ServiceNow IT Business Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow IT Business Management is #5 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools and #6 ranked solution in top Enterprise Agile Planning Tools. IT Central Station users give ServiceNow IT Business Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. ServiceNow IT Business Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure DevOps:ServiceNow IT Business Management vs Microsoft Azure DevOps. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
What is ServiceNow IT Business Management?

ServiceNow provides us an integratd platform that manages both IT Operations as well as the Delivery lifecycle. ... It also, creates the necessary insights to make better business decisions from.

ServiceNow IT Business Management is also known as ServiceNow IT Business Management Suite, ServiceNow ITBM Suite, ServiceNow ITBM.

Download the Project Portfolio Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ServiceNow IT Business Management Customers
Proximus, UNT SYSTEM, SAP SuccessFactors
ServiceNow IT Business Management Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ServiceNow IT Business Management pricing:
  • "They sell some things in bundles, and it could be handier that some of those things could be sold in another way, like purity models and other packages. Another thing that I'm struggling with is the pricing of ServiceNow's FYE experience, which includes the tools that are positioned for supporting HR."

ServiceNow IT Business Management Reviews

Raymond De Rooij
I&T Design & Execution Reliability Engineering at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable, could improve dashboards and visualization

• "Stable and scalable solution."
  • "Dashboard interface is limited functionally and not very user friendly"

What is our primary use case?

In our company we use this solution on a daily basis as an administration application for reporting, where you can assign incident tickets or trade tickets and the relevant department uses it for follow up on problems or changes that have occurred. I use it to create reports that show our teams where the issues are, what's going well and what can be improved. My colleagues use it from a workflow perspective.

We have different organizations with a centralized help desk that will lock calls into groups of 20 or 30 people. We have a team that builds and customizes it and then we have all kinds of managers that pull out reports. Finally, we have numerous end users working on their own products. We also have external parties that provide services that use this application to work on incident problems and changes.

We are a customer of ServiceNow. I'm in IT design and work as an execution reliability engineer at a financial institution in the Netherlands.

What needs improvement?

One of the key areas important to me is the reporting side. The dashboard interface is limited functionally and is not very user friendly or particularly intuitive so that, for example, if you want to combine or correlate incidents with relevant changes for a report, it's not easily done and makes reporting difficult. It's a gap in the solution. What I do now is take the data from ServiceNow and put it in Power BI for visualizing and for combining data analysis because ServiceNow doesn't give me that option. Also, the performance on the test boarding in my view is quite slow - every time that you change something in the automatic report, your interaction in building the dashboards is really horrible.

For additional features, I think we are now implementing our own chat bot, so they should do a lot more on visualization. I would prefer to have a really nice interface into Power BI if their test board is not up to it.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

Sometimes things are slow but it's a stable solution.

e.g. when making an Report, the response from the system is slow, compared to other products.

- for some actions like approving /submitting an change or problem, it takes several seconds before it finalize the action. This might be related to the database setup, and internal verification/calculation. But the action itsels seems straightforard, and should not take long to submit a record.

- other examples are the api, interface is not fast enought to be used when more than eg 30000 records are retrieved, the api request will most likely timeout. and some Paginating is necessary.

Scalability is quite good, we probably have a couple of thousand users.

We don't need the technical support because we have an internal team that assists when necessary.

The solution is provided to us, we didn't do the setup so I'm not sure about how difficult it was. I assume it's not difficult. I'm a user of the product, and we're on a development operational organization model. The product is managed externally and the service provided to us.

What other advice do I have?

It's a workflow thing so I guess one of the most important things is to really think about your requirements and your process flow because you need to customize to use it out of the box and match your work flow.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

PradeepPandey
Chief Technology Officer at a renewables & environment company with 11-50 employees
Quite an extensive solution that's stable and easy to use

• "The solution was quite easy to use. The interface was quite user-friendly, and I've become quite familiar with it."
  • "The only issue for us is the pricing. It’s quite high in comparison with the competition."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for project management. At a previous company, I was working as a project manager for them, so I had used ServiceNow previously.

We have developed several mobile applications using end to IUSN technology.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite extensive, and I’ve only used the sections related to project management. I’m not sure if it was lacking any features. For me, it had everything I needed. I’ve never experienced any technical issues at all.

I’ve used the solution for more than a year, however, I stopped using the solution about six months ago.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. If I had to, I’d rate it nine out of ten. We currently have eight to ten people working no the solution, including myself.

I’ve contacted technical support and have been satisfied with their level of services. I like them. They’re quite good.

I’ve previously used Salesforce for some project management tasks as well as customer lead management. Both tools are very good. I’ve also used Bitrix, Jira and Zoho in the past when I was in India. Now I’m based in The Netherlands.

The initial setup was quite easy. It’s almost similar to setting up a Facebook account. It’s not difficult like other solutions. There is a lot of media that you can use to help your team deploy into the system. Deployment is rather quick and takes about 40 to 45 minutes to set up in total.

I deployed the solution myself with the help of our team.

I’m not a business owner, so I can’t speak to the pricing. I’m not sure if it’s expensive or not because I haven’t taken the time to compare pricing. However, it’s my understanding that it is a bit pricer than other options on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We used the cloud deployment model as opposed to the on-premises model. We used the public cloud and use Microsoft’s cloud with Azure.

I’m a CTO and I have about 10-12 years of technical background. I’ve been a developer before, but over the past year I’ve moved into project management and our company is developing software for the energy sector. We may use this solution for that company going forward, although we aren’t using it right now.

I’m comfortable using both Salesforce and ServiceNow. I find ServiceNow easier to use in comparison, but Salesforce also has a good interface.

We have eight to ten people on the team working with the solution. We were working on a user based project, so there were 10 people to include in the design and then one person was there to develop the Java export and another one for running data for basic export.

I’d recommend the solution. I’d rate it nine out of ten. I’d rate it higher if it wasn’t so costly as a solution. Feature-wise it’s very good and unique compared to Salesforce and other business management software.

Find out what your peers are saying about ServiceNow, Broadcom, Software AG and others in Project Portfolio Management. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KD
Lead IT Transformation Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Gives you end-to-end information about your whole company all in one place

• "ServiceNow brings to the market different layers with different pricing, so you can customize. And all the layers are really enterprise-ready."
  • "ServiceNow needs to invest more in integration. That's the only thing. It could always extend its portfolio a little bit."

What is our primary use case?

I'm mostly involved with service management projects.

What is most valuable?

What I like about ServiceNow is how it operates as a complete platform. When I talk about a platform, what I mean is that you have end-to-end information about your whole company all in one place with ServiceNow. This also means that you need to have the layers in place, like the layers for service management, portfolio management, risk management, security, discovery service mapping as well as the iPhone layer and the software asset management layer. If you have all those assets in place, it's quite easy. Then you can do a lot of stuff inside the platform itself. The nice thing about ServiceNow is that it's also an older platform, where you can include and separate other information for more products. Plus the product brings something new to the market. ServiceNow brings to the market different layers with different pricing, so you can customize. And all the layers are really enterprise-ready.

What needs improvement?

ServiceNow needs to invest more in integration. That's the only thing. It could always extend its portfolio a little bit. It doesn't have to extend too far. In some other areas, like enterprise architecture, they already have the tools for it.

I've been using ServiceNow for a few years.

ServiceNow is a very stable and scalable platform.

I have had no issues with ServiceNow's technical support so far.

I find found the setup to be quite easy.

They sell some things in bundles, and it could be handier that some of those things could be sold in another way, like purity models and other packages. Another thing that I'm struggling with is the pricing of ServiceNow's FYE experience, which includes the tools that are positioned for supporting HR.

What other advice do I have?

I would never give service now a 10 because everything could always be better, but I would rate it nine or nine-and-a-half out of 10.

If you are planning to implement ServiceNow, I would consider it from the aspect of business management, especially portfolio management. Don't only look at companies that are mostly using portfolio management for their project portfolio. Portfolio management comprises three main portfolios: investment portfolio, product portfolio, and project portfolio. These are really linked to each other. And the nice thing about business management with ServiceNow is that you can manage all three of these portfolios like they need to be managed.

IT Project Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Has a handy ticket creation system and is stable

• "The program is stable."
  • "The interface isn't user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The presentation feature was valuable to our company. And the ticket creation system is handy because it is customizable.

What needs improvement?

The program isn't very user-friendly, as it is rather difficult to use. However, it could be the way it was configured in the company I worked for, so I cannot be sure because I don't have any other references.

I have been using ServiceNow IT Business for two years now.

The program is stable.

I did not have any support for the use of the software so I needed to teach myself how to use it. So I don't have any experience with their customer service and support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this program an eight out of ten, just because of the configuration. My main issue was the interface but I assume that it was because of the way the program was configured. It was not really user-friendly. There were a lot of things on my screen that was a little bit complicated. But I would still recommend this product to others looking to implement it.

Manish Rajora
Project Manager at IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
User-friendly and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. They are using it for project management, control management, and change management. Our customers work in a variety of industries.

How has it helped my organization?

The feedback we have received is that our customers have found it to be very useful.

What is most valuable?

The interface is extremely user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some artificial intelligence incorporated into the management functions. The initial setup is complex and should be simplified.

This is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale. In our…

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The interface is extremely user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is complex and should be simplified.

This is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale. In our last deployment, there were approximately 1,000 users.

We are working with multiple products at the moment.

The initial setup is complex, especially when you are implementing it for multiple branches. It normally takes a few days to deploy.

I handle the deployment for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
GS
Partner - PPM and GRC Executive at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Stable and easy to set up with user friendly interface

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its easy development and that the interface is very friendly. ServiceNow is also more competitive in terms of research.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This is a very stable solution.

The initial setup was very simple, and we implemented it very quickly.

I implemented using an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as ten out of ten.

Private Cloud

What is most valuable?

I have been using this solution for two years.

This is a very stable solution.

The initial setup was very simple, and we implemented it very quickly.

I implemented using an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as ten out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Project Portfolio Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about ServiceNow, Broadcom, Software AG, and more!