SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Overview

SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Advanced Threat Protection tools. It is most often compared to Palo Alto Networks WildFire: SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection vs Palo Alto Networks WildFire

What is SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection?

SonicWall Capture, a cloud based service available with SonicWall firewalls, revolutionizes advanced threat detection and sandboxing with a multi-engine approach to stopping unknown and zero-day attacks at the gateway, and with automated remediation. Customers benefit from high security effectiveness, fast response times and reduced total cost of ownership.

SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Buyer's Guide

Download the SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Customers

Wonder Cement, Foster Clark Products

SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection pricing:
  • "When you compare it with other solutions, they are cheaper and more economical."
  • "We get our value for our money."
  • "It's thirty dollars per user and we have 30 users."

SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Reviews

Timothy Bolger
Infrastructure Consultant at Techtonics
Mar 14, 2019
Enables us to select the file if it's malicious and see what triggered it

• "The reporting that you get from it is the most valuable feature. You can see it via the appliance itself, and also via the MySonicWall account for the registered device. You are able to select the file if it's malicious, and you can select it in the reporting and see what triggered it, and things like that. I found that to be quite useful."
  • "Having an on-premise solution as well would be an option for some people, but they'll want to use a cloud solution for their sandboxing. Certain sites would want to keep all the checks done on an on-premise appliance. All the checking, rather than sending that up into a cloud engine."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Whether it's the SonicWall solution or a competitive product, firewall product solution that has a similar sandboxing type of thing has become quite an essential part of a security footprint. I would recommend clients utilize technology as part of their assisted solution, whether it's SonicWall or it's Sophos or another competing product. They're strong for the small and medium business. They can scale up into the medium enterprise market. They have a strong suite of products. We use the firewall product across all our line of people, and we've had pretty good…
Katlego Phogole
Business Solutions Consultant at Call IT Services
Aug 5, 2019
Protects against zero-day threats and has good automation options

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients.

• "I like this setup for a firewall. You can set things up very easily and you can automate items as well. It's a very robust firewall solution for enterprise as well as small businesses."
  • "I would say the solution needs a much simpler user interface, but the functionality of the firewall is quite extensive. You need the user interface to be that way. However, if there was a way to make the user interface a little easier, that would be great."

What other advice do I have?

We work with the on-premises version of the solution. I would recommend the solution. It works for all sizes of business and they have different versions of the firewall for different sizes of companies. They have TZ400 for larger companies. It goes up depending on the scale of the business you are trying to implement it into. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet and others in Advanced Threat Protection. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1211259
System Administrator at a construction company with 11-50 employees
Oct 30, 2019
Has application policies that block certain websites and allow bandwidth for others

What is our primary use case?

I'm a systems administrator and we use the product as an application filter, mainly to provide protection, blocking unwanted websites and for security purposes. I can't comment on the number of our clients using the solution, it's against our company policy.

• "Provides good protection and security."
  • "Could provide online training to allow customers to learn more about the product."

What other advice do I have?

We use Cloud as our deployment model. I would rate this product an eight out of 10.
ITSuperv67
IT Supervisor at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 15, 2019
Has prevented any security breaches or crashes and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for a firewall and to build VPN services.

• "The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any breaches or crashes. It's been very stable for us."
  • "If anything at all, it would be some very minor updates that need to be done, but in terms of changes, nothing comes to mind."

What other advice do I have?

We only use SonicWall for our protection. We don't use any other solutions. For the past four and a half years, we haven't had any breaches or issues of any kind. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
MuraliGovindarajan
Senior Manager - Information Technology at Bahrain Kuwait Insurance
Sep 26, 2019
When compared to other solutions, it is cheaper and more economical

What is our primary use case?

We are migrating our firewall to the latest version: NSA 4650. We use this solution on cloud.

• "We get alert messages whenever there is a new threat. We are notified at the firewall level that things are blocked, which keeps us in our comfort zone."
  • "SonicWall should promote their roadmap and improve their marketing to customers."
  • "We would like to get immediate alerts from the alerting system without using third-parties."
Reggie Viljoen
IT Administrator at Sandton Radiology
Sep 29, 2019
Stable and reliably secures us against incoming threats

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is threat protection, securing ourselves from any incoming threats. The deployment model we are using is on-premises.

• "The ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) on scanning is the most valuable feature."
  • "The setup needs improvement. It needs to be made more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

We do not have a business relationship with SonicWall, we are customers. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
MohammadAta
Technical Manager, NOC at TEXUM JORDAN
MSP
Jan 30, 2020
Has a good configuration but the price should be more competitive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for security.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution but the price is high. It also has an easy configuration. The feedback that we get from our customers is that it's a good product. Our customers are mostly smaller enterprises.

What needs improvement?

The price should be more competitive.  I would like to have better documentation before starting with deployment because the deployment is a bit complex.

We have been using SonicWall for the last three to four months.

We haven't needed to contact customer support.

The setup is complex. It takes around one day and two people to…