Sophos Phish Threat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos Phish Threat is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Security Awareness Training providers. It is most often compared to KnowBe4: Sophos Phish Threat vs KnowBe4

What is Sophos Phish Threat?

Sophos Phish Threat emulates a range of phishing attack types to help you identify areas of weakness in your organization’s security posture, and empower users through engaging training to strengthen your organizations defenses.

Sophos Phish Threat is also known as Phish Threat.

Sophos Phish Threat Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos Phish Threat Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Sophos Phish Threat Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos Phish Threat pricing:
  • "There is a license required for this solution and the cost depends on the number of users."
  • "Licensing fees are paid annually."

Sophos Phish Threat Reviews

HM
Chief Information Security Officer and Founder at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Easy to integrate, detailed reports, and high level support

• "The solution is easy to integrate because it is on the cloud. We have been able to limit users to only accessing the Sophos platform by modifying the firewall and Sophos platform settings. The dashboard gives us detailed reports allowing us to be able to manage better."
  • "The security of the solution could improve."

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Phish Threat product is the solution we integrated into our infrastructure when I became the Chief Information Security Officer. It is a good solution because it is used for sensitizing our staff to the risk linked to information security. Additionally, we measure and confirm the efficiency of staff after awareness campaigns. If they are not fully aware then they have to complete the training again.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to integrate because it is on the cloud. We have been able to limit users to only accessing the Sophos platform by modifying the firewall and Sophos platform settings. The dashboard gives us detailed reports allowing us to be able to manage better.

What needs improvement?

The security of the solution could improve.

I have been using this solution for approximately 2 years.

The solution is stable. However, they could improve by making it more stable.

Sophos Phish Threat is scalable.

We have approximately 260 users using this solution.

The support for Sophos is very good. They are known for provided high-level support. Sophos acquired Cyberoam and other solutions which included their staff. I have experience with the Cyberoam technical team and they are quick to respond and now Sophos is benefiting from this support.

The installation is easy and it took us three weeks. We integrated the solution into our infrastructure to share our Active Directory with the platform. We enroll users to have the add-on on their Outlook mailing clients.

We use two technical consultants to do the implementation and maintenance of Sophos Phish Threat.

There is a license required for this solution and the cost depends on the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has helps us to confirm the efficiency of the awareness of employees. This is achieved by launching the phishing simulation just after the awareness campaign.

I rate Sophos Phish Threat a nine out of ten.

ZE
Pre-sales manager at National Information Technology Company
Cloud-based, secure filtering, is easy to install, and has good technical support

• "It is easy to use."
  • "It would be great if the price was reduced."

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Phish Threat is primarily used for email. It is used for filtering and securing your email.

What is most valuable?

Sophos Phish Threat is great. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the price was reduced.

We have been selling Sophos Phish Threat for two years. It is not something that we deal with every day.

It's a cloud-based solution. The agent is on-premise, but the solution itself is on the cloud.

The number of customers we have is very minimal, we have approximately two to three customers.

Technical support is good.

We analyze the products we sell every six months, and when we notice that one is failing, we investigate why. Once we know why, we can determine whether to keep it, improve it, or abandon it.

Since there have been more sales with Sophos, we stopped selling Kaspersky.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Five users can be set up in 10 to 15 minutes.

One engineer can easily maintain this solution.

Licensing fees are paid annually.

Recently, Sophos introduced monthly payments but most people go with them annually.

You can have certain issues with monthly payments but annually is if you are in production. They deploy it.

What other advice do I have?

Sophos has such a broad portfolio that explaining it would take hours. We sell all Sophos products.

Most customers will have Office 365 which has its own solutions. Sophos Phish Threat will benefit people who are not yet on the cloud or using Google, but it can work for them.

It is not a fast-selling product. The demand will be only for people who are opening their new companies or moving and migrating their email.

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate Sophos Phish Threat a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about KnowBe4 vs. Sophos Phish Threat and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Amir Kasem
Technical manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Quick to deploy and easy to set up but could be more secure

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to help users be aware of threats. We can train users to help them understand how to work with the security features, security threats, and security attacks. It is like a training center.

What is most valuable?

The scalability is very good. The initial setup is very easy. The deployment is very fast.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be much more secure.

I've been using the solution for five years. We've used it for a while at this point at our company. We've worked with a number of Sophos products for five years.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The scalability is very good.

The initial setup is very easy. The deployment is very fast.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be much more secure.

The solution is like a training center. There isn't really a way to measure stability in that sense.

The solution is very scalable. You add more people or employees, et cetera.

We did not ask for support for this solution. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be. I do not use the service for this solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly complex or difficult.

It takes, at a maximum, one hour, to deploy everything.

There are some fees that a company will need to pay. It's a yearly subscription as well.

What other advice do I have?

As we are using the cloud deployment model, it is always the latest version. It's constantly updated for us by Sophos.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's a pretty good solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Md.Ahsanur Rahman
Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Easy to implement, well-structured, and simple to use

• "It is simple to push tests out to a group of users."
  • "I would like to see more manager-level training that teaches what needs to be done after a phishing email attack is found."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I am currently implementing this security product for a financial institution.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has made our users more aware with respect to phishing attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the training.

It is well-structured and easy to use. It is simple to push tests out to a group of users.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Sophos Phish Threat for the past year.

Sophos Phish Threat is running 24/7 and it is stable.

It is easy to add more users.

The technical support from Sophos is good.

This is the first solution of this type that we have worked with.

The initial setup is very easy.

We implement this solution for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

Sophos Phish Threat is a good product and I encourage other people to use it. This is very important at this time because every company faces phishing threats. Some people still don't know what to do with an unknown email.

SB
Head of IT at a wholesaler/distributor with 1,001-5,000 employees
A simple interface that is easy to use, and the technical support is good

• "It is very simple to install and you can do it by yourself."
  • "The pricing of Sophos Phish threat can be improved."

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very simple and easy to use.

The technical support for the product is very good.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of Sophos Phish threat can be improved.

The installation can be optimized.

We have just recently started using Sophos Phish Threat in the past 15 to 20 days.

The product has been stable so far.

It is a scalable solution and they also have a cloud version.

We have just implemented so we only have between 12 and 15 users. They are administrators and developers.

We are happy with the technical support.

It is very simple to install and you can do it by yourself.

It took us a few days to decide on our options but the installation does not take long.

We researched other solutions but we already have a Sophos environment that includes firewalls, so adding Phish Threat was a good fit for us. It is better to have everything from the same vendor.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to do a trial first to see if they like it. For us, it is meeting the requirements.

Overall, the product is pretty good.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.