SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Overview
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Business-to-Business Middleware tools. It is most often compared to IBM B2B Integrator: SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite vs IBM B2B Integrator
What is SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite?
With SEEBURGER’s experienced team behind you, and SEEBURGER BIS as the foundation of your hybrid integration strategy, you’re prepared for whatever comes your way – even as your business gains complexity and integration requirements increase.
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) is a unified, agile, secure and scalable platform that solves integration challenges across your business and ecosystem, so that you can make valuable connections between clouds, applications and people.
Our platform provides integration across all scenarios, including B2B/EDI, MFT, API and ERP on-premises, in the cloud and hybrid, in addition to expert support that is unmatched in the industry for your simplest to your most complex integrations.
Your APIs are likely multiplying quickly, and if you’re looking for a solution to manage, secure and scale them properly, you get all of the benefits and less of the hassle with our API Management toolkit.
Bring us your toughest B2B/EDI challenges. We help with difficult onboarding and partner connections, and will save you time and effort to complete complex projects. We make B2B easy with pre-packaged, re-usable content and automation capability, so your team can make the connection, and move on to the next mission.
Simplify your workload with our iPaaS solution. SEEBURGER iPaaS enables your team to save man-hours connecting data, applications and systems, by letting us handle all the time-consuming platform operations. We cover maintenance, updates, security, scalability and more.
Did you know that without managed file transfer (MFT), your company is at greater risk for a data breach? It’s as simple, and as dangerous, as that. The security and control you get with our centralized, easy-to-use solution ensures less risk for the company, and more sleep at night for you.
Our customers say it best! Check out our reviews you’ll see that SEEBURGER’s rock-solid, built-from-the-ground-up platform, is combined with an expert team, and stellar service. We power your connections, future-proof your vision and give you a competitive edge.
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite is also known as SEEBURGER BIS.
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Buyer's Guide
Download the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Customers
Altis, Autoliv, Cebi, Cofresco, MoneyGram International, Samsonite Europe, VSP Global, BMW Group, OSRAM, Magna, Lavazza
SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Video
Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Application Manager - EDI at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 29, 2019
Enables any-to-any transformation from one data format to another
What is our primary use case?We're primarily using it for communication and translation of our traditional EDI documents. We're an automotive supplier so a big part of our business is automotive related, but we're also using it for synchronous APIs or web services with some of our customers or trading partners. Of course, not everything we're doing is EDI. We're doing a lot of distribution of unstructured files, even in our company, transactions between systems. With the mapper, we're doing data transformation as well, to integrate back to our back-end ERP system. We're also using the Message Tracking component, which… more »
Pros and Cons
- "One of the things that SEEBURGER always touts is their ability to do "any to any" formatting... it doesn't matter if you want to take a CSV file or an XML file or a flat file or a PDF file or a structure EDI file; you can transform it from one format to another - any to any or even to the same format - which is a really nice feature."
- "In our landscape, we have a lot of AS/400s or iSeries and SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) has a file service listener that allows data to seamlessly be transferred between the SEEBURGER solution and the AS/400."
- "The BIS Front End needs a little bit of refreshing, especially when it comes to setting up new trading partners and trading partner agreements or transactions. It can be a bit clumsy to copy and rename and then go in and modify."
- "On the server side, there are a lot of administration and configuration files that you need to go in and do maintenance on. You have to find them in a certain folder so it's very error-prone and it can be a little time consuming unless it's documented. They could pull some of those individual configuration files into the product itself where there's a better user interface for that."
What other advice do I have?If you are looking to implement SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS), talk to other companies that are already using it, some that are in the same industry. That would help you feel more comfortable with what it is you're getting into, and maybe open your eyes to some of the technical capabilities that the solution has that you really hadn't even thought about yet or which weren't presented to you in the sales pitch. I would also advise doing a lot of planning, because some of the initial setup, design, and planning you do at the onset is hard to change down the road. Take some extra…
Partner For Experience & E-Business at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Jan 20, 2019
EDI translator enables us to move responsibility away from IT and let business handle things
What is our primary use case?It is primarily an EDI translator for us. We have over 1,000 trading relationships running through it, totaling a couple of million documents. We don't just have EDI flowing through the platform. We have XML documents from some partners, and other things flowing inbound and outbound. But the bulk of it is EDI. Our deployment is on-premise. We went that way because we knew the cost of doing it the other ways was more expensive. And in general, that is the model that we use.
Pros and Cons
- "Among the most valuable features are the EDI translator and a lot of the components which enable creating compliance sets. Having something standard out-of-the-box and being able to use that has been a huge benefit for us."
- "Another aspect that we employed in the last year-and-a-half has been their CMA platform component, which hooks to the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) front end. We've been able to set up an automatic testing process for our partners."
- "They made improvements to the email error alerts that go out, for the EDI technical. Those typically go straight out to the partners. Those messages are significantly clearer and easy to read. The same messages in the front end are not nearly as clear. It's supposed to be the same error, but the message that goes out for EDI is really easy for anybody to read and understand, but you have to be really solution-savvy to understand the message in the system itself."
- "Some of the functionality for retriggering documents, where you have to step through a termination process and then retrigger it, versus just being able to restart or retrigger more easily, is a bit challenging, depending on the scenario."
What other advice do I have?My advice would be to make sure you have a good, strong change-management group which can assist and help along the way. If you're not coming from something like we did, it can be a struggle getting people to adapt and change. It's not so much the system, it's the people that'll be utilizing it. It also helps if you have a strong SEEBURGER consultant there who makes sure that your IT people fully understand what's expected and where they're going with it. We don't use the Landscape Manager at this time but it is something we're looking at. In terms of the Active-Active feature, that's part of…
Learn what your peers think about SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director, Application Development at a retailer with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 7, 2019
We are able to create and deploy maps to very quickly migrate from another EDI platform
What is our primary use case?We use the solution for EDI and file swaps, but it will be used for all integrations going forward.
Pros and Cons
- "One valuable feature is the scalability. We have not had to add processing power or hardware since we installed it. Also, we are able to create and deploy maps to migrate from another EDI platform very quickly."
- "A true debugger that allows you to step through the process would be a good improvement. Right now, we are limited to reading the log file generated by the test screen in Mapping Designer."
What other advice do I have?Create a matrix of criteria to evaluate all tools fairly. In our company, we have ten to 12 users of the solution and they are very technical development/support people. Deployment and maintenance are shared among a team of people but SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) requires almost no maintenance.
Business Analyst at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Dec 20, 2018
For the first time, we have facilities working the same way; customer service at one can support the other
What is our primary use case?EDI with automotive businesses is our primary use case.
Pros and Cons
- "It has a lot of basic EDI already established for all the main users. Also, it lets me share setups that I had already set up for my first plant. I was able to use them for my second one which was very helpful. I didn't have to start from scratch for my second facility."
- "I would've liked, from day one, to learn how to do my own mapping. That would have saved a lot of time and effort if that had been brought forward earlier. It's there, I just didn't know about it. Also, some tidier, easier-to-use interfaces would help."
What other advice do I have?Make sure your internal team has the manpower required and the knowledge, of course. It's big. It shouldn't be left up to SEEBURGER, the way I did. I made them do more work than they should have had to do. To use the on-premise you need to have good technical people, not just business knowledge but also technical. That might be a drawback for some companies. The advantage is that they cover the EDI world: EDA, EDIFACT, ANSI. The American guys are great at their ANSI and EDIFACT and the European guys are great at EDA and EDIFACT. I don't know if it's true that every software company out there…
Materials Management Team Lead at a university with 10,001+ employees
Dec 18, 2018
Gives us the freedom to connect, via EDI, to whomever we want, when we want, and at the pace we want
What is our primary use case?The reason that we bought the product was that we have a very robust healthcare inventory environment in SAP here at the university. That involves huge inventory, purchase orders with 300 lines, electronic invoices, 856s, 855s. We knew we were going to have to have some standalone EDI ability here. That was the main goal of getting it, which we very quickly accomplished.
Pros and Cons
- "The ease of integration of the SEEBURGER product into SAP was pretty seamless. There wasn't any trouble, there weren't any complexities."
- "SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) also allowed us to connect EDI vendors at will."
- "When we got SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS), it was clear that it was going to take more of a technical person. It does take a technically-rooted individual to operate it. It's not something for your everyday guy to do. For what it's doing for us, a dedicated resource is required."
What other advice do I have?The first thing I would say to anyone looking at a solution is to make sure you understand your requirements. That's where you have to start with any product solution. Then, make sure you buy what you need to accommodate your solution, but no more. Don't get caught up in the moment and the bells and whistles. Get what you need. For someone who is looking for a killer EDI solution, SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS), if you ask me, is hard to beat. We're not out there doing things like mobile data entry. We're not a power company or a telephone company that's doing billing from work out…
VP Digital Services at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 10, 2018
Enabled us to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to build new EDI maps
What is our primary use case?We are using it mainly for EDI with a wide variety of trading partners. We do a lot of EDI transactions with a lot of our customers and vendors, as well as a few healthcare providers. We have a lot of transactions, but we don't really have that big of a load. On a daily basis, we have around 2,000 transactions.
Pros and Cons
- "For the tool that we used to have, we had specially trained developers who used to do all the development of EDI maps and the configuration. But with SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) now, we were able to train our EDI analysts, and because the tool has very simple, intuitive mapping capabilities, even our EDI analysts are able to develop all the EDI maps, do all the configurations, and do all the setups for any of the trading partners."
- "In some of the other tools out there in the market, you can create one service and use that service without creating a copy. That kind of capability currently doesn't exist in this solution."
What other advice do I have?Training, of course, is really important. Get trained on the tool. If we could have used some of the consulting from SEEBURGER for the initial implementation, we could have learned best practices. Because now, when we go back and look at some of the EDI maps that we developed, now that we are experienced, we say, "Okay, we could have done it in a different way or in a better way." If you get that help in the very beginning, then you can avoid all that, and do a better design of the overall solution. In terms of the users, it's basically an IT-supported application. We don't really have any…
Enterprise & Tech Ops Hosting Svcs at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 19, 2018
The file transfer adapters allow us to reduce costs but the system architecture is complex
What is our primary use case?We use it mostly for data integration. We use a module from SEEBURGER called Managed File Transfer or MFT. We move about 30,000 to 50,000 files in a week in our company. The files are moved intracompany but they also move between our company and our external partners. We also have a bunch of stuff on Amazon. We use SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) to integrate our data center with Amazon file transfers.
Pros and Cons
- "We had a requirement for transferring data to Amazon S3 buckets but we did not have a solution in our shop for large data transfers to Amazon S3. We worked with SEEBURGER and created a framework solution and now, using that solution, we can configure the transfer in an hour or two and enable it to go to existing or new S3 buckets."
- "It's a very robust solution and it's very configurable. Before this product we would use an ESB-type of solution which required us to write code and go through a process. We can configure the SEEBURGER solution much more easily, instead of writing code... It can handle large files very well."
- "The product is not integrated very well with different cloud providers. We did work with the vendor to build a solution for Amazon, but there is no solution for other cloud providers like Google or Azure. The vendor needs to create adapters so that if we have a requirement to transfer data from our data center to another cloud, outside of Amazon, we would be delighted with that."
- "I don't think the scalability of the solution is that great because they have tied the solution to their named nodes and it does not allow scalability like some of the cloud products allow."
What other advice do I have?The only advice I would give is to see that the industry is moving towards the cloud and this solution is an on-prem solution. The vendor does not have a cloud offering, at least not that we're aware of. So evaluate a solution based on your needs. Right now, we are deployed on-premise and we are migrating it into the cloud. The product is being used quite a bit and it's meeting all of our needs for file transfers at this point. We are not expecting to increase usage at this point in time. We are looking to the vendor for the cloud migration and, as part of that, we may have to add more cores…
Systems Architect EDI/B2B at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Nov 12, 2018
One product with many functions, and its customizable.
What is our primary use case?We use the product to process for our EDI/B2B platform. It supports various transaction formats including X12, EDIFACT, cXML and xCBL. We also use the product to handle various communication protocols, including AS2, FTP, HTTP and PGP encryption.
Pros and Cons
- "Mapping Designer provides excellent flexibility."
- "The product has the ability to handle high volumes of data efficiently."
- "Having the SEEBURGER consulting team perform the installation alleviates a lot of headaches and ensures a stable system."
- "The ability to bind a mapping to an agreement seems a bit clunky. It would be nice to have a better way of navigating to a map name rather than using a drop down list."
- "The initial set up was done by SEEBURGER consulting. It can be complex due to various factors, such as server settings, database settings, and security settings."
What other advice do I have?Overall, its an excellent product. I would highly recommend it.
SAP Global EDI Lead at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 11, 2018
The platform has been very consistent and responsive
What is our primary use case?The company has been using the solution for three years now. I have been onboard for one year. We are using the managed services, which is cloud-based, and SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) manages this part for us. We do have a modified or hybrid managed services model. We do our own mapping internally, but everything else is through the cloud and SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) services.
Pros and Cons
- "The platform has been very consistent and responsive."
- "The stability is world-class. It is as good as any of the other options out there. They have addressed hiccups quickly, professionally, and with an excellent response."
- "Their traditional model is a vendor flow. We are looking to do a customer-based flow, which which require significant development from SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS). We are working with them to do this using their WebEDI. It is a brand new area for them, but it could be an option in the future."
What other advice do I have?We plan to increase platform usage by 25 to 30 percent over the next six to 12 months. This does not even include the WebEDI, which would probably add another 25 percent. We are not utilizing the Business Integration Suite (BIS) platform to its fullest capacity and functionality.
Director at Mylan Inc.
Nov 1, 2018
The solution is flexible when it comes to adding integrations
What is our primary use case?This is just to transfer files securely within the Mylan network, and a few instances from the outside too. It is just to transfer files. Like a postman, it moves the files between the systems with no data transformation We have the on-premise solution and are only using one feature of this product. Most of our solutions are on-premise, as our security team prefers it that way.
Pros and Cons
- "It used to take half an hour to move one file from one location to another. Now, it takes 10 minutes."
- "The solution is flexible when it comes to adding integrations. It is much easier to use than the other tools we have to move the files. Across the board, we can move files in a short amount of time compared to our other existing tools."
- "The initial setup is not the straightforward. It took couple of months for us to set up."
What other advice do I have?The Active-Active helps handle larger loads without time delays. Our reaction time has changed by 50% since implementing this solution. There are so many moving components. Even if it is on-premise, some servers need to be on the DMZ and some need to be inside of the firewall, so working with SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) made it easier.
Corporate Director of IT at Flexfab
Oct 25, 2018
Very powerful mapping tool that handles all our EDI requirements
What is our primary use case?It's our EDI translator. We use it daily, it's on-prem. It's SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) 6 and we've been using it for eight or nine years.
What other advice do I have?We are now considering using the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) solution, the exact same one, in the SEEBURGER Cloud, meaning we are not going to have it on-prem and we're going to have them do the transport and the translation to us and then send the EDI data, so we don't have to manage the server on-premise. It's the same basic concept but it's slightly more robust having them manage the maintenance of the system. We are 99 percent sure we're moving to their cloud and that would give us the stability and scalability that we need, so we can have that same process work globally and…
Feb 26, 2018
We can use it to script and monitor processes
What is our primary use case?* We use it for handling partner setup, dealing with XML, EDI transactions, and mapping. * We can do job scheduling, process designing, AS2, FTP, and SFTP setup in it. * We can use it to script and monitor processes.
Pros and Cons
- "We rarely get hanged processes."
- "We can use it to script and monitor processes."
- "We can code in Java, which is really good feature. There is very vast command available, which can be used in mapping."
- "Difficult in handling large amounts of data, like when the file has more than 100MB in size."
- "I would like there to be a feature that could handle the limited server."
EDI Consultant at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
May 18, 2017
You can design and create your own business processes.
What other advice do I have?Even if it’s a good product, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you need everything they offer. Make sure to test the platform out beforehand, as well as many other platforms, and try to find the one that best suits your present and future needs.
Integration Analyst (SAP EAI - Seeburger with EDI) at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 18, 2017
Partner connectivity and the process builder are the most valuable features.
What is most valuable?Partner connectivity and the process builder are the most valuable features. Partner Connectivity: This is the core value of the tool. It enables communication between two systems/business partners. Process builder: Helps us to customize the application to the needs/requirements of our customers.
How has it helped my organization?It enables customization as per the organization's needs.
What needs improvement?The connectivity of the Data Distribution Center (DDC) and the repository need improvement.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?There were no stability issues.
Integration Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 15, 2017
We can integrate any custom Java program directly in it. Most of the components are loosely coupled.
What other advice do I have?It is a great product to work with, especially with their new cloud solution. Companies do not have to worry about any in-house infrastructure.
EDI Competency Manager North America at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Apr 23, 2017
This platform is the gate to our suppliers and customers. I would like to see a simplified interface.
What other advice do I have?Do your research as to what your needs are with regard to both technical and business flows. If the monitoring and debugging of flows is key, then you really want to get a demo. See how the system functions and if your team can understand it.
Senior Integration Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Apr 23, 2017
Automates our sales order processing.
What other advice do I have?SB BIS is hard to beat if you: * Process thousands of transactions a day * Do business in more than one country * If you are an SAP shop We are an SAP shop and SB BIS meshes very well with SAP. They are both German companies. I think both of their respective headquarters are located physically close to each other in Germany.
Product CategoriesBusiness-to-Business Middleware Managed File Transfer API Management Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
Download our free SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.