Talend Open Studio Overview

Talend Open Studio is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to SSIS: Talend Open Studio vs SSIS

What is Talend Open Studio?
Talend's open source products and open architecture create unmatched flexibility so you can solve integration challenges your way. Talend reduces the learning curve and lowers the barrier to adoption for data integration, data profiling, big data, application integration, and more.

Talend Open Studio is also known as Open Studio.

Talend Open Studio Buyer's Guide

Download the Talend Open Studio Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Talend Open Studio Customers
Almerys, BF&M, Findus
Talend Open Studio Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Talend Open Studio pricing:
  • "Talend is free and you can download it."
  • "There are many versions available and one is open-sourced which is free."

EB
Data Integration Specialist/CTO at Asset messages
A complete product with good integrations and excellent flexibility

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for integration. I consolidate data from several different databases and spreadsheets and merge systems into Amazon Redshift.

• "The solution has a good balance between automated items and the ability for a developer to integrate and extend what he needs. Other competing tools do not offer the same grade of flexibility when you need to go beyond what is provided by the tool. Talend, on the other hand, allows you to expand very easily."
  • "The server-side should be completely revamped."

What other advice do I have?

I am an IT Consultant. I use it currently in my job. I'm providing services to a company in Australia, using Talend. I would advise others to use the Studio. If you have to pay for some license to use the key parallelize component, it's a good idea to do it. However, don't use the TAC. Use the other orchestration services like Control-M or AWS functions such as AWS Lambda. Don't use the TAC. The TAC is really ugly. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, the TAC is unreliable. It's a big part of the solution, and, while I do really appreciate Talend Studio…
WM
Practice Head, Analytics at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Useful data stewardship and data preparation features but lacks documentation

What is our primary use case?

One use case for Talend Data Management is using it for data integration from multiple data sources and then to build our customer's golden record.

• "The data integration aspect of the solution is excellent."
  • "The documentation is lacking within the product. They need to get better at all aspects of describing how it works and how to use it."

What other advice do I have?

We are the solution provider. We are the company that implements such solutions as Talend. We are not the user of the solutions themselves necessarily. We are the reseller as well as implementation partners and the implementing partner of Talend. We have resources who work on these tools and who implement solutions for our customers. The version of the solution we use varies from client to client, especially for Talend. They have multiple products, including Talend Data Management and Talend's Data Integration Pipeline. A lot of our customers are using the open-source version of Talend. Some…
Learn what your peers think about Talend Open Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Martin Stufi
CEO at Solutia, s.r.o.
A user-friendly, platform-independent solution for data integration and process automation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data integration, especially in our big data projects. For the past year, we have also been using Talend Open Studio for process automation. Some of the operations done by human beings are now automated. We also deliver this solution to our customers. Currently, all of the solutions that we deliver to our customers are on-premises.

• "A helpful feature for us is the integration with NoSQL databases."
  • "The price for Talend Data Integration should be less expensive."

What other advice do I have?

We are totally satisfied with this product. We have not found any problems. It is an open-source, platform-independent, and pretty stable. My only complaint is that the commercial version is very expensive. There are some limits, but the commercial version is unlimited. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
VasylMazur
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Presents an easy and understandable way to implement data quality features and ensures data quality

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for broader data synchronization, data storage, data transformation, data integration, and other data processing.

• "Talend Studio has the ability to use it to ensure data quality."
  • "The technical support and documentation need a lot of work to come up to standard."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this solution as an eight out of ten. To give the product a higher score they would have to improve several things. This would start with improving technical support. As far as advice that I have for people considering this solution, I think that this is a very good product which will be able to resolve most peoples' business needs. I recommend it for use depending on your business needs and situation.
Matej Špik
Senior System Administrator at a integrator with 51-200 employees
Useful took that's easy to use and has a good support community

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case is for connecting legacy applications. We fill a new ERP and we also fill some legacy applications which we can integrate directly in ERP so we use Open Studio for this integration.

• "We have contacted their technical support. They are great. They offer very professional help. If I need some technical answer, they are very professional. They are quick, professional, and very accurate."
  • "If I compare Open Studion to other solutions, their interface is robust but not so fancy looking. This is an area that could use improvement. I would like to see an updated interface."

What other advice do I have?

It's great software for someone who is starting in this area. It covers all the basics. You can work and you can learn from scratch. It's pretty easy to start and to create. It's pretty easy to start and to create an integration. I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's a lot easier to start. You can find a lot of information on the internet. It's a big community. They offer great solutions, which you can use with your use case. If there's a problem you can solve it yourself. With Talend Open Studio you can go to Google and you'll find a lot of different cases with similar problems. If you want…
AC
Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A solution that offers good scalability and stability with a responsive technical support team

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution just to pull the data from the source to the landing zone. We are using the administrative console as well.

• "The initial setup was quite straightforward. The deployment took between two and three days."
  • "The profiling perspective needs improvement. Instead of using it in the studio, we are using a different tool which is also provided by Talend. It's redundant."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the AWS public cloud deployment model. I would recommend the product. As long as you follow the best practices you will get what you want out of it. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
WM
Practice Head, Analytics at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Superior data integration, handles large data sets, documentation needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

One of our clients' use case was for data integration from multiple sources and then to build our customer golden record.

• "The most valuable features are definitely data integration, data preparation, and data stewardship."
  • "he overall marketing and documentation of this product need to improve a lot."

What other advice do I have?

There are many different version of this solution that fits into the customer's needs. We have supplied versions best suited for data management, data integration, pipeline and many others. The version varies from customer to customer and some are using the Open Source Talend. Some are using the licensed version and others for the data stewardship. For those wanting to purchase this solution, there are some important things to consider. This solution has better multiple pre-built connectors than competitors, which is good for any client or any business, because today, in most of the cases…
AM
Senior BI Developer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Comes with many connectors for different databases, but training videos would help a lot

What is our primary use case?

I use Open Studio for operational data in the telecom industry. We were working with the data, connecting or joining the tables between different data sources with a very large volume. We perform data preparation and transformation and then look deeper into the details.

• "The drag-and-drop feature in the interface is very good."
  • "Having additional training materials, such as a video tutorial, would be an improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution but I would prefer it if it were easier to find information on how to use it, such as training videos. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
See 13 more Talend Open Studio Reviews