AD
Engineering Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
A scalable, stable and easily installable solution offering comprehensive protection

• "Sophos Intercept X is a complete endpoint solution."
  • "It should offer better security updates."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to prevent ransomeware attacks and those from unknown sources.

What is most valuable?

Sophos Intercept X is a complete endpoint solution. It represents the combination of two products in one, offering the same configuration and management.

What needs improvement?

While the solution does not seem to lack any features, it should offer better security updates. It could be more secure, something which holds true for any solution.

Also, the support could be faster.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X over the course of the past year. While it is very new in my current company, we made use of it for four years in my previous one.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support could be faster.

We used Trend Micro and Symantec in the past.

The solution was installed together with Endpoint, as a single agent, meaning the licensing covers two products. Similar to Endpoint, the installation was very easy.

We have an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

We have 300 users making use of the solution.

I would definitely recommend its use to others.

SB
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward installation, secure, but could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is to block threats. It contains a quick queries engine that can help us figure out where all threats are coming from.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is that it is less hash-based than competitors.

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to have more functions and to be more user-friendly.  In the next release, the solution could have more use cases. For example, protection against ransomware.

I have used the solution for approximately one month.

I find the solution to be stable and secure. However, there are some operational issues with the hashing algorithm.

What do I

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to have more functions and to be more user-friendly.

I have used the solution for approximately one month.

We have 7000 uses in our organization using the solution.

I have used Falcon CrowdStrike and Kaspersky.

The installation of the solution is straightforward and took approximately two days for tuning.

The solution was deployed by the vendor team, using approximately three administrators.

The solution requires an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SD
Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Effective EDR, reliable, and scalable

• "I have found the most valuable feature to be the EDR."
  • "The solution is heavy in the usage of resources, you can notice the performance decrease. This should prove in the future."

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the EDR.

What needs improvement?

The solution is heavy in the usage of resources, you can notice the performance decrease. This should prove in the future.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable. We have multiple clients and have approximately 1,000 users using the solution.

We have not had a good experience with technical support. The quality of support we received was not what someone would expect from a leading solution provider.

We have used McAfee and Trend Micro previously. The customer's environment would determine what is the best option that we would recommend. For example, if the customer has a Sophos firewall and other Sophos products, then it would be better to go with Sophos Intercept X.

The price of this solution is a little high compared to competitors because they do not have a proper pricing structure.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

MF
Director at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Very stable although after-sales technical support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

We're currently implementing this solution in our company, but we generally implement it for our clients. I'm a director and we are resellers of Sophos Intercept X.

What is most valuable?

The product is very stable which is great.

What needs improvement?

The after sales service and support could be improved, particularly on the technical side. The solution has room for additional features.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The product is stable, although one of my clients suffered a bit from downtime. The clients are happy with it.

We purchase different boxes according to the…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The product is very stable which is great.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for two years.

We purchase different boxes according to the needs of the client, because every single box  has a limitation on number of users. The lowest one, which is 110, supports up to 20 users, 10 to 20 users. 125 supports around 30 users and so on. Most of our clients are medium and enterprise size companies.

I'd like to see the price lowered.

What other advice do I have?

Although this is quite an expensive solution when you compare it to products like Automate or Cisco, Sophos does better on pricing.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

JK
Technical Manager at Digital World
Comparable pricing, stable and scalable, easy to install

What is most valuable?

This solution can be used with any device including mobiles, desktops, or any appliances.

What needs improvement?

When I use a proxy, I can bypass Sophos, which is an area that needs improvement.

We have been providing this solution for one year.

It's a stable product.

It's scalable. We have 50 customers.

Technical support should be faster.

The initial setup is straightforward. The installation is easy, and it's faster than SAP. Sophos Intercept can be deployed in a couple of minutes. It will take one hour to deploy it…

What needs improvement?

We have been providing this solution for one year.

It's a stable product.

It's scalable. We have 50 customers.

Technical support should be faster.

Sophos Intercept can be deployed in a couple of minutes.

It will take one hour to deploy it for a firewall, and only 15 minutes for the endpoint protection.

We need one engineer to deploy this solution.

The price is okay. It's comparable with other solutions.

You can purchase a license for one to three years.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I have no issues with this solution, I would rate it a nine out of ten.

AM
Creative Head/Director at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
Easy to install, but has slow performance and response time

• "The solution is easy to install."
  • "The performance is very slow and should be faster."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is useful for protecting against ransomware and malwares.

What needs improvement?

The performance is very slow and should be faster.

Data resources will be consumed, affecting the performance, when there is a concurrent login involving a server with multiple RDP users.

The installation of the solution will start the 17 services involved.

While the tech support is knowledgeable, it's response time should be faster, as it will only get back to us the day after raising a ticket.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X for around two years.

Technical support, while knowledgeable, is not adequately responsive, as it will take a day from when the ticket was raised to receive a response. This needs improving.

The solution is easy to install. Downloading time takes only 15 minutes.

Our technical team consists of a team leader, team manager and administrators.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has around 60 licenses.

It is cloud-based.

We have around 10 clients making use of the solution.

We would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as a seven out of ten.

JS
eResearch Solution Architect at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
A good heuristics solution

• "I consider the heuristics to be most valuable, the fact that the solution does not work solely on signatures."
  • "We are considering switching from this solution as a result of the closer integration needed between the firewall systems and the EDR."

What is most valuable?

I consider the heuristics to be most valuable, the fact that the solution does not work solely on signatures.

What needs improvement?

We are considering switching from this solution as a result of the closer integration needed between the firewall systems and the EDR.

We are not talking about issues with the installation, documentation or interface, but with the existing combination between Sophos Intercept X and our firewalls. This is why we are considering other options.

Moreover, the solution does not offer support for a legacy SAN. However, as this is a legacy issue, it will likely resolve itself eventually.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for close to 15 years.

The stability is fine.

We have had no problems with technical support.

The installation was fine.

As I am not responsible for paying the bills I cannot comment on the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would never rate a solution as a ten out of ten, so I give Sophos Intercept X a rating of eight.

Amir Kasem
Technical manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Offers very good performance and has great features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for securing the endpoints or endpoint users and Sophos servers.

What is most valuable?

This solution offers very good performance and it has great features.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more integration in the solution.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable.

Customer service is good, they're knowledgeable and customer friendly. They provide good support.

We don't install Intercept X in all devices, we do it for…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This solution offers very good performance and it has great features.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more integration in the solution.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable.

We don't install Intercept X in all devices, we do it for ourselves and the customers do their own deployment. It took around two hours for implementation within the company.

There is an annual license fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and rate it an eight out of 10.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.