Silk Performer Alternatives and Competitors
Read reviews of Silk Performer alternatives and competitors
Review of Cavisson
Performance Architect at Kohl's
Jun 2, 2020
Has monitoring capabilities integrated into it to see the performance of components while the test is in the running phase
What is our primary use case?I have used NetStorm primarily for load generation to do load and stress tests on the desktop and mobile platforms of Kohls.com. I was able to generate high load with NetStorm which helped identify the performance bottlenecks of the applications in the project phase itself. NetStorm script can be generated on any environment and can be replayed to run load test on different environments. It has great features like Runlogic, autocorrelation, and monitoring capability associated inside it.
Pros and Cons
- NetStorm can generate high load with a single machine. Its Runlogic feature is very useful to send load to cover each and every flow of the application. NetStorm gives the feasibility of generating load with multiple load arrival models helping components to be tested based on its usage.
- The user interface had to be improved for the product. Its user interface should be made simple and easy to customize as per user needs.
What other advice do I have?It's a great load generating tool with integrated monitoring capability. The company has a highly talented client support to provide their services round the clock.
Review of Apache
Global IT Digital Test Manager at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Real UserTop 5
Feb 10, 2020
Good reports and analysis capabilities with a quick initial setup
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution to manage our capabilities. Wherever the business goes, we need to work within the expected benchmark. In terms of the user bases we deal with, most of these are products from different locations with different types of functional flow-out. There are environmental integrations also running in the background, which a user is basically accessing while going through a particular workflow. We'll also handle the reporting section of our data management responsibilities utilizing this system.
Pros and Cons
- The reports and analysis tools are very good. They are the solution's most valuable features.
- It's not easy to get the data from one place or to do customizations.
What other advice do I have?If companies have mobile development, they should use JMeter. If they want to integrate it with the PA pipeline, JMeter will work well. However, there are other platforms and solutions as well. Other options include Silk Performer and Load Impact. These two solutions have other capabilities that JMeter doesn't have. You can basically model your load and structure with them. You can't do that on this solution. On Silk Performer, you can also do network packeting, which you can't do on JMeter. Then there are some network features available in Load Impact as well as Silk Performer that aren't in…
Review of Micro Focus
Test Automation, DevOps & Performance Engineering at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Nov 8, 2020
Support many different protocols, but integration with the CICD pipeline should be easier
What is our primary use case?We use this product to test our web application that is used for internet banking.
Pros and Cons
- The most important feature for us is that it supports a lot of protocols because we support all of them, including HTTP, FTP, mainframe, and others.
- The product is pretty heavy and should be more lightweight.
Cost and Licensing Advice
- This is not a cheap product.