SevOne Overview

SevOne is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Splunk: SevOne vs Splunk

What is SevOne?

SevOne provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their networks today, tomorrow and beyond. SevOne simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers and managed services providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.

SevOne provides SaaS, public cloud and on-prem offerings, including several pre-built solutions specifically designed to solve SD-WAN, SDN, NFV and enterprise Wi-Fi challenges. SevOne helps customers compete and win in the connected world by increasing their business agility and velocity of delivering new applications and services. SevOne is privately held and is headquartered in Boston, Mass. Follow SevOne on Twitter at @SevOneInc.

SevOne Buyer's Guide

Download the SevOne Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

SevOne Customers

Adobe, Aflac, BT, Comcast, eBay, EA, Go Daddy, Liberty Global, Telstra, TMobile, Spark, Starhub, SKY, UBS

SevOne Video

SevOne Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user489165
Tests and Quality Assurance Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 2, 2017
The system predicts the value of the traffic in the future based on existing behavior

• "Flexible architecture: You can extend the system and its capacity by attaching another cluster pair."
  • "SevOne should work with the graphs legend functionality."

What other advice do I have?

* The grouping capability is very simple and a very important issue in terms of system reporting capability. You should do your homework carefully so you will have a flexible reporting tool in the future. * Enabling baseline functionality: We decided not to enable it at the beginning and very quickly decided to change our minds. It is a very useful mechanism for data comparison (today’s traffic to the week’s traffic, to weeks before at the same time, and so on). * Report preparation: It depends on the agreement, but SevOne is ready to prepare some predefined report at initial integration. Let…
Adrian Moran
Sr Service Desk Agent Tier I, II at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 1, 2017
Reports and graphics help to inform the client about traffic though group creation needs improvement

• "With this tool it is interesting to show the info to the client and explain where the traffic is."
  • "The method of searching for SIP and the way to create the groups."

What other advice do I have?

Although it is a very good monitoring tool, it can be confusing when you try to add devices and they don’t appear correctly. Then you need to check SID on the SevOne database. There it does not display when the error pops up.
Find out what your peers are saying about Turbonomic, SolarWinds, ScienceLogic and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: February 2021.
465,891 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user377565
Senior Network Capacity Planner with 10,001+ employees
Aug 25, 2017

• "It's given us the ability to create various real-time network performance reports and distribute them to any colleague who can access these reports immediately."
  • "Software upgrades can be tricky is not easy."

What other advice do I have?

By default the tool provides a lot, you need to focus on your needs, adding something else later is usually no problem.
it_user722265
Monitoring Administrator at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 23, 2017
Lacks log/URL monitoring and reports are limited to 1,000 servers though it's relatively inexpensive

• "The automation feature is good because if your CMDB is OK and it is already in sync, then the automation part is good to go."
  • "There is no service mode setup in this monitoring tool if you want to snooze alerts for any specific amount of time, to account for any activity change or major incident."

What other advice do I have?

If you want one tool for everything this should not be considered. For example, if you want to monitor logs, if you want to monitor URLs, that is not possible from SevOne. If you only monitor networks, if you want to monitor appliances, you can go with this application. It's good to go with SevOne because the creation of thresholds, of policies, the grouping of servers, that is easy. One other thing. This is mainly a web console, it's not like any appliance application that you have to go into some server and open an application. That kind of thing is not there.
it_user517890
Manager at a tech services company
Aug 17, 2017
Scalable And Very Easy To Setup The First Installation

• "Scalability. I have never had to worry about how to handle really big environments."
  • "The GUI: both the dashboard/user view and the admin tool."

What other advice do I have?

To get the best value, find a good partner to work with who has experience from more than one product vendor. Then, you can get a second opinion and comparisons.
Christian Amador
Consulting System Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 13, 2017
It Makes Monitoring Of The Network Very Customizable

What is most valuable?

The monitoring of the network is very customizable. That is its unique feature.

How has it helped my organization?

One example is in the way you have information of the status of each component of each device in your network.

What needs improvement?

User-friendly, multi-tenancy.

One year.

Yes, but it is according licensing.

Very bad. The support it is a kind of blog where you leave your question or problem, then they try to resolve it as soon as possible.

SolarWinds, because we tried…
it_user489159
Lead Data Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jan 30, 2017
Instant graphs, high frequency polling and the ability to create reports on the fly are the most valuable features we currently use.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to see or alert on issues a lot faster.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to be able to stitch together multiple network elements or services for more of an end-to-end view of network performance.

I have been using this solution for 1.5 years.

I have not encountered any issues with stability.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability.

I would give it a 7.5/10. …
it_user473607
Senior Solution Architect at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 30, 2017
I like the UI, scalability and quick response on reports.

What other advice do I have?

Clearly outline what needs to be monitored from SevOne and what you aim for your organization. I don’t recommend monitoring everything. Please engage the SevOne SME’s. It will make the implementation easier in many aspects.
it_user300888
Application and Monitoring Tools Manager at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 30, 2017
It allows us to alert the correct application owners and troubleshoot problems quicker.

What other advice do I have?

As with anything, if you want this to succeed, have a plan and focus; the product has many great features, so don’t get distracted. It’s easy to want to show everyone what you can do with the product. We focused on basic monitoring first and since then expanded to the other offerings of the product.
it_user489171
Lead Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 30, 2017
Allows us to generate graphs and reports quickly.

What is most valuable?

Very quick graph generation.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we used a customized MRTG solution. Graph generation was painfully slow. With SevOne, we are able to generate graphs and reports quickly.

What needs improvement?

Features like SMS support and a faster way to create objects in calculation editor would be good.

1+ year.

No issues.

No problems.

Very good.

SevOne has much faster performance than our previous solution.

Initial setup is…
it_user489120
Solution Architect at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 25, 2016
It distinguishes network issues from application issues based on flow analysis.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good product, easy to stand up, and a good tool for network engineers.
it_user343386
Sr. Software Engr. at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 23, 2016
It provides basic network monitoring, reporting, including performance metrics and third-party data.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have good, clear requirements for what you want SevOne to do. If you do, then it will do the job very well. If not, you should consider something else.
it_user356028
Network Management Development and Support at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 2, 2016
We like the ability of the product to integrate into other vendor management platforms to allow the polling and alerting streams to be maintained.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate and research to ensure your requirements are met.
it_user386748
Manager - Tools and Automation at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 16, 2016
​The most valuable feature for us is its flexibility to handle different systems and different functions. We use it for networking, service systems, PDU's, and anything that's available for SO&P.
it_user352914
SaaS Engineer - IBM Cloud at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 16, 2016
The features we are seeing the greatest benefit from are the enhanced reporting, net-flow data collection, and the data retention.

What other advice do I have?

If you need a solution for network performance, this is a very good option.
it_user381609
Information Management Senior Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 4, 2016
It has basic useful features like measurements of CPU, disk, and memory, but it also has the ability to measure net flow.​​​

What other advice do I have?

It's a good option, particularly because of SevOne's support.
it_user347688
Network Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 5, 2015
It's become an integral part of our monitoring and real-time network analysis, although I'd like to see a configuration management feature that lets me customize analyses and data points.

Valuable Features

The features I find most valuable are-- Availability (provides continuous monitoring without loss of functions), and Performance management (takes data for troubleshooting and reporting network issues)

Improvements to My Organization

It's become an integral part of our monitoring and real-time network analysis.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see a configuration management feature that lets me customize analyses and data points important to me at any specific time.

Use of Solution

I've used it for around two years.

I had no issues with deployment as I wasn't involved.

There were no stability issues for me.

I didn't have any issues with scaling it.

it_user332007
Lead Analyst - Software Support at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 31, 2015
Integration to it via API allows us to tie our customer performance metrics data to our customer portal. However, I think they can provide more details in their release notes regarding enhancements.
it_user332451
Director - Information Technology at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 28, 2015
As an IT Manager, I'm able to monitor our entire infrastructure. Enhanced baselining capability would be an improvement.
it_user331950
Systems Developer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 28, 2015
It's very scaleable, as you just add an appliance and it's immediately available to users.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very efficient and highly recommended solution. Its stability is great and gives you a great view of all the elements of your organization. Also, the ability to publish charts on websites is one of the things that are used.
it_user305955
Director Systems Management at a wellness & fitness company with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 28, 2015
Historically, we had constant server crashes and locks due to storage volumes filling up, which rarely happens now.

What other advice do I have?

They should speak to other customers to understand how it was implemented and used. Think about best practices on the server/network side so standards and processes can be established at the start to prevent rework later.
it_user332790
Network Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 28, 2015
It provides us with more data to be informed of the traffic on our network, but we'd like heat mapping and more detailed data.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure it's compatible with the networking devices you have. I think they had a code bug that is now corrected because we haven’t had any problems with our devices and the application in a while. I assume they fixed this issue – but check that it interacts with the network appliances you have.
it_user331938
Network Operations at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 26, 2015
Its ease-of-use enables us to troubleshoot quickly and reduce MTTR. UI improvements are needed to reduce the number of clicks needed to produce a chart.
it_user320085
Engineer II at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 30, 2015
Several groups within our organization use the capacity graphs to monitor network health, and adding an appliance is straightforward.

What is most valuable?

The capacity to monitor our network is the most important feature to me.

How has it helped my organization?

The capacity graphs are used by several groups within Comcast to monitor the health of the network.

What needs improvement?

There's no need for improvement.

I've used it for two years.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: Excellent, customer service is 10/10. Technical Support: Excellent, the technical support is very knowledgeable…
it_user310887
Vice President, Engineer Lead at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 13, 2015
It allows us to see metrics and immediately map to who is causing an issue so we can react faster.

What other advice do I have?

I would say spend the time to learn the product so you can fully leverage it – theres a lot to the product. If you push the solution, it can solve a lot of problems.
it_user310884
Senior Network Engineer at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 13, 2015
We're able to use it to see where customers are disconnecting and to discover outages before customers complain.

What other advice do I have?

Test it out in your environment – it all depends on your environment, but it fits very well for ours.
it_user303147
Network Administrator at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Sep 13, 2015
It provides granularity of data, fast response time, a quick display, and requires less manual intervention.

What other advice do I have?

You have to know what you're looking for – we knew exactly what we were looking for and basically if you know that it's much easier to find a solution that meets your needs. Stick to your guns – don’t settle. We did not settle.
it_user310878
Chief Technology Officer at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 13, 2015
We're able to take proactive measures because it provides complete infrastructure visibility and detailed data to our customer.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone to test drive the product and see if it's what you need. I've recommended many people to use this product because it deploys so easily.
it_user95673
Developer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 6, 2014
Impressive adaptability for non-standard situations
SevOne has become a vital component to me in both assisting internal network planning initiatives as well as external initiatives providing customers with valuable information. We don't use SevOne "out of the box" either. The adaptability of SevOne when I need something non-standard is impressive.
it_user95667
IT Administrator at Atos
Mar 6, 2014
I've worked with several network management tools and SevOne has the best support
SevOne NSM tool is the best option for monitoring our company's infrastructure. I have experience working with other network management tools and this is one of the best ones including the vendor support.