Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

reviewer958350
Nov 21, 2018

What is our primary use case?

We had no enterprise solution in place for our application. This was meant to support Linux and Windows.
reviewer958347
BI - BO Data Services Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 20, 2018

What is our primary use case?

* We are using Stonebranch to automate our MDM solution with all inbound and outbound systems. * We also use it for scheduling jobs or process to extract data from our business app to data warehouse solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Learn what your peers think about Stonebranch Universal Automation Center. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
446,626 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Charvi Sharma
Technology Analyst at Nike
Nov 13, 2018

What is our primary use case?

I am a part of a production support team, and we automate most of our work using this. It reduces all the manual work.

reviewer952863
Application Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 13, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Centralized scheduling and file transfers running on a couple of hundred agents (Windows/Unix/Linux).

What other advice do I have?

No additional comments.
Kay Lützel
System Engineer at Fiducia & GAD IT AG
Nov 13, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Using Universal Agent as a distributed agent (like extended agents), managed with IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS.

How has it helped my organization?

It runs unbelievably good because when we installed it, it ran perfectly. It is really stable and just needs minimal maintenance.

What is most valuable?

Runs without problems  The joblog (STDERR, STDOUT) is spooled online to z/OS, so it is easy for the z/OS user to manage a distributed job.

What needs improvement?

Run in Unix and Windows environments Additional features: Migration tool for encrypted username/password to use the new Keystore feature UDM third-party file transfer Enable proxy certificates for IBM System SSL.

Three to five years.
reviewer958341
Manager of Scheduling at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Nov 13, 2018

What is our primary use case?

We are currently converting a segment of our distributed batch scheduling requirements from another vendor. The new model will give each application the ability to build, maintain and monitor their own batch flows.
reviewer958344
Nov 13, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Universal Agent is used as a distributed scheduling agent with IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS. It's used in different environments (development, production) for scheduling jobs on open systems.

How has it helped my organization?

Universal Agent and its infrastructure make it very easy to schedule jobs on every system using one scheduler.

What is most valuable?

Universal Agent runs very stable and just needs very less maintenance.  The easy-to-use interface gives access to the shell environment of the target system.

What needs improvement?

A migration tool for encrypted username/password to use the new keystore feature. Enabling proxy certificates for IBM's System SSL would be great.

One to three…
reviewer951501
Oct 29, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Scheduling Linux and Windows tasks from a 3rd party scheduler running on IBM z System. Integrating mainframe workload with distributed ones.

How has it helped my organization?

Provided us with a central overview of our Linux and Windows agents and the ability to monitor the exact software-versions of the installed agents.

What is most valuable?

Agent overview with clustering, monitoring and filtering the different operating systems and/or software versions.

What needs improvement?

Dealing with customer requirements and enhancements. The process now is a little bit non-transparent.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable. When problems…
reviewer948108
Oct 23, 2018

What is our primary use case?

We use UAC on a daily basis to serve our internal customers. My team uses UAC to create workflows based on business requirements, creating patching campaigns and provide support.
reviewer948102
Oct 23, 2018

What is our primary use case?

We are scheduling applications and tasks for our internal customers.

How has it helped my organization?

My peers are often contacting the Stonebranch Universal Automation Center to get some help and they often get necessary feedback.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable option is creating tasks and triggering them on scheduled time. It is so helpful that tasks can be added to Workflows and many dependencies can be created between those tasks.

What needs improvement?

In my opinion, scheduler sometimes is getting turned off due to causes that Opswise was not predicted.

Less than one year.

Sometimes it fails.

Which solution did I use previously and

reviewer948099
Oct 23, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Automate batch processing jobs that used to run on cron and had very ambiguous logging. It really helped us automated many manual jobs as well that were time-consuming and tedious.

What other advice do I have?

Keep up the great work and awesome support!
reviewer948096
User at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 23, 2018

What is our primary use case?

Originally purchased as a replacement for CA7/11, now used for full-blown enterprise automation. We utilize agents on Linux, Windows, iSeries, and zSeries machines.

What other advice do I have?

UAC is a wonderful product, and as an end user, I would fully suggest looking into this product.
reviewer948087
User at a financial services firm
Oct 23, 2018

What is our primary use case?

FileTransfers and batch automation in Java environments. Implement daily checks on database tables with SQL tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

UAC helped us to automate manual tasks and reduce the time for people to do manual tasks.

What is most valuable?

Create Java between tasks and show this in a graphical overview. Integrate easily different application with UNIX tasks.

What needs improvement?

Have a better graphical workflow overview, more information on icons, the UI uses. We would like to have information in dependencies in virtual recourses.

More than five years.

Stable.

It's…

What is Stonebranch Universal Automation Center?

The Stonebranch Workload Automation solution, part of our Universal Automation Center platform, helps organizations automate, manage, and orchestrate their IT processes - across hybrid IT environments.

1. Workflow Orchestration and Automation: Holistically control scripts, jobs, tasks, and IT processes running across your on-prem, hybrid cloud, and/or multi-cloud environments.

2. Real-Time Automation: With our event-driven automation technology, it is now possible to achieve real-time automation across your entire hybrid IT environment.

3. Self-Service Automation: With a focus on ease-of-use, you can empower your workforce with self-service automation using member roles and permissions.

4. BI & Analytics: Centralize operational control and insight with proactive monitoring, reporting, and alerts

Product Features:

- Drag-and-drop Workflow Creation: You don’t have to be a developer to create automation. Custom scripting is a thing of the past. Easily create workflows with an intuitive drag-and-drop user interface.

- DevOps enabled: Align priorities between IT Ops and DevOps with Jobs-as-Code, Infrastructure-as-Code, and bundle-and-promote features.

- Limitless 3rd Party Integrations: Integrate into any platform or application from the mainframe to the cloud. Use pre-packaged integrations, build your own, or download integration blueprints from the community-driven opensource marketplace.

- Available on-premises or as a SaaS-based deployment, the UAC is a modern platform built to scale with your business.

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center customers

Nissan, Coop, United Supermarkets, Groupon, CSC, Orbitz, Johnson & Johnson, BMW, Qantas.

Download our free Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Quick Links