JW
Forensic Technology Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Seamless encryption with good stability and offers the ability to scale

• "We have been very satisfied with the solution's security capabilities."
  • "From an administration point of view, maybe it would be ideal to have it centrally managed."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for encryption. It encrypts drives. It protects drives. The information pertaining to the drive is secured.

What is most valuable?

We have been very satisfied with the solution's security capabilities.

The stability is good.

The product scales very well.

The encryption is pretty seamless.

What needs improvement?

The primary objective is to encrypt drives. It's doing a good job. I cannot recall coming across any missing features.

From an administration point of view, maybe it would be ideal to have it centrally managed.

I used the solution more in my previous role, and probably have about four or five years of experience with the product.

The solution has been stable. It does not crash or freeze. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches.

The product can scale if a company needs to expand it. It's not a problem.

We have around 3,500 users on the solution currently.

I've never directly dealt with technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

There wasn't really an implementation process. It's pre-loaded on our Golden Image. It was in with the Windows 10 addition. We didn't have to do anything really.

The product was part of an enterprise solution. Therefore, the pricing was tucked in as part of other Symantec products. It was part of a bundle procurement. There was an antivirus, endpoint encryption, and a whole lot of other Symantec products bundled together.

My understanding is that everything was under a yearly subscription, however, I can't speak to the exact price of the bundle.

What other advice do I have?

Up until last year, I was using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

TS
TitleGeneral Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Works transparently in the background, but it is not user-friendly and technical support needs improvement

• "The most valuable feature is that it works in the background so that the end-users are not aware of what is happening on the laptop."
  • "I do not find the environment to be very user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used predominately for data protection. We want to protect our data in case it is lost, or if we are replacing or upgrading hardware.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I do not find the environment to be very user-friendly.

The technical support is not very good, especially for issues involving the encryption.

If the user loses their encryption key then the process for recovering it is complicated and should be made simpler.

During the last upgrade, I experienced some data corruption on my laptop. I was unable to view the data, nor get support from Symantec.

I have been using Symantec Endpoint Encryption for about ten years.

I would rate the stability as good. We use this solution on an occasional basis.

With respect to scalability, we have had some hardware compatibility issues.

We have more than 1,000 users.

My team is in regular contact with technical support, although I have had no direct involvement with them. I do not find them to be very good.

The initial setup is of medium difficulty. It is neither simple nor complex.

The cost of this solution is a little on the higher side.

After implementing Symantec Endpoint Encryption we have been exploring alternate vendors to look at additional features like application protection. One of these solutions is the native Windows 10 BitLocker, and I am also evaluating a product by Dell.

What other advice do I have?

I do not recommend Symantec Endpoint Encryption. The support needs to be improved.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Symantec Endpoint Encryption. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JC
Assistant System Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Enables us to easily get updates and other encrypted files

• "You get updates and other encrypted files easily."
  • "More features need to be included in the encryption software."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently working with companies in the financial sector which is why we are using this on-premises solution, because their compliance policies do not allow for cloud-based servers. Our clients are using the full encryptions. They're using Symantec Endpoint Encryption to secure their data. If someone loses their laptop, for example, they can wipe their disk and save their data from ending up with a third party.

What is most valuable?

I like all the features in Symantec Endpoint because they provide four or five features for end-users. They have three consoles for managing the data. Symantec also provides the licensing with the software. There is no need to enter the licensing or install files manually because it's bundled with the software. This is a good feature. Also, you get updates and other encrypted files easily. I also like the manage keys.

There is no need to add any features, because they are developing their own encryption methods.

What needs improvement?

Currently, all the software has been managed by BitLocker, but Windows does not suit every encryption management software.

There are many apps that do that kind of thing. All the features are there so I don't think that needs to be on encryption software. I'm working with some end point management software and they are managing the software and connections, what can be installed and what is restricted, etc... But more features need to be included in the encryption software.

I have been using Symantec Endpoint Encryption for one year.

Their scalability is good. They are using three consoles and have full-consoling end point users for our solutions.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would rate Symantec Endpoint an eight.

AD
Personal Banker at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Scalable, easy installation, and simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We use Symantec Endpoint Encryption for security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Symantec Endpoint Encryption can improve by being more secure.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

Symantec Endpoint Encryption is stable.

The solution is scalable. We have approximately 20,000 people in my organization using this solution.

I have not needed to contact support because we have not had any issues.

The installation is easy.

What about the

What is our primary use case?

We use Symantec Endpoint Encryption for security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Symantec Endpoint Encryption can improve by being more secure.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

Symantec Endpoint Encryption is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 20,000 people in my organization using this solution.

I have not needed to contact support because we have not had any issues.

The installation is easy.

Our internal IT team of approximately 250 did the implementation of the solution. Additionally, they do the maintenance for the solution.

There is a license required for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Symantec Endpoint Encryption a nine out of ten.

TG
Specialist: Data Centre Infrastructure at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and use, reasonably-priced, and easy to upgrade

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution to protect my workstation from malware and other threats such as viruses and worms. It is very useful.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use. The stability is good and it is easy to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

The security could be improved.

I have been working with Symantec Endpoint Encryption for six months.

The stability is good.

This product is very easy to install.

I can install and set up this solution on my own. It is quick to deploy, taking perhaps five minutes.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use.

The stability is good and it is easy to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

The security could be improved.

I have been working with Symantec Endpoint Encryption for six months.

The stability is good.

This product is very easy to install.

The license is not very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is absolutely a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

JV
Manager at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Scalable, mostly stable, and good management

What is most valuable?

Its management is good, and it is also scalable and mostly stable.

What needs improvement?

Its decryption time needs to be improved. Currently, its decryption time is very long, and it takes double time than encryption. They need to work on that. Its encryption time is fine.

I have been using this solution for four to five years. I am using its latest version.

There are minor challenges related to the updates for Windows and Mac systems, but it is mostly stable.

It is scalable.

I didn't contact their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I…

What is most valuable?

Its management is good, and it is also scalable and mostly stable.

It is scalable.

I didn't contact their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Symantec Endpoint Encryption an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Endpoint Encryption
Download our free Symantec Endpoint Encryption Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.