Roy Haddad
Director at FOXMINDS Solutions LLC
Effective content filtering, interface easy to navigate, and excellent customer support

• "The most valuable features have been content filtering, and the interface is easy to navigate and to use."
  • "The log sections could be done more clearly."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for internet access, content filtering, point-to-point tunnels, and bandwidth management.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The log sections could be done more clearly.

I would like there to be the ability to manage content filtering on a per-user basis or by using the application as we normally would for all users. Currently, it is applied to a group of users and I do not think it is reliable or performing as good as it should.

I have been using this solution for approximately 12 years.

I have found this solution reliable and stable.

The solution is scalable. Our client's user usage sizes vary. We have clients with five to 200 users using the solution. The number of connections is not limited and there is always room for expansion.

The technical support is excellent.

We previously used Microsoft before SonicWall. We switched because this solution has more features, such as embedded content filtering.

The initial setup is easy.

If you are not using a vendor or implementation team it can take a maximum of three hours for a medium-size company of 50 users.

The price is fair for the solution for the quality you receive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it is easy to use and the configuration is simple.

I rate SonicWall TZ an eight out of ten.

ON
Diretor Comercial at a retailer with 1-10 employees
Very stable, good support, easy to configure, and useful for content filtering and defining application rules

• "Content filtering and application rules are the most valuable features. It is also easy to configure."
  • "Its pricing can be better. It is very expensive."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for VPN, firewall, antivirus, and content filtering purposes. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Content filtering and application rules are the most valuable features. It is also easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing can be better. It is very expensive.

I have been using this solution for around ten years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. I didn't have any issues with scalability. Our clients are small organizations with 20 to 40 users.

Their technical support is very good. I also like its documentation, which is easy to access.

Our clients have been using different solutions, such as pfSense, and they migrate to SonicWall TZ because it has more security.

Its initial setup is simple. The duration depends on the number of users and configuration, but it usually takes around 12 hours. We have three or four people for its deployment.

Its price is very high, which makes it difficult to convince the clients to buy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for implementing security. I am satisfied with this solution. It meets our expectations.

I would rate SonicWall TZ a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SonicWall TZ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MB
Owner at IT CARE
Good management console and we are happy with the throughput

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and the SonicWall TZ firewall is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We also use it for our company.

What is most valuable?

We are familiar with the console and it is good to work with. We are very happy with the throughput.

What needs improvement?

We have been facing issues with reporting. We use to have a free tool for reporting, but now there is a licensing fee.

I have been using SonicWall TZ for the past eight years.

I would say that SonicWall TZ is stable, as we have not had many issues with it.

We have not needed to scale.  We regularly…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

We are familiar with the console and it is good to work with.

We are very happy with the throughput.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SonicWall TZ for the past eight years.

We have not needed to scale.

We regularly have between 60 and 70 users in our company. Our customers for this product are small and medium-sized businesses.

We are very much happy with the support.

We do not often need technical support, but it is available from the local distributor or through the SonicWall portal.

In the future, we will be looking for a cloud-based replacement for this device.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that we recommend, and also suggest that people upgrade their old devices to this model.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

JP
Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
A scalable product that is designed well, easy to set up, and has good technical support

• "The most valuable features are security and technical support."
  • "The monitoring is a little bit confusing."

What is our primary use case?

This firewall makes up part of our security solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security and technical support.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is of this solution is high and could be reduced to make it more competitive.

The monitoring is a little bit confusing.

I have been using SonicWall TZ for three years.

We have had no problems with stability.

This is a nice product in terms of scalability.

The technical support is good. If I call on the helpline then a technical person will assist us.

The initial setup is very easy. If a person knows some networking and about access levels then they will be able to configure it.

The price is high compared to some other solutions.

My license is about to expire and I am currently searching for a new solution. As we expand and open new offices, I am looking to change the whole setup.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a very good product and I recommend it.

PB
WCOIL/IT Department at Lima Central Catholic
Real-time bandwidth monitoring, website blacklisting, and IE Intrusion prevention

• "It lets me monitor in live time if someone is 'hogging' bandwidth."
  • "I would like to see lower antivirus pricing."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is as a Network Firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution protects the network. It lets me monitor in live time if someone is 'hogging' bandwidth. It lets me block websites, and the list goes on.

It is a very nice tool to have on the school network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are for the protection of data, and IE Intrusion on the network.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see lower antivirus pricing.  So far I haven't found any situation that I needed anything else added/included.

I have been using this solution for five years.

Good

Good

Always very good!

No, have always used Sonic Wall here.

Straight forward.  Had an existing Sonicwall.

In house.

Easy setup, good support, reasonable pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Very satisified.

Google
Pedro Escalona
Executive at BRIES COMSYS
A user-friendly security solution with a useful interface

• "We like their interface very much. It's pretty easy to use."
  • "There is a point I don't like about SonicWall in the past and now. Most of the destinations we look at when we're detecting some user using too much bandwidth or something like that, SonicWall just gave us destination IP address, instead of the full qualified domain name. I think that's the most important part that is still missing. I think that's the most important for us."

What is our primary use case?

We use SonicWall directly with on-premise site filtering and BPM. Now we're using monitoring tools from SonicWall to get control of the clientside and help them remotely. That's most of the cases we are using.

What is most valuable?

We like their interface very much. It's pretty easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There is a point I don't like about SonicWall in the past and now. Most of the destinations we look at when we're detecting some user using too much bandwidth or something like that, SonicWall just gave us the destination IP address instead of the full qualified domain name. I think that's the most important part that is still missing. I think that's the most important thing for us.

The fully qualified domain name is very good flexible information. We can detect issues on each page, so we don't have to wonder a lot about other tools. It would also help if there was a simple way to log in the users, which is one login from Windows Active Directory, without having to deploy patch information or using external tools like SSO.

I have been using SonicWall TZ for about ten years now.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SonicWall TZ a nine.

AR
VP of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to install, scales well, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We use SonicWall TZ as our perimeter gateway, similar to an internet gateway.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with other platforms. The flexibility can also be improved and it could be more user-friendly.

I have been using SonicWall TZ for a couple of years.

SonicWall TZ is a stable product.

It is a scalable product. We have more than 40 people in our organization who are using this solution.

Technical support is good. We have no issues with the technical support.

The initial setup was…

What is our primary use case?

We use SonicWall TZ as our perimeter gateway, similar to an internet gateway.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with other platforms.

The flexibility can also be improved and it could be more user-friendly.

I have been using SonicWall TZ for a couple of years.

SonicWall TZ is a stable product.

Technical support is good. We have no issues with the technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy to install SonicWall TZ.

The time it takes to deploy is based on the clients requirement.

We have one or two technical engineers to maintain this solution. Developers are not required.

We completed the installation ourselves. We did contact an integrator or vendor team, we are consultants.

Customers are required to pay for a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate SonicWall TZ a ten out of ten.

AM
Creative Head/Director at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
A stable and scalable solution which boasts knowledgeable tech support, good performance and ease of use

What is our primary use case?

We use only the latest version.  We use the solution for CFS, app control and in respect of integrated IAD users.

What is most valuable?

The solution boasts good performance and is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution should provide some additional ports. Currently, we have only four to five of these.

We have been using SonicWall TZ for around five to six years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Tech support is knowledgeable when it comes to clarifying a technical issue.

What is our primary use case?

We use only the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The solution boasts good performance and is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We have been using SonicWall TZ for around five to six years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Tech support is knowledgeable when it comes to clarifying a technical issue.

Installation takes a maximum of 30 minutes. There is a default template.

One only need register the firewall, upgrade the latest firmware and select that template. It will automatically configure the template.

We have two teams that are responsible for the deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

We have around 20 clients making use of the solution.

We purchase the firewalls, distribute and implement them for our clients. We are implementers.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate SonicWall TZ as a ten out of ten.

Product Categories
Firewalls
Download our free SonicWall TZ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.