Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Overview

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Threat Defense tools. It is most often compared to Check Point Harmony Mobile: Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile vs Check Point Harmony Mobile

What is Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile helps predict, detect and prevent physical, malware, network and vulnerability exploits to protect businesses from mobile cyberattacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is also known as Skycure.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Buyer's Guide

Download the Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Customers

Samsung, Optiv, Exchange, MobileIron, Check Point, McAfee, AirWatch

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Video

IslamMoussa
Head of IT at Faisal bank
Stable and scalable but application and device control needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

Your endpoint protection depends on the signature piece, so it's mainly for virus and malware protection, as well as also to control devices and applications. We use the on-premises version of Symantec Endpoint Express. We work in the banking industry and due to our regulations from the Central Bank of Egypt, we are not allowed to use any cloud services.

• "Your endpoint protection depends on the signature piece, so it's mainly for virus and malware protection, as well as also to control devices and applications."
  • "Application and device control needs to be improved. We also need to enhance login features for management to have good visibility of the events."

What other advice do I have?

If anyone wants to go with Endpoint Protection or Advantage Endpoint Protection or EDR, he should make a proper POC. He should make that POC by himself, he should be in direct contact to get the data and bring the vendors for each product to stand up for their own product. The efficiency of the product, detection rate, etc., are all factors that should be considered. I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.
EO
Assistance Manager, ICT Communication at a energy/utilities company with 11-50 employees
A good security solution that offers excellent integrations but is a bit expensive for the market

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is to secure our mobile devices. The company hosts our mobile devices and needs to secure them because they hold our emails and part of our data.

• "Integration is good. You can integrate them with an off-brand endpoint solution. It has quite a few integration features you can use."
  • "The price is too expensive for the Egyptian market here. Compared to other products or the other competition here in the local market, they need to be more competitive cost-wise."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model. I would rate the solution seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point Harmony Mobile vs. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YY
Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy take control of off-site mobile devices and wipe data, but the support needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for wiping mobile device data remotely or taking full control of the device.

• "The most valuable feature is to be able to power up a device and wipe the data remotely."
  • "Having better, real-time support would be an improvement over having to send an email."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because, in today's workplace, where people are bringing their laptops home, it is important to have the ability to take control of them remotely. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
TK
Manager (Operations IT) at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good stability and fair pricing

What is our primary use case?

The primary use varies from client to client.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a lot of extremely useful features. It's reliable and makes search engines more powerful. The user interface is good. Managing and monitoring tools are also good.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if there's anything lacking; I personally don't use the solution too much, so I'd have to look at it a bit and do some more research. I'm more on the operation side of things.

I've been using the solution for eight or nine years.

The stability of the solution is good. I'd rate it eight or nine out of ten.

Technical…