SOTI MobiControl Overview

SOTI MobiControl is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Intune: SOTI MobiControl vs Microsoft Intune

What is SOTI MobiControl?

SOTI MobiControl, our award-winning mobility management solution provides the ability to securely manage mobile devices and connected peripherals, applications, content, and email. With MobiControl's advanced security and management features, businesses have granular control of how mobile devices are used for business, and how data is accessed to ensure sensitive corporate information is kept in authorized hands only.

SOTI MobiControl is also known as MobiControl.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

SOTI MobiControl Customers

Citizen Mexico, Sanctuary Housing, PENINSULA HOTELS, East Orange High School, Andrews Distributing, Amey Plc, American Airlines

SOTI MobiControl Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SOTI MobiControl pricing:
  • "Its pricing policy is not stable. The licensing is on a one-yearly, two-yearly, or three-yearly basis. There is no monthly fee."
  • "There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees."

SB
CTO at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Offers thousands of features, has a straightforward installation and is stable

What is our primary use case?

We can use the solution for everything. We are compliant with everything - whether it's MDM, EMM, EUM, whether it's for managing applications, concepts, access, et cetera. SOTI Mobicontrol has a part of the answer for all of these requirements.

• "The installation is very straightforward."
  • "It would be helpful if the product offered more integration and more features around the iOS and macOS platforms."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a representative of SOTI Mobicontrol in my region. I'm representing the sales engineering departments in the region, in Africa. We use both cloud and on-premises deployment models. I would recommend the solution to other organizations. Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
NB
Director and General Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Stable, scalable, and useful for preventing the use of unauthorized software, but needs better pricing policy and implementation for Windows devices

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and we provide the SOTI solution for our customers. We have around 40,000 devices deployed on it. Normally, it is deployed on-cloud, but we also have some on-premises implementations. It is mainly used for supervising devices such as Android and Windows mobile devices. It is used for asset management and configuration management as well as for authorizing the use of specific software in a device.

• "All features are useful. It is useful for preventing the use of unauthorized software on corporate-owned devices. It provides an option to lock the devices for unauthorized software. The devices can only be used under the supervision of the device manager."
  • "The pricing policy of SOTI is not stable. You buy it today at one price, and the following year, it becomes something like 5% or 7% higher. From my point of view, SOTI is a little bit weak in terms of implementation on the new Windows 10 devices, and they have to work on this. It can't compete with Intune and other solutions when it comes to Windows implementation. It almost doesn't work with iOS. It works well with Android."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We are a solution provider, and we recommend the SOTI solution each time we have a request. It is a stable product, and there is no real technical issue. I would rate SOTI MobiControl a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about SOTI, VMware, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AH
Senior Analyst Service Management at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
A simple initial setup with great remote control and good troubleshooting

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to support all of our mobile devices.

• "The remote control we have helps us a lot."
  • "The solution could use better reporting."

What other advice do I have?

We have a business partnership with SOTI. This is a pretty decent product. I'd recommend other organizations to check it out. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a nine.
MM
Head Of Information Technology at a outsourcing company with 201-500 employees
Simple to set up with good visibility and remote access features

What is our primary use case?

This solution is installed on all of our devices in the current work-from-home scenario.

• "The most valuable features are visibility and remote access."
  • "There is room for improvement when it comes to the ability to customize devices and choosing what information goes onto them."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a pretty good product and I like that it is standalone. When you look at other offerings from vendors such as Microsoft and Google, they are built-in. This might initially appear cheaper but they lack a little bit in terms of granularity. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
RM
IT Support Manager at a wholesaler/distributor with 201-500 employees
User-friendly, great support, and the remote control and geo-fencing capabilities are helpful

What is our primary use case?

We manage approximately 200 devices that are used in inventory management. This includes RF guns, as well as small tablets where you can capture signatures.

• "The most valuable features are remote control and geo-fencing."
  • "Adding more features for iOS devices would be an improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Vice President Derivatives Ops IT at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to do auto patch updates and handles a good amount of endpoints

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to build patch management to use one particular tool. We can do auto patch updates using SOTI. SOTI has been well placed in terms of the number of endpoints it can handle.

• "We can do auto patch updates using SOTI. SOTI has been well placed in terms of the number of endpoints it can handle."
  • "In the next release, they should make it easier to migrate."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SOTI. I would rate it an eight out of ten. In the next release, they should make it easier to migrate.