SolarWinds Web Help Desk OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SolarWinds Web Help Desk is the #28 ranked solution in our list of top Help Desk Software. It is most often compared to ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus: SolarWinds Web Help Desk vs ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

What is SolarWinds Web Help Desk?

SolarWinds Web Help Desk simplifies service management with unified ticketing, asset, knowledge, and change management. Key features include:

1. Maintain asset inventory by managing the use, availability, and health of IT assets, and tracking this over time.
  2. Control change management, It regulates and manages change requests through automated approval workflows and panel voting options.
  3. Employs robust reporting and monitoring using a built-in reports and dashboards to track ticket status, technician performance, and customer support needs.
  4. Automate ticketing management that Automate service request management through ticket creation, assignment, routing, and escalation.
  5. Centralize your knowledge management, Leverage a built-in help desk knowledge base to create and maintain KB articles and promote end-user self-service for common issues.
  6. Meet your SLAs, it has "SLA breach approaching" notifications and date-specific SLA reminder alerts that help customize escalation and de-escalation workflows.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

SolarWinds Web Help Desk Customers

Instacart

SolarWinds Web Help Desk Video

Archived SolarWinds Web Help Desk Reviews (more than two years old)

SoheylNorozi
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good support for asset management, but the GUI is old-fashioned and needs updating

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the assets management module."
  • "This solution needs to have mobile application support added."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we provide to our customers.

This solution is primarily used as a ticketing system, and for asset management.

The deployment model varies based on the customer's requirements, although most of the deployments are on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the assets management module. They correlate the assets with the user, and you can see the history of each asset, each transaction, and each feature for every individual user.

The system can automatically create scheduled tasks, for example, maintenance every month or every week, based on tickets.

What needs improvement?

The GUI for this solution can be better.

This solution needs to have mobile application support added.

I have been using this solution for around two years.

I have used this solution in production environments and it is stable.

In my experience, I have used this solution in SMBs and large corporations, but I am not sure if it is enterprise-grade. For SMBs and large businesses, it is fine.

There are two types of users for this solution. There are technicians and there are end-users. My customers have medium-sized teams who use this solution, and it depends on their requirements.

I normally get my support for this solution from the community. There are references available on the internet. I have not contacted technical support.

I have experience with other solutions such as ManageEngine, but I choose the product which best matches the requirements.

There is a setup wizard that takes you through the installation, step-by-step, and you can do it on your own without any special knowledge.

The implementation then requires time and tuning according to the project requirements. This includes integrating other applications that you may have, setting up your procedures, assets, and users. I categorize these items as an orientation process, and it takes a little bit of time to complete.

The application will be online in about thirty minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, but the GUI is really old-fashion and needs to be updated. I can use it, and it meets my requirements, but I expect it to be better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Founder Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Ticket management and dashboards are valuable. It integrates with other SolarWinds products.

What is most valuable?

• User interface
  • Ticket management, including assigning techies, workflows, opening & closing of tickets, and the knowledge base
  • Asset management
  • Ticket dashboards

How has it helped my organization?

The ease of integration between various aspects like network management and asset management.

What needs improvement?

Dashboards need some amount of work to be done. Ease of customization is desired.

I have used it for over two years.

I have not encountered any deployment issues; it was very straightforward.

I have not encountered any scalability issues. The solution scales well; currently is working for 60 help desk technicians (IT and non-IT) for over 2,000 users. IT technicians are from four domains: LAN, WAN, security, and desktops. Non-IT technicians include groups like admin, gate pass support, and facilities.

Customer service is fairly good.

Technical support is good.

We previously used a home-grown solution that was replaced, owing to a lack of development effort.

Initial setup was very straightforward. We just needed to plan our deployment well to ensure that we don't encounter pitfalls going ahead.

It is one of the simplest licensing mechanisms and probably reasonable.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options. We chose SolarWinds WHD to ensure a tight integration with other SolarWinds solutions like NPM, SAM, etc.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a SolarWinds authorized partner.