MW
Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Fast, easy to set up, and scalable

• "The initial setup is very simple and straightforward."
  • "They need to develop a multi-language interface."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as active protection for our endpoints. We also use it for its upgrade frequency.

What is most valuable?

The solution runs very quickly.

The solution is stable.

It's quite a scalable product.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The localization could be better. It could be more friendly for local users.

It's a solution that's only in English. It makes it difficult if you, for example, speak a different language. If that's the case, and you don't understand English well, you might struggle to understand aspects of the product. They need to develop a multi-language interface.

I've been dealing with the solution for about five years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is reliable.

We've found the scalability to be good. If we need to expand it, we can do so.

We have one customer who currently uses the product.

The initial setup is not difficult or complex. It's quite straightforward and fairly simple to implement.

I cannot recall, however, exactly how long the deployment process took.

You only need one engineer to handle the deployment and maintenance aspects. You do not need a large team.

We are integrators. We are able to handle implementations for our clients.

I cannot speak to the exact licensing costs. We recommend the solution to our clients, however, they buy the license from the vendor directly.

What other advice do I have?

We are Symantec integrators.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. So far, we've been pleased with its capabilities for the most part.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. We already recommend it to our clients.

NR
Head of IT Department at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good protection and application control, reasonable price, and easy to deploy

• "Protection from viruses, malware, Trojans, and malicious files is most valuable. It is also good in terms of application control. I can control the type of external media that can be connected with endpoint devices and protect them from malicious files and devices such as USB."
  • "I would like to be able to migrate to the cloud so that the end-users outside the company offices don't need a VPN to connect to the Symantec server to update the policies. They should be able to connect to the admin center directly through the internet to get updated policies. There is some integration issue with the other security appliances or tools. Other hardware, firewall, or Network Detection and Response (NDR) solution vendors are not willing to integrate with Symantec. They only mention products from other vendors such as CrowdStrike and Carbon Black. Symantec is not there. Symantec should work on integration with products from other security vendors."

What is most valuable?

Protection from viruses, malware, Trojans, and malicious files is most valuable. It is also good in terms of application control. I can control the type of external media that can be connected with endpoint devices and protect them from malicious files and devices such as USB.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to migrate to the cloud so that the end-users outside the company offices don't need a VPN to connect to the Symantec server to update the policies. They should be able to connect to the admin center directly through the internet to get updated policies.

There is some integration issue with the other security appliances or tools. Other hardware, firewall, or Network Detection and Response (NDR) solution vendors are not willing to integrate with Symantec. They only mention products from other vendors such as CrowdStrike and Carbon Black. Symantec is not there. Symantec should work on integration with products from other security vendors.

I have been using this solution for more than six years. I am currently using its latest version.

It is stable. I don't have any issues.

It is scalable. With on-prem, you have the network limitation. If I migrate to the cloud, it will be easy to scale.

In terms of usage, currently, we have between 250 to 300 users.

I have not worked on any other solution.

Its initial setup was easy. It was done a long ago. The upgrades to a newer version might take two hours. If a client has any issues during the upgrade, they need to remove and start it again. Usually, it does not require a lot of support. It is straightforward.

Its price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PK
IT manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Greatly mitigates security risks; provides a good local firewall

• "Offers good antivirus and local firewall."
  • "Is not a full anti-ransomware solution."

What is our primary use case?

We're a large company with half of our business in the UK and half throughout the rest of Europe. We deal with about 13 countries and I work from Serbia. Our business focuses on train and bus transport, and sometimes ferry services. We're using the solution to mitigate security risks. We were considering solutions for endpoint protection and decided to go with Symantec for our work stations and servers. It offers anti-malware plus a firewall and some other functionalities. I'm an IT manager.

What is most valuable?

I like the antivirus and the local firewall that the solution provides. It's user friendly with a good dashboard.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a full anti-ransomware solution because there are some anti-ransomware functionalities that would assist us if they were included in the solution.

I've been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for about six years.

The solution is very stable.

We're not a big business in Serbia but scalability is easy. We have around 160 workstations and about 130 users.

We have a contract with the local Symantec partner in Serbia so we can speak to them in our language. The support is very good.

The initial setup is rather simple.

The license for this solution is purchased on an annual bases. The price could be cheaper but it's not too bad. We also pay for technical support which we get locally here in Serbia.

What other advice do I have?

Symantec is not the only endpoint security solution that we actually have experience with but I would recommend it. I think it's one of the best solutions currently on the market.

I rate this solution an eight out of ten.

GS
System Administrator at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Good for detecting signature-based viruses, but does not detect unknown threats and recent malware and needs a lot of improvements

• "It is good for detecting signature-based viruses, and it is user friendly."
  • "We are not satisfied with this solution. It needs a lot of improvements. It doesn't detect the most recent malware and unknown threats. With most of the users working from home these days, there is also a need for some extra security layer. That's why we are thinking of going for a better solution that will take care of all of our endpoints and work from home situation. Symantec also has to work on EDI technology. Vendors like Palo Alto and Cisco are coming with their own intelligence and cloud infrastructure in which unknown threats are regularly watched and monitored, and they are reported to the admin."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for protecting our endpoints from the latest signature-based threats. We have 75 users.

What is most valuable?

It is good for detecting signature-based viruses, and it is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

We are not satisfied with this solution. It needs a lot of improvements. It doesn't detect the most recent malware and unknown threats. With most of the users working from home these days, there is also a need for some extra security layer. That's why we are thinking of going for a better solution that will take care of all of our endpoints and work from home situation.

Symantec also has to work on EDI technology. Vendors like Palo Alto and Cisco are coming with their own intelligence and cloud infrastructure in which unknown threats are regularly watched and monitored, and they are reported to the admin.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

I don't know how their support is these days. Their support used to be good in the past before they were taken over by Broadcom.

The initial setup was straightforward. There was nothing complex. The deployment took almost two days.

We used an integrator and reseller for this.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution because of the security concerns and the lack of features that other vendors are providing. Technology is growing day by day, and a lot of other solutions are providing patching for vulnerabilities and other stuff. We are going to move to some other vendor and use the endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology.

I would rate Symantec End-user Endpoint Security a six out of ten.

JK
Technical Manager at Digital World
Stable, scalable, quick and easy to install

• "There are no issues with scalability."
  • "After selling this product, what we have observed is that the system gets slower, which is a major issue."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We use this solution for endpoint response and detections.

We use this in the banking sector regularly.

We also use it for automatic threat protection and for DLP (Data Loss Protection).

What needs improvement?

We would also like to see better pricing. It's almost double when compared to other products.

I have been using this solution for more than seven years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It is scalable. If you get the proper licenses then it scales well. There are no issues with scalability.

We are service providers with many different clients. Some of our customers have 100 users, whereas others have 200, and even as many as 300.

We have completed several installations but have never contacted technical support.

We do a direct installation. It is cloud-based and we can create a diary on the Symantec site.

We create the ID and download the client package.

It can take five to seven minutes to install per node.

If it is in the same network, we don't require much manpower to maintain it. All of the usernames and passwords are in the system. We can deploy remote deployment and installation.

Symantec is expensive.

When compared with Trend Micro and Sophos, it is expensive.

Customers are required to purchase a license.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it. In some organizations, it is compulsory to use Symantec.

Hybrid Cloud
TityaOuch
Manager VAPT at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to manage, priced well, but more Linux support needed

• "The solution is easy to manage."
  • "The solution already has support for Windows, Mac, and Linux but it could improve by having better support for Linux. We have run into some problems when there are upgrades. If they can improve this point, Symantec would be good for endpoint protection as well as for a critical server."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for our network security solution to protect us against threats, such as malicious software and websites.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The solution already has support for Windows, Mac, and Linux but it could improve by having better support for Linux. We have run into some problems when there are upgrades. If they can improve this point, Symantec would be good for endpoint protection as well as for a critical server.

I have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for approximately three years.

When we were not able to find a solution to issues we are having we have contacted technical support. There are times we created a support ticket in the morning and they respond in the evening when we are not available. However, they have been helpful and eventually provide us with a solution, it can take a bit of time.

The installation is not difficult for Windows and Mac OS it will autonomically install, based on the schedule we plan. However, for Linux, we could not do the installation from the Symantec manager and needed to install it one by one on the servers.

One great benefit is we do not need to activate a license for every endpoint. The price is fair.

I have evaluated McAfee and Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

Symantec was bought recently by Broadcom and this could be a reason some might not want to purchase the solution because of their background. However, this solution is popular and competitive with other solutions, such as McAfee or Kaspersky.

I rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

TD
General Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
A stable solution which is easy to install, but could be more secure, scalable and dynamic

• "The installation was very easy."
  • "The solution could be more secure and scalable."

What is our primary use case?

I believe we are using the latest version.

The solution deals with signature-based antiviruses.

What needs improvement?

We are not very happy with the solution and are in the process of moving away from it.

Owing to its limitations, we are currently moving towards EDR products, which we find to be more dynamic.

The solution could be more secure and scalable.

We have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for two or three years.

The solution is stable. As a product, it does what it should, but no more. It will fail to detect a new kind of malware that lacks a signature.

The solution could be more scalable.

I cannot comment on the technical support as I do not deal with them directly.

The installation was very easy.

I do not recall exactly how long it took.

We have a team of around five people, all engineers, who are responsible for deployment and maintenance.

There is a yearly license.

I believe there were other products we evaluated before going with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

There are around 5,000 users in our organization who are making use of the solution.

This solution is only recommended in the initial phases for an organization which is just starting out. But, considering the current threat landscape, I do not recommend signature-based antivirus for any organization.

NA
Credits Incharge at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Stable and easy to use but could do with additional features

• "Their threat protection is very good. We are managing a good number of users thanks to the solution and we are pretty satisfied with it."
  • "Maybe Symantec Endpoint Security could amend their pricing structure, but they always offer a good product."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Symantec Endpoint Security is threat intelligence and endpoint protection. Their threat protection is very good. We are managing a good number of users thanks to the solution and we are pretty satisfied with it.

What is most valuable?

What I've found the most valuable is that it's stable and easy to use. Device control and management is especially easy.

What needs improvement?

Some vendors are starting to give Symantec Endpoint Security a run for their money. Even Symantec's basic DLP features are getting to a point where they're good enough for some organizations' endpoint security needs. The company should be anticipating this. It might be a good idea to introduce some additional features to Symantec Endpoint Security.

I have been using this solution for five to six years.

Symantec Endpoint Security is stable and easy to use.

I have not had much experience with their tech support.

Installation is was straightforward for us. There was not very much to it.

We did get some vendor support but six or seven of our engineers were involved in the process.

Symantec Endpoint Security does have some aggressive competitors and they're offering very competitive pricing. Maybe Symantec Endpoint Security could amend their pricing structure, but they always offer a good product.

We evaluated one other antivirus, but I forgot its name. Symantec Endpoint Security was way better compared to that product.

Download our free Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.