Symantec Cyber Security Services Overview

Symantec Cyber Security Services is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Managed Security Services tools. It is most often compared to Dell Secureworks: Symantec Cyber Security Services vs Dell Secureworks

What is Symantec Cyber Security Services?

Technology alone may not stop advanced threats. You need security experts on hand to interpret and prioritize the critical events that need action. Your designated and highly specialized, in-region security analysts are available 24x7 to act as an extension of your team, continuously monitoring and hunting for advanced threats. Our analysts are some of the best-trained security experts in the world and they leverage state of the art technologies and global threat intelligence to minimize the business impact of cyber attacks. Detect, assess, and respond to attacks faster with Symantec Cyber Security Services.

Symantec Cyber Security Services Buyer's Guide

Download the Symantec Cyber Security Services Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Symantec Cyber Security Services Customers

BayWa, Carrington Holding Company, Citizens Business Bank, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, FBL Financial, Molina Healthcare Inc., Pgi, Sealed Air, TSO cloud

Symantec Cyber Security Services Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Symantec Cyber Security Services pricing:
  • "Currently, we are paying about $3,000-$4,000 yearly. I don't believe there are costs above the standard licensing fee."
  • "The list price is approximately $50 USD annually per user."

Information Security Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard
Mature, stable, and reduces threats.Symantec Managed Security Services has been relatively easy to deploy and operate. Symantec's support is knowledgeable at the lowest tier and responsive.

What is our primary use case?

There have been a few recent incidents that have occurred with hacking and breaching of security. Not all of the public is aware of these problems and the problems it causes for the businesses involved — as well as their clients. So we are focusing on our work to reduce these threats on-premises and we are keeping up-to-date on cloud instances as well. We have various sources giving us feedback on what we can do and we are using the information to ward off this problem, help our clients and reduce cyberattacks. We are conducting seminars for awareness of the problems that are ongoing about the… more »

• "This product has a feature-rich environment that fill the needs of those looking for antivirus but it is more than just a solution for antivirus and cybersecurity services."
  • "The reporting has fallen behind competing products and needs to be updated to meet or beat the competition."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to someone who is looking into implementing Symantec Cyber Security Services is that I would recommend the product. I have a strong connection with security work. I have a lot of friends from India, from the UAE, from Canada, from the U.S, and we share information. I recommend this product as nine out of ten based not just on what I have experienced but on what I know from the cyber community. We are conducting a multiple vendor cybersecurity event. We are open to companies who want to introduce their products as well. In Pakistan, Karachi, Slavs, and Lahore, we are…
Science Technician at Assembleia da Republica
Easy to use with a good user interface and excellent management capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product to maximize the filtration of my server. I use it for controlling the traffic, specifically internal traffic. We manage our users and are able to block users from accessing the internet if necessary. We mainly use the solution as a firewall.

• "The solution is very easy to use. It's not very complicated."
  • "The solution needs to improve its reporting functionality. That's lacking right now. They need to change the layout or make it more functional."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the solution. We've been using the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend the solution to other companies. Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Cyber Security Services. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CEO at PANZER IT
Reseller
Leaderboard
Provides security transparently in the background, but the technical support needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are channel partners and national distributors for this solution, and we sell it to end-customers across India. Our customers use this solution generally for cybersecurity, but more specifically as an anti-virus solution.

• "The technical aspects and the features of this product are all good."
  • "As far as new ransomware and the next-generation malware is concerned, Symantec is not quite up to the mark."

What other advice do I have?

For people who use this solution, it is updated automatically. My advice to anybody who is implementing Cyber Security Services is to consider that alone, this is not a foolproof solution. They also need to install a firewall and some kind of APT (Advanced persistent threat) products. Essentially, it needs to be part of a security bundle. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Malware Hunter and Incident Responder at Computer Network Systems
Good firewall, IPS, and email security features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is as a firewall and IPS. We have both on-premises and public cloud deployments.

• "The most valuable features are the firewall and the IPS."
  • "Technical support is the one thing about this solution that is not good."

What other advice do I have?

All of the components for this solution are good, including email security. The Symantec MAS engine has very limited features. I have been in contact with them many times to ask for enhancements because it is a very limited product. This is a good solution, but in the past six months, I have had a very bad experience with Symantec support. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
FS
Senior Manager - Cyber Security at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard
Good device control, but poor stability and client memory utilization should be very optimized

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution primarily for its antivirus capabilities and device management.

• "The solution offers good device control."
  • "The stability of the solution could use a lot of improvement. It was our biggest concern."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I'd rate the solution five out of ten. We've since moved over to McAfee.
Technical Manager at vst
Reseller
Leaderboard
Ease to configure and use, and the management portal is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is for managed security and our clients use it to protect their company data and infrastructure.

• "The most valuable feature is the management portal."
  • "This solution needs to improve with respect to zero-day attack response."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is ok but they have problems with providing support. It may be related to the sale of the product to another vendor. For now, I would not recommend it. However, perhaps in three or six months, things will improve and I will reconsider. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.