ParveshDhurmea
Assistant Engineer at Harel Mallac Technologies Ltd
Stable, easy to use, and simple deployment

What is our primary use case?

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is used for network security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

I have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for approximately 10 years.

I have found Symantec End-User Endpoint Security to be stable. The time frame for the implementation all depends on the number of users, the number of licenses that have been purchased by the company. The typical time frame is three to four days.

I have approximately five customers using this solution.

The technical support could improve because when you…

What is our primary use case?

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is used for network security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

I have found Symantec End-User Endpoint Security to be stable.

I have approximately five customers using this solution.

The technical support could improve because when you reach level one support there is a lot of delays.

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is easy to deploy.

To do the implementation it is best to have one engineer and one IT person for the job.

We have some customers on a one-year license and others on a three-year license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
JP
Sr India Admin at Aon Corporation
Has live updates but needs to support the EDR function

• "The application and device control are valuable features, and the live update is another one. We have a schedule to check every four hours for the live update."
  • "Symantec End-point production doesn't support the EDR function."

What is most valuable?

The application and device control are valuable features, and the live update is another one. We have a schedule to check every four hours for the live update.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

Symantec End-point production doesn't support the EDR function.

There are certain drawbacks regarding deployment. We have to leverage other things like PPM.
Another major drawback is that we can't do the deployment from the console itself. We have to depend on other products technically.

The reporting is not as good.

Check detection could be improved as well.

I've been using it for three years.

The support from Broadcom has been good.

The initial setup was straightforward. I think it's automatically configured, so we didn't have to do anything.

What other advice do I have?

If you only want the Endpoint Protection solution, you can go with Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. It is an awesome solution.

However, in the case of a large user base, and you also have to take care of the deployment etc., then I would not recommend this solution.

I would rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security at six on a scale from one to ten.

Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
TO
IT Systems Supervisor at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Antivirus with built-in firewall and device control, but lacks advanced malware detection capabilities

• "Some important features that are included are the built-in firewall and device control."
  • "They are lacking the visibility that you get in a heuristical, next-generation AI product."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as an antivirus.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They are lacking the visibility that you get in a heuristical, next-generation AI product.

In the next release, I would like to see any of the features the next generation antivirus and GAV products have, especially the heuristical and the behavioral analysis. It looks at the behavior of the endpoint, and that is how it identifies something that is not to your normal pattern of working.

I have been using it for a year.

There are no issues in rolling it out. Rather, it's more in reporting.

One time we had an issue with knowing a true endpoint time and the reporting. There was a conflict with what was in the console. I think that it was a glitch in verifying the device count.

I have not contacted technical support.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product at what it does, but it's lacking the advanced malware detection capabilities.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RK
Improvation Security System Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Outdated, ancient, and lacks features that current solutions have

• "It's good at detecting signature-based stuff and stopping that."
  • "It needs to die. In my opinion, Symantec was a really great security company, 10, 15 years ago. They went out, they bought all the great tools and then they never did anything with them. So they've just fallen behind and there's nothing that's going to work now to bring them back up the date that's going to regain user confidence."

What is most valuable?

It's good at detecting signature-based stuff and stopping that, but what Symantec misses, CrowdStrike would pick up. I'm hoping to move CrowdStrike 100% to get rid of Symantec.

What needs improvement?

In order to improve, I would like to see active remediation tools, where I can connect to systems and do things directly on the system without having to leave the tool.

I have been using this solution for five years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a two out of ten because I think it is outdated, ancient, lacking the features that the current solutions have. And unfortunately, I think it's being passed around so much that Symantec's now Broadcom, that nobody's given it any of the attention or the love that it needs to keep it a viable solution. Ultimately, I think it's going to die.

AC
Technology Strategy Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Blocks computer viruses

What is our primary use case?

I have the program installed on my desktop. A primary use case involves the prevention of outside intrusions, so that no viruses may enter.

What needs improvement?

I would like things to be cheaper in the next release, although I cannot say which specific function I am referencing.

I have been using the product for around four years.

I cannot comment properly on customer service/technical support since this is an area handled by the IT team. Having said this, as it is on cloud it should not be too time consuming and should be easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the product for around four years.

As for the initial setup, it was my IT team that handled the installation and this can be done directly from the cloud. Everything is on the cloud nowadays and this precludes the need to make purchases. An advantage to cloud installation over that done on premises is that all the updates and security patches and EMP to the particular antivirus may be handled from the cloud itself.

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use this product and definitely recommend it to other users.

Rodrigo Martin
CEO Iberia & Latam at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
Robust, simple to install, and is scalable

What is most valuable?

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is a good product. It's a robust product.

What needs improvement?

There are several new products that offer better protection. The artificial intelligence of Symantec End-User Endpoint Security could be better. The web filter could be improved.

I have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for more than 10 years.

It's a stable product, very robust.

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is a scalable product. We have 500 users in our organization.

Which solution did I use

What is most valuable?

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is a good product.

It's a robust product.

What needs improvement?

There are several new products that offer better protection.

The web filter could be improved.

I have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for more than 10 years.

It's a stable product, very robust.

Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is a scalable product.

We have 500 users in our organization.

I have not contacted technical support.

Apart from Symantec End-User Endpoint Security, I use other platforms. We have many different systems, such as Sandbox products, and other EDRs.

The installation is very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

KY
Chief information technology officer Executive at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Provides great security and is very user friendly

What is our primary use case?

This product is an antivirus system and a firewall system for our companyh. We are customers of Symantec.

What is most valuable?

The product provides great security and is very user friendly. I'm happy with the dashboards and interface.

What needs improvement?

We have issues when we install in older systems, such as Windows 7, it's difficult to carry out the set up on these systems.

We've been using this solution for nearly three years.

The solution is stable.

We only have around 30 users so scalability is not an issue.

We…

What needs improvement?

We've been using this solution for nearly three years.

The solution is stable.

We only have around 30 users so scalability is not an issue.

We had some issues with licensing registration on the company website. We pay on an annual basis and it's a fair price.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product an eight out of 10.

AD
swEngineer at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
High performance, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for protecting our network.

What is most valuable?

The performance of Symantec End-User Endpoint Security is very good. It does not slow down the computer like other solutions.

I have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

I have found Symantec End-User Endpoint Security to be scalable.

I have used Eset Antivirus previously.

Our IT team did the implementation of the solution.

What's my

What is our primary use case?

We use Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for protecting our network.

The solution is stable.

I have found Symantec End-User Endpoint Security to be scalable.

I have used Eset Antivirus previously.

Our IT team did the implementation of the solution.

The price of the solution could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Download our free Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.