Splashtop Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Splashtop Remote Support is #15 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. IT Central Station users give Splashtop Remote Support an average rating of 8 out of 10. Splashtop Remote Support is most commonly compared to Parallels Access:Splashtop Remote Support vs Parallels Access. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Splashtop Remote Support?

Splashtop Remote Support delivers a robust set of features for MSPs, IT service providers and helpdesk professionals for unattended support of Windows and Mac computers at a great price - often 50% less than similar solutions. All packages include unlimited technicians, concurrent sessions and devices to remote from. Get fast remote access, computer and user grouping, user management, logging and secure encryption. Splashtop Remote Support Plus edition adds file transfer, remote print, chat, remote wake, remote reboot, attended support access and priority technical support. Splashtop remote access technology is trusted by more than 20 million users worldwide.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Splashtop Remote Support Customers

Toyota, AT&T, Isuzu, Goodwill

Splashtop Remote Support Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Splashtop Remote Support pricing:
  • "The licensing fees are less than $400 per year."
  • "The price of the solution is mid-ranged, although it is more cost effective than that of TeamViewer."

Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

David Fitzerman
Chief Alchemist/ IT Operations Manager at DFC International Computing
A feature-rich, cost-effective solution to help assist our clients, even using our mobile devices

• "The ability to use mobile devices is helpful because we can support our clients from anywhere."
  • "The packages that Splashtop has, tend to be a little bit confusing and should be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for providing remote support. It ties into our ticketing system.

For the most part, we deal with end-users. It could be anywhere from C-level executives to somebody on the shop floor who has a machine that doesn't work.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cost-effectiveness.

This is a feature-rich product and there are a lot of them that I don't use right now.

Some of the features that I find useful are the ability to reboot the remote computer and lock its keyboard. Having multi-monitor support is also important.

The ability to use mobile devices is helpful because we can support our clients from anywhere.

Splashtop has a business package, which is used for taking over your computer at work and is being used by people who are working at home.

What needs improvement?

The packages that Splashtop has, tend to be a little bit confusing and should be simplified.  They have 12 packages and by comparison, TeamViewer only has three packages available.

The differences between the MSP packages and the IT support packages are difficult to determine the differences between the packages and there comparisons are not necessarily apples to apples.

We have been using Splashtop Remote Support since 2003.

I have not noticed any bugs, glitches, or other issues related to stability.

This is a scalable product. One of our areas of focus at the moment is scaling our MSP division, using unattended access.

Some of the clients that we support have between 5 and 100 users that are now working from home. At this time I do to the current pandemic I would say that there is a current trend for people who can work from home are doing so and this amount to many 1000’s of remote support opportunities.

I have never needed to contact technical support.

I have also worked with TeamViewer to provide remote support, and I find that Splashtop is better. It's more stable. With TeamViewer, the version changes, and I get a new surprise every three weeks.

TeamViewer has another problem when there is a disparity between versions. For example, if you are using version 11 and they're at version 15 then you can't even connect.

A professional license with TeamViewer is not perpetual and it is a costly license. I think that the minimum is approximately $1,400 to $1,500 per year for technicians. If you purchase the solution outright and are using an older version when they release new features, you do not get them. Generally speaking, TeamViewer is a good product, but it is expensive. In contrast, Splashtop is a really good product and it's not so expensive.

From a product comparison point of view, I would rate TeamViewer a seven out of ten.

I also have experience with VNC Connect, which uses a client-server to browse or share the end user's screen.

We used to use DualDesk at the company, but it doesn't support Macs. Also, it doesn't have mobile device support. For example, if someone calls me when I'm on the road then I can't pull over and assist them with my Android tablet. I can't be effective because I can't access anything. With Splashtop, I am able to stop what I'm doing, take over their computer with my tablet, and fix the problem right away. We also had trouble supporting Windows 10 because the UAC kept blocking us. Moreover, we couldn't simply tell a client to go into the configuration and turn UAC off. Ultimately, after a lot of frustration, we gave up on DualDesk.

The initial setup is extremely straightforward.

We have no staff dedicated to maintaining this product. All of the updating is automatic.

The licensing fees are less than $400 per year.

I routinely research similar products, including keeping up to date with TeamViewer. One of the problems with TeamViewer is the price, where the base package starts at over $1,000 per year.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to helpdesk software, there is no interface that I really care about. We're taking over computers at the other end and I want my technicians to attach, do the work, and get out. Customers do not interact with Splashtop because it runs in the background.

In summary, this is a good product. Nonetheless, every product has room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

OA
Clerk at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Scalable and stable with an easy initial setup and valuable SOS Support

• "The initial setup is simple."
  • "The integration features could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use the latest update.

As our staff works from home nowadays, we make remote use of the solution in respect of  the local desktop at our premises. We also employ it for providing remote support.

What is most valuable?

The SOS Support is a most valuable feature. We have remote access from our phone. There is no need to install the software and we can do it on the cloud. As the software still supports our main purpose, we do not have much issue with it at present.

The user interface and configuration are easy and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution is middling.

The integration features could be better. Going forward, the appearance or way to remote or add security could stand improvement.

We have been using Splashtop Remote Support since March.

I have no issues with the stability of the solution at present.

The scalability is fine. I have no issues with it.

We consider the SOS support to be of great value.

We have not really been in contact with technical support. Not much has changed on our end. We just carry on with the product. We really only made use of technical support during the initial setup.

Prior to using the solution, we used TeamViewer. This latter offered us use of TeamViewer Tensor, although the price of this solution is greater than that of Splashtop Remote Support, which is in the purview of management.

The initial setup is simple.

We handled the initial setup on our own.

The solution does not require maintenance, just regular updates.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to the use of remote apps, there are only around 10 users making use of the solution in our company.

I would recommend the solution to others who are looking for remote accesss, similar to that our company.

I rate Splashtop Remote Support as an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Splashtop, Parallels, LogMeIn and others in Remote Access. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JS
Support Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
A high resolution and very fast but needs better server storage options

• "The solution is very fast."
  • "The solution should add more options and tools for shortcuts, administration, etc."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to help support external customers.

What is most valuable?

With the extended license, it's easy to be remote.

The solution is very fast.

The solution provides high resolution (HD).

What needs improvement?

The solution should add more server storage or a cloud extension for saving items.

We only use the solution when urgent matters come up within our organization. We've been using it for maybe one month.

The solution is stable, in terms of security. I haven't faced any issues in developing efficient recordings or capturing.

We have less than 100 users on the solution currently.

Technical support is okay, but it depends on the time zone. Sometimes there's a delay in response because of the time difference. To reach technical support by email or live chat is usually fine.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did the planning and deployment in one day, but we're only using the solution for a model business that is not that large.

I'm in IT, so handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

If this solution would be useful to a company depends on a few factors. Some clients want to install software, for example, and some want cloud providers. I'm not sure if I can recommend the solution as I'm not sure if it's a fit for me.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.