Sophos SafeGuard OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos SafeGuard is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Data Protection tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft BitLocker: Sophos SafeGuard vs Microsoft BitLocker

What is Sophos SafeGuard?
Protect your confidential information and comply with regulatory mandates safely and securely with SafeGuard Enterprise, Utimaco's comprehensive modular information protection platform. SafeGuard Enterprise is a modular information protection control platform that enforces policy-based security for PCs and mobile devices across mixed environments. SafeGuard Enterprise offers full transparency to end-users and is easy to administer from a single central console.

Sophos SafeGuard is also known as SafeGuard, SafeGuard Encryption.

Sophos SafeGuard Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos SafeGuard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Sophos SafeGuard Customers
Rushmoor Borough Council
Sophos SafeGuard Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos SafeGuard pricing:
  • "We have a yearly license with Sophos which is around $1000-$1200 or so per annum. There are no additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee."
  • "The licenses are dependant on the number of users and computers you have to protect."
  • "Licensing for this solution is on a yearly basis."

Sophos SafeGuard Software Reviews

Oche Ankeli
Head of IT at a tech company with 201-500 employees
An excellent endpoint solution that's easy to setup, very stable, and highly secure

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an endpoint antivirus action for the system.

• "With Sophos, I only need to generate the password and give that to a user to be able to allow them to login to the admin page of the Endpoint and do whatever they need to do. The user cannot go ahead and uninstall it. It's kept us much more secure because of this. Should any event happen on a particular system, I'm given the username and the system IP address. I get notifications and can deal with issues right away."
  • "If it's possible, they should make all the features available because it's got a lot of features on offer, but you have to buy the license in order to add those features to the normal Endpoint. If they could make all those features available and/or offer a bundling option it would be better."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I would recommend the solution. New users should ensure that they get every module that they need. I had a friend whose server was attacked by ransomware. It became a challenge for them. However, by installing Sophos Intercept X for servers, you could lock down that server, so that no executive file or no program would run unless you unlock them. The programs that would function would only be the ones that you have listed on Sophos. I didn't know that existed until I started using Sophos Endpoint. The antivirus is not just running on my system to…
Sandro Pasquato
Senior Technical Account Manager at Npo Sistemi
Complete end-to-end solution that protects and synchronizes your data

What is our primary use case?

The customer needs a complete end-to-end solution to protect and synchronize their data.

• "The most valuable feature is the synchronized security. It's a unique feature on the market at this time only offered by Sophos. As a reseller, we often win bids and get clients because of this unique trademark feature."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more automation with the endpoint logging, but it's a special feature that is quite complicated to explain."

What other advice do I have?

Sophos is the leading brand for information security. Sophos is a complete solution that has a range of firewalls and all of the software bundles from the endpoint to the data center. Along with our service providers and our team, who have a good understanding of the product, we use Sophos technicians to do the webcast for our customers. This occurs as part of the process, but typically not during the implementation phase. Most of the time the customer doesn't require special features to be added. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Sophos SafeGuard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MK
Presales Manager at provad
Good central management of encrypted devices, and strong anti-theft protection against data leakage

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for encrypting our laptops. This is an anti-theft solution because I can even encrypt the boot sector, which means that the user has to enter a password to unlock the operating system. If the laptop is stolen then everything is encrypted.

• "Policy deployment is easy and quick to do."
  • "Having a DLP integrated with the encryption engine would be very good."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the cloud version of this solution because the on-premises version does not have anti-ransomware or machine learning capability. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to also use the cloud version, rather than the on-premises edition. This is especially true if they have teleworkers or mobile users that are often off-premises. The security of our data is important. One of our teams has a person who lost their laptop, and the team was not using this solution so it was not encrypted. We consider that to be data leakage. I would rate this solution an eight out of…
PatrickWheaton
IT Consultant & Trainer at ReallySimpleTech, Inc.
Good stability and performance, easy to use, and has one pane of glass that does everything

What is our primary use case?

It is used in environments where there are mobile executives and the data can't be compromised. For example, if a laptop is lost or stolen, you have to ensure that the data is not compromised. I have deployed it at a motor company in the Bay area for securing the local laptops. It is used at a hospital for securing medical records and CFO-related files. It is also used at a Law firm for encrypting pleadings and legal documents.

• "I like its ease of use the most. The management console is really nice. I like having one pane of glass that does everything. It does the Sophos anti-virus and encryption. Everything that you need is in one place. It is easy to use, and it is also pretty fast. It provides some pretty good details, and it lets you know who has access to a file. You can also add additional people to the encrypted documents, which is pretty good. Its stability and performance are also very good."
  • "It just needs a little bit more on the reporting side. Its reporting can be improved a little bit in terms of being able to know that things are in the right status. I should be able to pull a report to make sure that everything is all right. It could also have cloud integration. At the time I was using it, it wasn't a cloud product."

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. I would advise calling an expert to deploy it. I would rate Sophos SafeGuard an eight out of ten.
Mohamed Y Ahmed
Technical & Pre-Sales Manager at GateLock
Reseller
Encrypts files for all operating systems, from the hard disk to USB drives

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is data encryption and decryption.

• "The features that I have found most valuable are encryption tools that encrypt the hard disk and the USB sticks."
  • "The security does not have 100% authentication."

What other advice do I have?

The more customers that use this solution the better it will be in terms of developing or improving the technical issues. It will be an opportunity to have issues resolved as it will give it some importance. They are progressing and doing some amazing things because Sophos Central is now managing the encryption but not all features. I would recommend this solution. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
SV
Head of Information Security Service at a marketing services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up and stable but needs better key management

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint encryption within our organization.

• "It's quite easy to integrate Safeguard with BitLocker"
  • "When you have the PPM chipset, you can have the power-on authentication, when you boot up your machine, you can set the six-digit passcode. As of right now, SafeGuard can't manage the six-digit passcode in terms of the expiration, and I need that added as a feature."

What other advice do I have?

We're merely a customer of the solution. We don't have a special relationship with Sophos. We mostly deploy the solution on-premises, and only occasionally on the cloud. I don't think I have much advice to give to other companies in regard to this product. We use it to manage BitLocker and find it very easy to set up. Organizations shouldn't have trouble implementing it into their business. We never have had issues with it in terms of implementation. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
Mohamed Y Ahmed
Technical & Pre-Sales Manager at GateLock
Reseller
A stable, easy to scale solution with very good encryption capabilities

• "The most valuable features of the solution are the fact that they are able to encrypt the hard disk and to encrypt USB sticks."
  • "The solution is not using other features like booting encryption, because it causes very heavy processing of the workstation. If they could find some way to handle the encryption and decryption to be lighter on the workstation it would be better."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I would rate the solution eight out of ten. There's not a good market for this type of solution here in Egypt. It might be because here in Egypt there isn't a great need for this kind of solution yet. There are no compliance regulations from the government. However, the solution offers good features and I believe would be good for customers. There are so many areas where customers need encryption technology.
Daniel  Alorwu
Head of Security at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
The firewall is great but configuration and integration could be improved

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of security at our company and we are customers of Sophos SafeGuard.

• "The intrusion detection system."
  • "The Office 360 integration could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that people choosing this solution find the right technical people or vendor to provide support and assistance to ensure the product is working fine. I would rate this product a six out of 10.
See 7 more Sophos SafeGuard Reviews