SoapUI Pro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SoapUI Pro is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Regression Testing Tools. It is most often compared to ReadyAPI: SoapUI Pro vs ReadyAPI

What is SoapUI Pro?
For REST, SOAP and other popular API and IoT protocols, SoapUI NG Pro provides the industry's most comprehensive and easy-to-learn functional testing capabilities. Based on open core technology proven by millions of community members, SoapUI NG Pro helps you ensure that your APIs perform as intended, meet your business requirements, timeframes, and team skill sets right from day one.

SoapUI Pro is also known as SoapUI NG Pro.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

SoapUI Pro Customers
Apple, Cisco, FedEx, eBay, Microsoft, MasterCard, Pfizer, Nike, Oracle, Volvo, Lufthansa, Disney, HP, Intel, U.S. Air Force, Schindler
SoapUI Pro Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SoapUI Pro pricing:
  • "We have team members who are working in shifts, and it is not possible for us to utilize a single license on a single piece of hardware so that multiple team members can use it. We have to take out multiple licenses for each team member."
  • "My understanding is that the pricing is okay, however, that's taken care of by our procurement team. It's around $5,000 for three years."
  • "The Pro version can be expensive for some companies. There are no costs in addition to the licensing fees."
  • "I think the number of users is also limited, considering how much we pay."
  • "The cost is not that bad."

VishalPatil
Architect at Cognizant
Has out-of-the-box database support and can be easily used by non-technical staff

What is our primary use case?

Most of our automation is for REST API, and it involves requested response validation, database validation, and some level of UI automation/validation. The UI is done using Selenium, and SoapUI Pro is used for database validation and file-based validation.

• "The out-of-the-box support for the database is a valuable feature."
  • "It is limited to scope and risk services only. It does have some support for JMS, but it is not out-of-the-box; you have to do some tweaks here and there."

What other advice do I have?

Your choice totally depends on what kind of scope you have. If it is just limited to SOAP and REST services, then SoapUI Pro is the best option. Also, the cost is very much less compared to those of other solutions, for example, DevTest, which is the most expensive tool on the market. I would recommend that if you have any SOAP or REST service automation requirements that you should try out ReadyAPI, which has an evaluation version of SoapUI for 30 days. You could try it, and if you feel that it is a good fit for your automation requirements, then you should definitely think of SoapUI Pro. I…
SA
Senior QA Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up, great for testing APIs and is very easy to understand

What is our primary use case?

Currently, I'm using this solution to test the API email applications Usually, our clients are in IT. They have web services - more than 300 web services. We are calling those web services in our front-end applications. In order to verify the actual values from the web service, we use SoapUI to connect with the current client endpoint.

• "The solution scales well."
  • "Occasionally, when you are saving, the solution can hang."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is stored on the database. For individuals, this solution is great. For teams that would like to collaborate, it's likely not an ideal option. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very happy with its capabilities.
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SS
Lead QA Analyst at Loomis Express
Good usability and reliability, but needs scripting consistency and more features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for testing SOAP protocol API. We also started with the REST API recently. We use it to manually test as well as to automate a few API calls.

• "It clearly makes it easy to test APIs based on the SOAP protocol. We are a logistics company, and we have lots of tracking calls coming in. We provide APIs for tracking services, and it makes sense for us to use SoapUI to test them thoroughly."
  • "There are no bugs or glitches, but a few features available only in the Pro version could be made available in the open-source version. Some of the features do not necessarily need to be only available to Pro users. The data generator would be really useful for the open-source version users."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it to others. It is super easy to master once you know what you need to do. I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.
SR
Middleware Technical Analyst at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
An open source solution for mocking, load testing and developing

• "It's a very simple solution to use."
  • "If the load and bare minimum could be defined, I would give this solution a higher rating."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SoapUI Pro a rating of eight. If the load and bare minimum could be defined, I would give this solution a higher rating. I don't expect a huge level of information, but at least a high level of information. Overall, I think this solution is very cool and easy-to-use.
Andrew Kemboi
Digital Bank-QA and DevOps Lead at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use solution for API testing with lots of support online, but the automation needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for API testing.

• "The most valuable features are that it is user-friendly, it's easy to use and easy to teach to others."
  • "We tried automation but it's not easy to integrate with the synching and some of the mission tools that we use for automated testing of APIs."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. You should proceed and know that communication is very easy to use, and it's user-friendly. There is a lot of support online. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
BD
Senior Test Manager at a logistics company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Flexible, with great API speed and offers very good integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for automatic testing and API testing.

• "The solution offers excellent integration capabilities."
  • "Stability has been an issue for us. It needs to be looked at and made a bit better."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a special relationship with the company in any way. The solution is quite good. I'd rate it overall an eight on a scale of ten. I'd recommended it. One of the main things that's great is the excellent integration into the DevOps tool-chain and the reuse of code between SoapUI and LoadUI.
TatyanaPytel
Project Manager at Atlant Inc.
A user-friendly interface and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We were using this solution for unit testing.

What is most valuable?

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The documentation needs to be improved because the interface is not easy for a first-time user. It would be better if the price of this solution was lowered.

We used SoapUI Pro for about two months. The last time we used it was six months ago.

We were in contact with technical support and they were useful. We are satisfied with the support.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and my advice is to try it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Parasoft, Micro Focus, and more!