot of brand behind it and has a lot of documentation." That, and you can hire someone out of the box to work with it, as opposed to say CrowdStrike which just purchased an XDR not long ago. In the case of that product, it's going to be a struggle for people to find someone who knows that XDR really well out of the box without training. I'd say a lot of clients are primarily looking for a product from the ease of use side.

What is most valuable?

The brand behind the product is quite useful. The solutions that are coming out, granted out of the box, typically work a lot better than SIEM tools.

The solution is pretty in-depth. There's a lot you can do with it.

Technical support is great. Palo Alto is extremely helpful and responsive.

The product is a good solution for enterprise clients.

There's a lot of training documentation provided by Palo Alto.

What needs improvement?

Users must avoid buying it just for the brand name. they need to make sure it will do what they need it to do. Buying the brand does not fix your problems and does not cover all bases. The solutions themselves need to be properly architected. This isn't a solution that works for every company in every case.

We've been in business for three years and may have used the solution for about that long.

In terms of stability, I haven't had any issues with them and I haven't heard anyone say anything about them having issues. So far it's been stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

I haven't run into any problems with scaling the product and I have not heard clients complain either. Scaling is possible, even though, I have to say, I personally have not scaled it a lot.

Technical support is great. A lot of the time, from what I know, people just don't use that support, which is too bad, as Palo Alto support is great. There's also good documentation and good security surrounding it as well. Everything is transparent and information is available.

The initial setup can be complex. I would advise users to leverage all of the access with Palo Alto, in terms of setting up with the technical account management teams. They need to ensure that what they have in mind for the product is actually going to be what happens.

I have not run into any problems with deploying the product. Any of their security products are well-documented, either with open source intelligence or the documentation from Palo Alto.

We had a client with less than a thousand users that received a dedicated engineer and a technical account manager that was able to walk them through the first 90 days of ownership. The support is certainly there.

I do not deal directly with the pricing information. From what I've heard, smaller companies are able to purchase the product without blowing their budget. In comparison, with solutions such as Splunk or even Azure Sentinel, smaller companies are not able to leverage those tools properly due to costs. Companies with less than a thousand employees are able to purchase the products and use them effectively. I don't see cost being a huge problem.

What other advice do I have?

Palo Alto solutions to me are better left to an MSSP, as opposed to in-house, just because of the way they're developed.

We tend to use the latest version of the solution. 99% of the time we won't interact with clients that don't keep their systems up-to-date. If you're not updating, then there's no point in even calling in a consultant as that's your number one problem.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're pretty happy with its capabilities.

EK
Technical Services Consultant at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mature threat detection, easy to manage with a good dashboard, and the educational portal is helpful

• "The ease of deployment is a valuable feature."
  • "The price should be reduced in order to be more competitive in the market."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have implemented the SECDO platform as a project for one of our customers.

What is most valuable?

This is a mature product in terms of threat detection.

The ease of deployment is a valuable feature.

The cloud-based management and the dashboard are really good. You can easily see the status in terms of malware detection and analysis.

Having access to the educational portal makes it easy to operate.

What needs improvement?

The price should be reduced in order to be more competitive in the market.

We have not had any problems with stability.

Scalability has not been an issue for us.

Palo Alto has an educational portal so if there is anything that you don't know or need help with, you can use it to get help with implementing a project.

I have experience with similar solutions by other vendors such as Cisco and Fortinet. The price of this solution is higher than the competitors.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I really like Palo Alto products and always propose them for my customers. As far as I'm concerned, life is good with Palo Alto. My only complaint is about the pricing.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.