Slack Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Oluwakorede Daramola
CTO at a financial services firm
May 29 2019

What is most valuable?

Chat, video, and call functionality has been awesome. The ease of setting up and integrating with other apps is seamless. Data consumption by the app is also at its barest minimum, helping to cut… more»

How has it helped my organization?

Slack has helped to increase the productivity of my teams and organization. We have been able to cut down on subscription costs, reduce client delivery time, troubleshoot more effectively, and achieve… more»

What needs improvement?

I think the app is good enough, as I don't have any reason to comment negatively on it. The only area of concern that I have is with the inability to preview received documents without having to… more»

I did not use another solution prior to this one.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great app that has awesome functionality. A try will definitely be worth it.

I have evaluated both Microsoft Teams and Skype.
Harshit Pahuja
Operations Manager at Be You Plus
Oct 09 2019

What is most valuable?

I really liked the Slack bot and its integration with partners to make the work easy and with proper flow. We can create a group also.

How has it helped my organization?

Slack has been very useful in our organization for doing communications and passing on pieces of information.

What needs improvement?

* I think it's the best till now and the Slack team is doing well. * It will be great if they can start using the offline mode chat. Once we are back online, it will float the messages again.

You can have a free trial also for Slack, and its pricing depends on the features and team size you want to go with. The pricing is good, and it's worth it.

We were using Google Hangouts before Slack.

We were planning for Skype, Discord and Microsoft Teams.
Find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: November 2019.
377,828 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sumant Luhar
User
Oct 18 2019

What is most valuable?

Slack is a powerpack bundle of features that help small or large organizations to handle teams and their tasks. Personally, I love the feature that gives you the ability to name a channel as per task and include/exclude members within that channel to eradicate all other disturbances.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier, while we used to communicate through email, it was good but it became difficult to keep track of all the projects and keep ourselves updated with the latest changes. Since we started using Slack, we have been able to solve each other's problems and identify all of the loopholes within a reasonable timeline.

What needs improvement?

According to my observation, a large size file sharing feature is what can be expected, which will centralize all activities within Slack and that can save a lot of time. I would like to see the social sharing of blogs, announcements, or other news directly from the message corner.
Pavel Rephiah
SRO Development Manager
Jan 28 2018

What do you think of Slack?

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to manage various channels by different locations and subjects, and it integrates with Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

Channels File sharing Works well on mobile

What needs improvement?

Notifications.

Less than one year.

No stability issues, works perfectly.

I haven't notice any scalability issues.

Tried to find information about advance settings for notifications, but did not find what I was looking for.

We used Skype. We switched because our parent company uses Slack, and we…
Luciana Montivero
Sales Developer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Apr 16 2018

What is most valuable?

Its integration with different apps is a great feature. Also, for a deconstructed environment, bots, GIFs and customizable emojis are a great fun for the IT team!

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitively made an improvement on our productivity. Information does not got lost in hundreds of less important messages. If you want something about a specific topic, you just go to that channel, scroll a bit, and eventually you will find it.

What needs improvement?

Slack could add additional and better integrations. There is a lot of room for improvement here. Also, notifications are not as good as they could be (especially for mobile).
Suleman Ahmad
User
Mar 14 2019

What is most valuable?

In my opinion, the integrations feature is the most powerful feature because some issues are of immediate priority and we want to get the notification promptly, and through the Jira plug-in, we are getting those.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we were using Skype and HipChat, but the issue was we had bad notifications systems, so that's why we shifted to Slack.

What needs improvement?

I think the login feature needs to be improved most because I've been having an issue with logging in to the desktop app for more than six months, but still, it's not been resolved.
Wezen
Semantic Asset Management at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Nov 13 2018

What do you think of Slack?

What is our primary use case?

I use it every time. For professional and personal use. Their integration is a game changer, and the UX is really great.

How has it helped my organization?

Process made easy Collaboration between teams increased Productivity is now largely increased: top.

What is most valuable?

Integration with Phantombuster, Box, and many many more.  Now, teams can do much more and proactively with Slack.

What needs improvement?

We can't improve the perfection.  The pricing is OK. The UX is wonderful. They could improve the calling quality.

Three to five years.
Manager, Live Production at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 07 2018

What do you think of Slack?

What is most valuable?

Overall, it is a good idea as it works better than most solutions out there.

What needs improvement?

The mobile function is horrible.

Notifications rarely show up. Either messages will not send or they will send twice.

What other advice do I have?

The mobile app needs improvement. It consistently misses notifications.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Slack

377,828 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Slack Questions

What is Slack?

Slack is where work happens. It’s a digital workspace that powers your organization — all the pieces and the people — so you can get things done.

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It's real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Slack customers

Strava, The New York Times, Spotify, Blue Bottle Coffee Company, Eventbrite, Box, Circa, Stripe

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Enterprise Social Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook, and more!