SG
Senior Manager MI & BI (Senior Vice President) at Faysal Bank Limited
User-friendly, but technical support and customer service need to be improved

• "This is a user-friendly solution that is easy to use."
  • "Technical support and customer service need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using Talend for ETF functions in connection with our RDBMS system.

We are in the process of moving from RDBMS to Big Data, so we may not be using Talend in the future.

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly solution that is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We need to use a more complete solution that includes data governance, data quality, data lineage, data classification, and data security. At a minimum, they should include some data quality rules and functionality, and perhaps some login features.

Technical support and customer service need to be improved.

There is no log available.

We have been using Talend Open Studio for about two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

Scalability hasn't been a problem.

We have never received responses to our queries from the company, so we are totally unsatisfied with the support.

We are using the Community version of Talend, which has some limited functionality.

The paid version of this solution has a very high price, but even with the limitations, the Community version works fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good solution. Of course, there is lots of room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Irshad Ahamed
Assistant Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good solution for data parsing and processing big data

• "It's a good tool. It has the ability to take apart and install whatever we need. It's very good for data, transformation, and loading."
  • "We don't get continuous replication of the data."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for creating an information hub for the bank database.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We don't get continuous replication of the data. This is something that should be improved. Other competitors have it but for this solution continuous replication is lagging.

I have been using Data Fabric for the past year.

It's quite good for processing big data. We don't have any issues with stability.

Scalability is quite good.

We have contacted their technical support. It's good. We have a Talend expert in-house who handles most of the problems we need help with.

The initial setup is very straightforward for us. We have one file size as it is.

Pricing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

If you want an information hub, this is a good solution but if you want continuous replication, I wouldn't recommend this solution. Talend is a good tool for data parsing.

I'd rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because of the continuous replication.

Learn what your peers think about Talend Open Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RG
Head of Data at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
An intuitive and easy to use solution that comes with so many connectors

• "It has got so many connectors. It is intuitive and easy to use."
  • "It is not as visually appealing as some of the other tools."

What is most valuable?

It has got so many connectors. It is intuitive and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It is not as visually appealing as some of the other tools.

We have been working with Talend Open Studio for five years.

It is a stable solution.

It is scalable. At the moment, six or seven users are using it.

They've been good.

It was moderately straightforward.

Price could be lower. It is getting too expensive when compared to some other solutions, which is actually a little bit concerning.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good enterprise solution. We are about to migrate to a public cloud. They've got lots of extra features when you go to the cloud, especially around data management and data quality. They're definitely a leader. Gartner has included them in the top quadrants. They're just getting a little bit pricey. They've got to be careful of their pricing.

I would rate Talend Open Studio an eight out of ten. It is pretty good.

OB
BI developer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Integrates well with multiple data sources but the support could be improved

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for development purposes. This solution is installed on my PC. For the project that we're currently working on, I am the only user.

What is most valuable?

Talend can connect to multiple data sources, including relational data sources, ERP, CRM, and others.

What needs improvement?

Talent consumes a lot of resources on my PC. Also, the support could be better.

I have been using Talend Open Studio since April 2020.

There are always new versions being released — new updates. Periodically, we upgrade it to avoid any old bugs.

As it's open-source, there is no commercial support. We…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Talent consumes a lot of resources on my PC. Also, the support could be better.

I have been using Talend Open Studio since April 2020.

As it's open-source, there is no commercial support. We just use the forums and ask the community when we need help.

The initial setup was very easy.

I installed it myself.

We use the open-source version. It does the job well for nothing — without cost. That's the advantage of this product.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Talend. It's open-source and it's a good product. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Talend a rating of seven.

IsmailLahbabi
Data Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Able to handle lots of data, offers great features, and overall has a lot of advantages in the market

• "We're able to handle large amounts of data with ease."
  • "The pricing could be lower. They should work to make it more affordable."

What is most valuable?

The solution, in general, offers us a lot of great advantages.

It has a lot of very interesting features that we can use.

We're able to handle large amounts of data with ease.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall any missing features within the solution. Overall, we are happy with it.

The pricing could be lower. They should work to make it more affordable.

The solution can sometimes be slow from time to time while using the server. It would be ideal if it was more responsive.

The solution can sometimes run slow on the server. We'd like it to operate faster.

I've worked with SSIS in the past, and I've found that Talend actually offers many more features and capabilities.

The solution's pricing could be better. Its costs are a bit high.

What other advice do I have?

We're primarily customers and end-users. We aren't partners with Talend.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall. We're mostly quite happy with the product.

Adil Varadkar
System Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward implementation and very user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators of Talend and I'm a system analyst.

What is most valuable?

I'm very happy that the solution is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really had any issues with the solution although it would be helpful if it were a little more intuitive and that it would include a better setup in between versions.

I've been using this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

Most of the technical information is readily available so we haven't really used the technical support.

It's simple to install, but sometimes you can get stuck with things…

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators of Talend and I'm a system analyst.

What is most valuable?

I'm very happy that the solution is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

It's simple to install, but sometimes you can get stuck with things so implementation can take longer which is a bit of a pain for us. There are five people in our company using this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: integrator
Herve OKAN
Consultant Business Intelligence at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
A safe and easy data integration solution

What is our primary use case?

We use it to integrate data; we take several folders, transform them, and store them in the database, which is PostgreSQL.

What is most valuable?

Talend is safe to use because it is very restrictive. It is easy to use when one learns how to manipulate data with SQL.

What needs improvement?

As for improvements or additional features, I would like to know how to use Java in Talend and also how to use Talend in the cloud or in big data. I would prefer to have storage directly in Talend.

I have used Talend Open Studio for a year and a few months.

I have been able to find the solution I need and continue working with Talend's good technical support.

How was

What needs improvement?

I have used Talend Open Studio for a year and a few months.

It was not difficult to install.