SwaggerHub OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SwaggerHub is #14 ranked solution in top API Management tools. IT Central Station users give SwaggerHub an average rating of 8 out of 10. SwaggerHub is most commonly compared to Apigee:SwaggerHub vs Apigee. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is SwaggerHub?

SwaggerHub is an integrated API Development platform, built for teams, that brings the core capabilities of the Swagger framework to design, build, document and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables development teams to collaborate and coordinate the entire lifecycle of an API with the flexibility to integrate with the toolset of your choice.

Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SwaggerHub Customers

Sonic, Zuora, Woolworths, CrowdFlower

SwaggerHub Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SwaggerHub pricing:
  • "It has a yearly subscription, but I am not sure."

SwaggerHub Reviews

Coralia Popa
Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good validations, good support and documentation, easy to deploy, and stable

• "It is quite a useful tool. It is quite good with the validation of the spec. It works quite well in terms of errors and conformity to the OpenAPI standard. It is better than Visual Studio Code in terms of editing."
  • "The review process should be improved. There seem to be some gaps, at least for us, for the editing part because we would like to have a full request review mechanism. They support some comments, but it is really hard to manage those comments. We would like to use the full request. Therefore, we are now looking to integrate with repositories. It has integration with Bitbucket and GitHub, but we have some internal constraints, and we need to move some of the repositories to GitHub. Our source code is on-premise in Bitbucket, and it was a bit of a problem for us to integrate. Now we are transitioning our repositories to GitHub, and hopefully, we can enable the integration. This will probably solve the problem with the review and approval. Its customization should also be improved. There are limitations around the support for the developer portal. There should be more customization options for the website that you can use as a developer portal. Currently, it has only Swagger UI with minimal customization. You cannot actually add additional pages and documentation for explaining concepts and general things. That's why we have started to look around to see what other tools are doing. They should also allow tagging on the API. We would like to add some tagging on the API to reflect certain things. Currently, any metadata that you would like to have has to be a part of the spec. You cannot do anything else. It should also have support for Open API 3.1, which was released at the beginning of the year. It would be great to be able to switch to that."

What is our primary use case?

We hope to use it for the design of the API and for the entry point of the documentation to help the consumers of the API in understanding the API and specifications.

What is most valuable?

It is quite a useful tool. It is quite good with the validation of the spec. It works quite well in terms of errors and conformity to the OpenAPI standard. It is better than Visual Studio Code in terms of editing.

What needs improvement?

The review process should be improved. There seem to be some gaps, at least for us, for the editing part because we would like to have a full request review mechanism. They support some comments, but it is really hard to manage those comments. We would like to use the full request. Therefore, we are now looking to integrate with repositories. It has integration with Bitbucket and GitHub, but we have some internal constraints, and we need to move some of the repositories to GitHub. Our source code is on-premise in Bitbucket, and it was a bit of a problem for us to integrate. Now we are transitioning our repositories to GitHub, and hopefully, we can enable the integration. This will probably solve the problem with the review and approval.

Its customization should also be improved. There are limitations around the support for the developer portal. There should be more customization options for the website that you can use as a developer portal. Currently, it has only Swagger UI with minimal customization. You cannot actually add additional pages and documentation for explaining concepts and general things. That's why we have started to look around to see what other tools are doing.

They should also allow tagging on the API. We would like to add some tagging on the API to reflect certain things. Currently, any metadata that you would like to have has to be a part of the spec. You cannot do anything else.

It should also have support for Open API 3.1, which was released at the beginning of the year. It would be great to be able to switch to that.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable. I have noticed a downtime period only once, but I am not sure if it was down because of them or something else.

We have few APIs. We have a license that is limiting our users to 25 designers and 50 consumers. Consumers are the users who don't need full capabilities. It is working well for us, and we didn't have any problem.

They are very supportive. They try to get a lot of feedback from our side. We actually couldn't provide that much feedback. They wanted to help, and they provided hands-on sessions several times to explain what they do. They also have a lot of free webinars where you can hear the news, updates, and all kinds of stuff. They are quite good. Their documentation is also quite good.

It was quite straightforward.

It has a yearly subscription, but I am not sure.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is quite good and one of the best tools for open API. We might have to switch to another tool based on our investigation regarding the developer portal. Even though it has a few limitations, I am confident that it will get better. It is evolving like any other solution.

I would rate SwaggerHub a nine out of ten.

SP
IT Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to perform detailed end-to-end automation testing could benefit from better integration with cloud microservices

What is our primary use case?

We use SwaggerHub to publish our APIs. We also integrate SmartBear ReadyAPI with Swagger. We use it to manage our APIs. When we develop an API, we then integrate it with SwaggerHub. Centene is a large corporation with plenty of automation so there are various development teams across Centene who use this solution for various use cases. Normally, they publish their APIs on SwaggerHub for seamless integration with SmartBear and ReadyAPI. This allows us to perform detailed end-to-end automation testing.

What needs improvement?

More integration and usability with the cloud microservices would be nice. Azure and GCP — there are multiple platforms we could talk about.

We have been using this solution for quite…

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for quite some time. I have been with my company for 4 years now and I have heard that name nearly the whole time.

We have quite a few people using this solution, at least 70-80 people.

The stability is good. I have yet to see any downtime.

The scalability is endless.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SwaggerHub a rating of seven.