Sophos Email Appliance [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Sophos Email Appliance [EOL]?

Sophos' purpose-built secure email gateway is an all-in-one solution for email encryption, DLP, anti-spam and threat protection. It provides advanced protection from today’s sophisticated spear phishing attacks and gives you full control over data leaving your organization via email.

Sophos Email Appliance [EOL] was previously known as Email Appliance.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Sophos Email Appliance [EOL] Customers

Investors Savings Bank

Sophos Email Appliance [EOL] Video

Sophos Email Appliance [EOL] Reviews

KS
Senior Security Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to install and secures users against URL relay attacks, spam, and malicious attachments

• "The most valuable feature is the URL relay protection because it protects users from phishing attacks."
  • "In the next release of this solution, I would like to see more user awareness, such as information about phishing email attacks that have been prevented."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and we work with many different solutions, including the Sophos Email Appliance. We currently have a couple of customers who use Sophos.

This solution is for the secure delivery of inbound email. There are various use cases including checking email against spam, DNS or configuration related issues, and spoofing-related security issues. It also checks URL in emails, as well as for malicious attachments. All of these things are checked before the email is delivered to the user.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The frequency in which this solution receives technical updates should be improved. If they are to be rated as the number one email appliance then they should also be the first to receive updates. It should happen across all of the customers, immeidately.

The baselining and reporting is better with some of the competing solutions.

We have been dealing with the Sophos Email Appliance for more than a year.

This is a very stable solution.

Being cloud-based, the email appliance is very scalable.

I have been part of the implementation team for this solution, and once that is complete, we hand it over to the managed services team. We have never had issues that required contacting support.

We have implemented the Sophos Email Appliance for clients, but we have also deployed similar solutions by Mimecast and Proofpoint. These products have some easy-to-go connectors with Office 365.

The initial setup is straightforward. The time required for setup and deployment is between five and seven working days.

We have our own teams in-house for implementation, deployment, and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that every organization should select an email security appliance, based on their requirements. Even if they are using Microsoft Office 360 Protection, they should still be using a cloud-based email security solution because there are some specific security rules and controls that are applied through these appliances.

Private Cloud

Other
RB
Co-Founder at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good security and an interface that makes it easy to configure and administer

• "The interface makes it really easy to administer and configure."
  • "The reporting functionality is in major need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the Sophos Email Appliance is messaging security. We implement this solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The interface makes it really easy to administer and configure.

The most valuable feature is the security that it offers.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality is in major need of improvement.

I have been working with the Sophos Email Appliance for more than two years.

In terms of stability, this is a good product.

Our clients are enterprise-level companies and one of them has 2,500 users.

Sophos technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward and pretty easy.

We are a Sophos partner in our country and we do the installations of this solution for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this solution is easy to handle. It's pretty good in terms of security, and the only place where it lags is in reporting. So, if security is the main concern then this is a product that I would highly recommend, but if reporting is important then a different solution should be considered.