Splunk Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Splunk Cloud is the #13 ranked solution in our list of Log Management Software. It is most often compared to Wazuh: Splunk Cloud vs Wazuh

What is Splunk Cloud?

Splunk Cloud is the industry’s only enterprise-ready cloud service for machine data, offering a 100% uptime SLA and standard plans from 5GB/day to 5TB/day. Watch this video to find out how you can accelerate time-to-value and stay focused on your core business using Splunk Cloud.

Splunk Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Splunk Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Splunk Cloud Customers
Mindtouch
Splunk Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Splunk Cloud pricing:
  • "The pricing model makes this an expensive solution."
  • "The licensing is based on the amount of data that we send to the cloud on a daily basis."
  • "The price is something that people complain about."
  • "The licensing costs depend on the state of your environment and the fees are paid on a monthly basis."

SO
Sr BigData Infrastructure Architect at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Add oversight to your business with complete log reporting although it may strain your budget

What is our primary use case?

Splunk is an event log manager. We have reservation and event logging dashboards integrated from the data dock to Splunk and we have all the specific dashboards that we work with in Splunk for log management.

• "This is a complete log reporting tool."
  • "The log search capabilities are very good."
  • "The pricing model makes the product costly."
  • "The dashboards should be easier to customize."

What other advice do I have?

Advice-wise, I do not really have much to say to potential users considering the solution as something to apply as an end-user. My job role is data organization so it might not be appropriate for me to give these opinions. This seems to me to have more to do with system functionality. But from my side, I am good with the product. Interface-wise, I think the product is good. Security-wise, it is all approved from the CSOs (Chief Security Officer) perspective. Enhancement-wise, we have to put in a lot of effort. The end-users who are working with the solution should know SQL. If they lack…
SuchismitaPriyadarsini
CHRO at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Can be easily scaled and integrated with other solutions, but underscores in comparison with QRadar

What is our primary use case?

As there is no SIEM solution here at present, we are building it up through the assistance of a vendor. In the past I worked in the Splunk Cloud, which was seven-point something. With QRadar I worked on version 7.3. We use Splunk Cloud as a SIEM solution and to monitor traffic and the network for detection purposes. We can create use cases so that if the solution picks up on anything entering our organization, the malicious IP can be blocked. In respect of ones which are suspicious, based on the logs we pull from the data source, we can build the use cases accordingly and have our analysts… more »

• "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "The solution should also have more advanced capabilities in comparison with QRadar, which offers Watson."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed on-cloud. I would recommend the solution to others since there are a couple of companies with many clients that are looking for Splunk Cloud, with which they are familiar. We must consider client demands when it comes to attracting projects. Even in India, most of the companies employ Splunk Cloud as the most prevalently used SIEM solution. Then comes QRadar, which is easier. So too, Splunk is less cost-effective than QRadar, although it is more in demand. There are a couple of companies with call centers that request Splunk Cloud. I rate Splunk Cloud as a seven out of…
Learn what your peers think about Splunk Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AK
Cloud Architect at Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd
Good documentation, nice dashboards, and customizable reporting capability

What is our primary use case?

This solution is very useful for our Infosec team that manages our enterprise-level security. It collects logs from all of our on-premises devices and servers for search and analysis. All of the logs are collected on-premises and then sent to Splunk Cloud for analysis.

• "We haven't had any limitations or problems connecting to our network devices."
  • "The training models can only be accessed for 30 days, even if it is paid training."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I find that Splunk is pretty good. It is a very mature product and I can see that compared to when I used to five years ago as an end-user, they have been improving in every way. The interface is something that has become more user-friendly over time. When there is something missing, it is handled by another product from the vendor. For example, if you need to add predictive analysis then you use Splunk Phantom. There are many other SIEM tools on the market, such as IBM QRadar and ArcSight Logger. Splunk is comparatively more expensive but it has many features and good functionality…
IL
Lead Developer, Solution Analyst at a university with 10,001+ employees
A flexible and feature-rich product, but the documentation needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We have a public URL that allows anyone to authenticate for ADFS. This allows them to connect using Active Directory.

• "The most valuable feature for me is the flexibility of being able to send the log to the https endpoint."
  • "Although there is documentation available, it is really hard for me to find relevant topics on what it is that I'm searching for."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing Splunk Cloud is to dedicate the time and resources required to learn it and use it. Investigate the features. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
BR
Director - Corporate Infrastructure at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Meets our requirements from a cost and requirements perspective

What is our primary use case?

We use it for Log Management and also for another bit of management. It feeds data into Splunk and Splunk writes the rules and based on that, it will pick up incidents. It is good from a cost perspective, in terms of the cost of the data you're looking at. There is no cost barrier.

• "For my current requirements, the tool theme seems to be meeting my requirements, from a cost and requirements perspective."
  • "The only thing I would say is an issue is the cost. It matches other products. The costs can be justified for the value that we gain. The entire threat analysis stack should come in a bundle. If the cost was matchable with other products I think Splunk would pick up in the market."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Splunk a nine out of ten. The queries and pulling out the exact reports is a little challenging. I get complaints about it. I would like to see more reports or default out of the box reports. That would be more useful, useful, and then people can avoid writing inquiries.
Juha Strandman
Owner at a reseller with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Quick to set up and the technical support is invaluable

What is our primary use case?

We are a Splunk reseller and Splunk Cloud is one of the main products that we work with. Our customers implement this product for log management, application management, application testing, and process management. They also have it for customer service use cases.

• "The most valuable feature of Splunk Cloud is the quick setup."
  • "The only thing that is missing from Splunk Cloud is the command-line interface."

What other advice do I have?

I feel that Splunk Cloud is good as it is. It is the best tool on the market. My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to start now and don't wait. Every day that you wait, you can be wasting time and money. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
SO
Founder at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
User friendly and very extensive compared to similar tools

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case was trying to build a centralized log database and making some logs on my servers. I also use it to install tools in Splunk Forwarder. I'm a company founder.

What is most valuable?

Splunk is a very user-friendly tool and it's very extensive compared to other tools.

What needs improvement?

From my perspective, customization needs to be simplified and I'd like to see a reduction in the cost of the solution.

It's stable, but if you try to customize it, it will take some time because there's a specific language behind Splunk. Thankfully they have a good community which is a big help.

What do I think about the scalability of the