Web Application Firewall (WAF) Questions
Oct 04 2020
There are so many products in the market today. Who are we going to be talking about 3-5 years from now?
It seems that there is some overlap between these two types of solutions - how do Bot Managers and WAF differ? How can they work together to improve security?
Today I use Fortinet for both VPN SSL and WEB SSL. I'm considering returning to Citrix (Netscaler) but the products have changed so much that I no longer know what each one is for.
Is Citrix ADC a good solution for web app firewall? App delivery management? Gateway? There are so many out there, I'm not sure which is right. Fortinet seems to be used more by communications people. Citrix seems more for administrators.
Is a WAF the best defense against a DDos attack? What are the most effective ways of protecting a business against DDoS attacks?
F5 Silverline vs Imperva on Gartner Magic Quadrant: Why is F5 regressing while Imperva consolidates its leading position?
My company has 18,000 employees.
I am busy comparing WAF solutions for a retail e-commerce site. Our strategic choice is to orient us towards a SaaS solution.
I have shortlisted F5 Silverline and Imperva.I'm trying to identify what justifies the decline of F5 in the Gartner Magic Quadrant:
- F5 is "leader" in 2017
- F5 is between "leader" and "challenger" in 2018
- F5 is "challenger" in 2019
- Meanwhile Akamai and imperva have consolidated leading positions
What are the reasons for this decline ?
I am a Sales Director at a company with less than 1,000 employees.
I am researching Web Application Firewalls (WAF). I am considering R&S (DenyAll) and Imperva. Which would you recommend?
Are there others I should consider?
I am the CTO for a large multi-specialty private hospital.
We are currently researching WAF solutions. Which WAF solution would you recommend with no heritage for subscription charges? We are a hospital with many web apps that need to be published soon and quickly. We have decent internet access. There could be 100 to 125 concurrent sessions.
Thanks! I appreciate your help.
Product CategoriesWeb Application Firewall (WAF)
Download our free Web Application Firewall (WAF) Report and find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, Fortinet, Imperva, and more!
- Which WAF solution would you recommend to cater to 100 to 125 concurrent sessions?
- Which lesser known firewall product has the best chance at unseating the market leaders?
- What's right for me? Fortinet or Citrix?
- How does a WAF help to protect against DDoS attacks?
- Which Web Application Firewall (WAF) would you recommend? R&S or Imperva?
- What is a Bot Manager? How does it differ from WAF?
- F5 Silverline vs Imperva on Gartner Magic Quadrant: Why is F5 regressing while Imperva consolidates its leading position?