Sophos Intercept X OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos Intercept X is the #5 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Sophos Intercept X vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

What is Sophos Intercept X?

Sophos Intercept X stops the widest range of attacks with a unique combination of deep learning malware detection, exploit prevention, anti-ransomware, and more.

Sophos Intercept X is also known as Intercept X.

Sophos Intercept X Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos Intercept X Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Sophos Intercept X Customers
Flexible Systems
Sophos Intercept X Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Alex Clerici
System Integrator IT Manager at Tecnimex srl
It is very stable and I like the monitoring I get over my clients

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to offer a complete and monitored solution regarding ransomware protection to all my clients & servers.

• "A valuable feature offered by Sophos is called Naked Security, and it entails the control managed by the firewall on the site regarding the desktop client interfacing with our cloud client."
  • "The initial setup was not very user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to get certification over time because without certification, it's not so easy to setup and use. Users should familiarize themselves with all the features of the program. On a scale of one to ten, my rating is nine, because of the few missing features that I think should be added in a close future.
Israel Caravantes
CIO LATAM at i-Track Systems Development, S.A. de C.V.
Reseller
Enables us to watch the throughputs and the loading of the device to see how much traffic is happening

• "The most valuable feature is the supervisory side of it where we can watch the throughputs, and even the loading of the device, to see how much traffic is happening."
  • "In terms of the site-to-site VPN elements, they tend to concentrate. It's quite simple when there are Meraki devices at both ends of the VPN but if there is another user at one end, on another device, it can be a bit tricky. So they could really simplify that process a bit."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, I would make sure that, in terms of capacity, to get the right version, to find the right level of device. MX64 is a fairly small business-scale device. We were a bit hesitant about going for that, given the scalability of it at that point. But, obviously, make sure that you go in with enough extra capacity to deal with any increases you have in traffic demand. If you're setting up a VPN on the MX64, if both ends end up being a Meraki device, then it's simple to set it up. But when it isn't, it's a bit more complex. Eventually, it causes a lot of statistical information…
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Andrey Rogov
CEO at a government with 1-10 employees
Good price and stability for firewall security but we had problems with using the software

What is our primary use case?

We develop software for brands and some enterprise companies. We need Sophos Intercept X to create hardware and software solutions. We need to create research for a next-generation firewall security solution. We offer software and hardware solutions for banks, enterprises, and big companies.

• "We most value the price and interface quality with Sophos Intercept X. We focus on solution quality."
  • "Sophos needs to create a YouTube channel with educational material for technicians or engineers."

What other advice do I have?

Sophos needs to create a YouTube channel with educational material for technicians or engineers. I would rate Sophos Intercept X at seven out of ten because of the technical problems that we have experienced.
Majid Nassir
IT Manager at TAP30
Integrated anti-malware, next-generation firewalls, and IPS for network security solutions

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the interception solution in Sophos Intercept X.

• "We use Sophos Intercept X for Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) in our organization."
  • "They should work on the logs and events. Sophos Intercept X needs to increase the interface test so that it can export to a live event."

What other advice do I have?

Sophos Intercept X is easy to deploy. It has all the features for a small, medium, or large scale business. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this product an eight. The security of other devices on Cisco is more reliable and stable, but the user control in Sophos is a feature that Cisco doesn't have.
Ahmed Mohamed Abdelmaged
Network Security Engineer at Gateworx
We use the on-premise version for intercepting bad network traffic requests

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premise version of Sophos Intercept X for intercepting bad network traffic requests. Sophos has two versions: one for on-premise, one for the cloud. Many of our customers prefer to have the on-premise solution.

• "It is easy to change the size of its capabilities, i.e. to expand processes or scale the size of users."
  • "Technical support can be improved. There could be shared support, i.e. where someone in Egypt can respond."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Sophos Intercept X at a nine because we had some problems with technical support.
Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.