ServiceNow Now Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow Now Platform is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top No-Code Development Platforms. It is most often compared to Microsoft PowerApps: ServiceNow Now Platform vs Microsoft PowerApps

What is ServiceNow Now Platform?

ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion (2018 revenue was $2.6 billion, up 36% year over year). We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity to approximately 5,400 enterprise customers worldwide, including almost 75% of the Fortune 500.

As a purpose-driven company, making work, work better for people guides everything we do.

ServiceNow Now Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the ServiceNow Now Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

ServiceNow Now Platform Customers
experian, beachbody, health partners
ServiceNow Now Platform Video

Archived ServiceNow Now Platform Reviews (more than two years old)

SamirTafech
Senior Digital Enterprise Director at DetaSad
Readily available e-courses makes this solution easy to learn and use

• "Learning materials, such as online courses, are readily available."
  • "The licensing for this solution, with respect to the user, needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have customers that we are assisting with this solution, and we are also using it internally.

We are providing and using ServiceNow as a KSA hosted solution on our cloud (DETASAD SAHABA), not the SaaS model and that therefore we are offering it for our clients as a world-class product fully compliant with Saudi security regulations with all data remaining is Saudi Arabia. ServiceNow is an integral part of our service solutions and all our clients benefit from it.

We have two modules. We have the ITSM and the WFM. The WFM is not activated yet, and I am working on implementing this.

Currently, we are only using the incident ticket request functionality. We are implementing the request for equipment, change management, and other request forms.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped and organized the support for our customers, in which the customer is always updated about the status of his inquiry, also our support teams are always updated of their colleagues intervention.

And from a management point of view, with the reporting and Dashboards the management is always updated about the open cases and the service delivery health status, and definitly quantify the work accomplished by the support teams.

What is most valuable?

Incident Management and workflow are the most valuable features for us for the time (at least for us currently).

Also Learning materials, such as online courses, are readily available. This solution is not difficult, and I have learned it from taking e-courses. I am actively giving the courses to my full team, because I want them to learn about it as well.

when it comes for the interface of ServiceNow is ok, and it is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for between four and five years.

We use this solution on a daily basis.

I have fifty-two active licenses for this solution, and there are eighteen more that we are not yet using.

I have not personally dealt with technical support very much. The feedback that I have from the team is that the technical support is very helpful, and they are supporting us in a good way.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

As it is Cloud Hosted solution, the initial setup is as easy as setting up an application on a mobile phone.

ServiceNow and one of their local partners in KSA assisted us with the initial setup and customization of this solution. They were handling all of the maintenance and implementation before my arrival.

Not many people are required for maintenance. In fact, I'm building my team right now. I have two administrators, where one is a backup for the other. I'm preparing two developers for the process implementation, development, and configuration. These people are not dedicated to this solution.

All of the development work will be done in-house. We will be integrating it with SAP, Salesforce, and other platforms, and I need my developers to be involved.

We have definitely seen ROI. The most important thing for a director or manager is to be able to quantify the work of his team and to start building the knowledge base. This, by itself, is a return on investment.

After that, on the knowledge base and on the tickets, we can apply artificial intelligence and some machine learning algorithms. Ultimately, it will be like an automatic helpdesk. We just need to build some history first.

DETASAD service offering combined with our AI/ML platform will support predictive maintenance and shortly will be used to optimize our 1000 field and engineering force better to increase service levels to our customers further.

Definitely, every company will evaluate many service platforms before choosing the one that best fits the requirement.

What other advice do I have?

I am currently taking courses on this product to learn more about the platform, as well as the functionality that we have not been using.

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to have a better look at the overall capability of the platform. Many people, including us, understand ServiceNow to be a ticketing system. They do not see the other functionalities that are very big, and very important.

This is a great platform but it must be used correctly, and not only for ticketing. This solution was not well utilized in the company. Rather, it was treated as an application like Excel. When I arrived, I started forcing people to use tickets, and now I'm going to implement the workflows, processes, and everything else under ServiceNow.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MS
Business Relationship Manager at Sasol
Good multi-language support, improves the end-user experience, and makes our lives easy

• "We have seen a big improvement in the experience that we want to create for our end users."
  • "We would like to see AI used to automate some of the functionality in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for taking calls, logging calls, and assigning calls.

We have just moved over to ServiceNow Out-of-the-Box, which is the general platform.

This solution is deployed in a hybrid-cloud environment.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, we only had a solution that we could use locally. This solution has helped us to go global with our IT service management support. We were able to scale it much quicker and support the organization globally.

We have seen a big improvement in the experience that we want to create for our end users. The catalog used to be separated from the IT service, but now we have both of them running from the same platform. This means that we can quickly deploy solutions based on the request from our users.

The integration makes it easier for the end-users, as they can track the status of their incidents and their requests, and they can put in a new request. This one platform, where the end-users can manage all of their demands and see all of their devices, including their cell phone contracts, makes our lives easy. The end-users used to have multiple reference numbers and now there is one that a request or incident is linked to. They get updates, similar to the Amazon platform, where you can see the status of your order and you know how far away they are.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is cataloging the requests, which allows us to speed up the process and improve the user experience.

The knowledge management feature is now continuously learning from incidents.

What needs improvement?

In the next release of this solution, we would like to see mobile capability.

We have been using this solution for approximately three years.

We are impressed with the stability of this platform. We are part of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Even with multiple languages, it was easy to adopt and to provide users in their respective countries with language enabled according to their needs.

This is a very scalable solution.

Technical support for this solution is excellent. We have had the technologists visit us. They were part of the implementation. Overall, the support we are receiving from this vendor is excellent.

When we implemented and set up this solution for the first time, we did some customization. Now that we have adopted the Out-of-the-Box version, it means less customization. We are taking an "As-Is" solution so that we can use more capabilities for customizing it.

We made use of a service integrator to assist us with the implementation and deployment. We didn't deploy with our own team. These people were qualified and know the product very well, so our experience was very good. The platform providers were also supporting the service integrators.

We did evaluate other options before choosing this solution, but we found this to be an excellent product. We call it the SAP of IT Management.

We chose this product mainly because of the capabilities that it offered, and how they matched what we needed.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that we learned through implementing this solution is that it is important not to customize. Rather, take the product offering best practices and adopt it with its own processes. This makes scaling much easier. Whereas if you customize it and if you build your own version, it becomes difficult to scale, support, and do the official upgrades. This is why we have taken the Out-of-the-Box version and have adopted the processes that come with it. It is working and we don't have to change it too much.

This is a very good solution, but there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.