ServiceNow Orchestration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow Orchestration is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Process Automation tools. It is most often compared to F5 BIG-IQ: ServiceNow Orchestration vs F5 BIG-IQ

What is ServiceNow Orchestration?

ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion (2018 revenue was $2.6 billion, up 36% year over year). We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity to approximately 5,400 enterprise customers worldwide, including almost 75% of the Fortune 500.

Download the Process Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ServiceNow Orchestration Customers
experian, BEACHBODY, HealthPartners, Banosoft
ServiceNow Orchestration Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ServiceNow Orchestration pricing:
  • "In terms of price, this solution is at the higher end of what you'll find."

ServiceNow Orchestration Reviews

Sirisha Tadepalli
Principal Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Simplifies certain processes and saves us time, but the price and technical support should be improved

• "Employee onboarding, de-boarding, and other service-provision features make the process easier and it saves us a lot of time."
  • "There should be connectors to cover at least the top industry applications, and they should be easier to configure in a plug-and-play fashion."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. In some cases, we will do post-implementation maintenance as well.

The primary use case for ServiceNow Orchestration is for the integration of various systems. For example, if we're onboarding a new employee then we need Orchestration to help us with the integration of the HR systems, Active Directory, and multiple SAP systems where the new user is required to have access.

What is most valuable?

Employee onboarding, de-boarding, and other service-provision features make the process easier and it saves us a lot of time.

What needs improvement?

This solution should be more developer-friendly. This is what my team has been telling me.

The connectors need to be updated because certain connectors for third-party tools are not up to date, and our customers are having problems synchronizing data with some of these tools. There should be connectors to cover at least the top industry applications, and they should be easier to configure in a plug-and-play fashion.

The price of this solution needs to be a little bit lower.

Technical support could be improved by decreasing the time required to resolve issues.

I do not personally work with ServiceNow Orchestration but my team has been working with it for about eight months.

This solution is stable, although it would definitely be better if the connectors were updated and the script in line with industry standards.

Scalability is good, albeit expensive.

We have customers of all sizes but the Orchestration module for ServiceNow is better for small and medium-sized companies. The level of orchestration that is needed by enterprise-level companies is much more complicated and you might need a more mature product for that. For the small end of the scale, their requirements and needs are met by the product and it is the price that is of concern to some customers.

With regard to technical support, their response time is good but most issues take some time to resolve. They have to verify the problem and they have to log in remotely to access the system and try to understand the issue. It can take longer because of time differences and multiple locations. If the time to resolve issues was better then that would be good. Overall, I would rate the customer support a seven out of ten.

We did try a product from another vendor, temporarily, for a few integrations. However, it did not work out well so we switched to ServiceNow. We are also using BMC Remedy, and while we still have a lot to learn, I am finding it much more effective.

I would say that the initial setup is of moderate difficulty. It's not as easy as the other ServiceNow modules, such as ITSM. At the same time, it is not very difficult to do. My comparison is only against the other modules.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the functionality that is required. The basic modules will take anywhere from four to six weeks.

In terms of price, this solution is at the higher end of what you'll find.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this solution is fairly decent. We are not using it for very complicated or extensive things but for basic orchestration, it is working great. The only problems we are having are related to small issues that have to do with syncing data.

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that the day-to-day operations are very good. For basic functions, it operates more or less out of the box and those features are good. If on the other hand, they are looking for a very extensive level of integration, then it might be a challenge with respect to the technology or even the culture.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

DilipKumar
Lead Technical Architect at itcinfotech
MSP
Custom orchestration packs easily integrated; could benefit from improved efficiency of some features

• "There are a lot of ready to use orchestration custom packs."
  • "Efficiency of some features could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for automation of tasks when dealing with Azure or Active Directory. It may be a password reset or a bleeding edge, adding users to a group community or changing something in Azure. It can also go to the next level of having the VM provisioning or creating a folder and giving the shared access suite. Those are the most frequently used cases. We're partners with ServiceNow and I'm the lead technical IT architect.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of ready to use custom orchestration packs, which you can just do a drag and put it across any of your workflows. They're pretty good features.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to automation, to basic windows activity, there is room for adding some features. Even in the areas that relate to publishing there could be increased efficiency in areas such as helping with editing portals. Other areas where there might be improvement is in terms of handling specific sequence based activities. In these areas, ServiceNow could extend beyond Orchestration and come up with some bots of RPAs and all. We had a few use cases where we couldn't find solutions in Orchestration and had to go with the publishers to solve them.

I've been using this solution for three years.

I haven't had any issues with the stability.

Scalability of this solution is fine.

In general, technical support is good. Sometimes it can take a while to get the right support but, in general, they are good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward although I am coming from the ServiceNow platform but I think it would be pretty simple for everyone.

ServiceNow is priced on the higher side. Everybody knows that but in terms of the gap between ITSM standard and ITSM flow the gap is so large that customers often say they want to go with a chat bot, a virtual agent. If they look at going to pro there is an additional $50 or $60 per user. I think they should offer some kind of subsidy for modules. If a user wants to use only the virtual agent that should be made available so the user doesn't have to pay the entire amount for getting the one functionality in the professional version. There were some extra costs involved for performance analytics which is not included as part of the standard edition.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Orchestration if you're already on the ServiceNow platform. It makes no sense going with orchestration products other than ServiceNow. The solution has been greatly enhanced over the last couple of years and I think it's a good product now.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.