CB
Head-Information Technology at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Utilizes machine learning functionality and provides good cloud-based administration

• "The most valuable features are the anti-ransomware engine, deep learning, web filtering, and the cloud manageability."
  • "I would like to have a built-in firewall, rather than having to integrate one."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a built-in firewall, rather than having to integrate one. Having both a personal firewall and an endpoint firewall would be an improvement. It does have firewall monitoring capability but it is integrated with the Windows firewall. Having their own endpoint firewall would be better.

We have been working with Sophos Intercept X for about two weeks.

With respect to stability, given that we have only been using it for a couple of weeks, it is too early to tell. That said, we have not experienced any issues so far.

Scalability has not been a problem.

I have not had any issues, yet, that necessitated contacting technical support.

Prior to Sophos, we were using a product by Symantec. The first difference is the deep learning or machine learning aspect. The second is the cloud administration capabilities. They both support cloud but the administration is better in Sophos.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I find the pricing to be a little bit expensive, although it is acceptable, for now.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the company and its environment, but for a company like us, I recommend Sophos.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

AbedEl-HamidAl-Wahidy
Technical Support at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Smart protection and machine learning capabilities are good

What is our primary use case?

We currently have about 13 staff using Intercept X. We use it to secure and protect our devices as well as monitor projects and do some product reviews. You can also use it to block devices as needed, like if you just want to block a work point category.

What is most valuable?

Intercept X's smart prevention it's very good as so are its machine learning capabilities for troubleshooting channels and files.

What needs improvement?

Intercept X needs more reporting and device management features, so I can get messages from PCs that let me know if I need to do something with them. For example, they could add a report that shows me the versions of the devices on the infrastructure server, so I can make sure all the devices are updated.

For how long have

What needs improvement?

I've used Intercept X for three years.

Intercept X is good in terms of both performance and stability. It's not constantly updating the device or using up too many resources.

I would say that Intercept X is easy to scale.

Sophos support is very good. I don't talk to them that much, though. I can usually handle everything because it's not complicated. However, in the past, I have contacted support because there were some features I didn't know how to use or configure.

The setup was simple. I deployed this by myself. Though my team and I got some help from the vendor for new features that I didn't know about.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Intercept X eight out of 10

Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vuli Moyo
IT Technician at Zimbabwe School of MInes
A scalable, stable and easily installable solution

• "The solution is scalable."
  • "Through Sophos Central I would like to see the ability to zero in and produce a report about the challenges being faced by a particular machine and user, to know if a virus is appearing only on that specific machine or also on others."

What is our primary use case?

I am not in the office at the moment and would have to check which version we are using.

What is most valuable?

We have a firewall, for which we will be adding support and integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Through Sophos Central I would like to see the ability to zero in and produce a report about the challenges being faced by a particular machine and user, to know if a virus is appearing only on that specific machine or also on others. This way I could know if a virus or issue is a result of an identifiable program that the user may have downloaded.

Also, while the tamper protection is a very good feature, it requires of me to first login to Sophos Central and then look for the Sophos protection password for the particular machine I wish to use. While this is definitely good, this could pose an issue when the internet connection is not working up to speed, something which is occasionally problematic for some of us here in Africa.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for three years.

From what I can observe, I would say that the solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

You provide us with technical support through our partner relationship.

The initial set up for me was not an issue. I found it to be simple and straightforward, although I cannot recall how long it took, as it has been a while.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as a ten out of ten.

SS
Cyber Security Analyst at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Plenty of features, effective ransomware protection, and good interface

• "The most valuable feature is the CryptoGuard in Sophos. In a case of a ransomware attack, this feature comes into action to protect us."

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed Sophos Intercept X in our environment, both on desktop as well as server environments. We have set up policies in Sophos. For example, there is a web console that can allow or block websites, and you choose what peripheral control you want your desktop environment to connect to.

We use threat protection and we configure the settings to what we want to enable or disable on a particular device. If a device had a threat on it we can disable the device.

The application control allows us to limit the application that users can install on their devices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the CryptoGuard in Sophos. In a case of a ransomware attack, this feature comes into action to protect us. Additionally, the under interface, customization, and integration are very good.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 450 users in my organization.

The technical support is good.

You are able to purchase more licenses for the number of devices or servers that you require.

There are many other features available but our license does not include them, such as XDR, which is endpoint detection and response. We have not explored the new features as of yet but plan to in the coming future.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of ten.

GL
    Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to configure, good threat detection capability, and the support is perfect

• "This solution is easy to configure."
    • "The endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology has room for improvement because the information that it gives us to resolve our problems is poor nowadays."

What is our primary use case?

This product is primarily used for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the threat detection capability.

This solution is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

The endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology has room for improvement because the information that it gives us to resolve our problems is poor nowadays. It's not sufficient.

I would like to see remote desktop support. For example, if you have a problem with your device, maybe the support team can log in and help to fix the problem using a remote connection.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for the past year and a half, and have just renewed my subscription for another year.

Stability-wise, Sophos Intercept X is good. I have not experienced any bugs or problems with it.

The scalability is very good. We have 130 users.

I would rate the technical support and ten out of ten. They are perfect.

The initial setup is easy.

I deployed this product myself and the process took about two months.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is that it is easy to implement, quick to deploy, and has a lot of tools to detect malicious behavior. I can recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

WK
    Manager at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    The setup was simple, the EDR could be improved, and perhaps the user interface.

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for software protection.

What is most valuable?

It's quite simple to use and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The EDR could be improved, and perhaps the User Interface. EDR machine learning could be included.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X for about two years. It is the latest cloud version. We have about 200 people using it, daily. We are a Sophos customer.

It is a stable product.

It is reasonable scalable. So, somewhere in the middle in terms of scalability.

We have not needed to use support so far.

Which

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for software protection.

What is most valuable?

It's quite simple to use and user friendly.

It is a stable product.

It is reasonable scalable. So, somewhere in the middle in terms of scalability.

We have not needed to use support so far.

We have been using Sophos since day one.

The setup was simple. It took us about one day to set up and configure the software.

The setup was done internally. We also perform maintenance internally.

The pricing is average for software like this, but you can purchase additional services if you wish.

In the future, we may evaluate SentinelOne.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this to other users, and I would give the product 7 out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
    KC
    Administrator
    Good app control and threat protection

• "We find the app control and its threat protection to be the best features."
    • "The choices offered for the on-premises and cloud-based platforms are the reverse of each other."

What is most valuable?

We find the app control and its threat protection to be the best features.

What needs improvement?

The app control in respect of the user interface could be improved, The choices offered for the on-premises and cloud-based platforms are the reverse of each other, such as the one responsible for allowing or denying access. This can be confusing initially, even though I later discovered that it is possible to set it back.

We are happy with the solution's stability.

The solution is scalable. We continue to add devices to the several sites we have on it without any problem.

I haven't had much cause to deal with technical support, although we sometimes require this concerning the email component, particularly in respect of the relay to Office 365.

In our ten years we have not worked with another solution before using Sophos Intercept X.

The initial setup was easy.

While I do not have much experience dealing with the price, we have been entitled to a substantial discount on the solution in our use of it as an educational tool.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization has 1,500 end-users making use of the solution.

We require four to five administrators.

The solution sufficiently satisfies one's standard needs, including those of antivirus and app control.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as an eight out of ten.

EmanTaky
    Senior System Administrator at KnowledgeNet
    Stable and easy to use, and integrates with their on-premises firewall

• "It's a good antivirus software and has a lot of features. It now integrates with their on-premises firewall, which is perfect."
    • "The main real-time scanning takes most of the processing power of my notebook."

What is most valuable?

Their support is located in Egypt, so we like this aspect.

It is stable and easy to use as well.

What needs improvement?

The main real-time scanning is taking most of the processing power of my notebook. This is a big problem.

It would be nice if Sophos Intercept X could provide some of their other features for free. For example, when I wanted to add another feature, like zero-day attack, I was told that I would need to add the license.

Also, it would be good to have a lot more resources.

I've been using it for about four or five years.

It's a cloud-based solution.

The technical support staff are excellent.

I used Symantec antivirus, but when they ended the corporate product of Symantec, I was not able to contact them. It was very difficult to reach them and get support or purchase the antivirus, so I switched.

The installation is straightforward.

I deployed it myself with some technical support. They were able to provide what I needed.

What other advice do I have?

If I were to rate Sophos Intercept X on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at eight. I would recommend this solution.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.