Teradata Analytics [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Teradata Analytics [EOL]?

Teradata Aster® Analytics Portfolio provides a suite of ready-to-use, multi-genre advanced analytics functions that empowers business users to uncover and operationalize non-intuitive insights. Teradata Aster Analytics includes the Aster Database, Aster Client and the Aster Portfolio that consists of SQL, SQL-MapReduce and Graph functions for multi-genre advanced analytics. These functions provide everything from data acquisition and preparation to analytic modeling and visualization.

Teradata Analytics [EOL] is also known as Teradata Aster Analytics, Aster Analytics.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Teradata Analytics [EOL] Video

Archived Teradata Analytics [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user874128
Principal Data Scientist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Runs complete data sets with no sampling, but we have struggled with uptime

• "nPath has made journey/path analysis much easier."
  • "It has been fantastic for running complete data sets (no sampling required)."
  • "I would like to see more/better documentation. They also need to enhance analytic/data science algorithms."
  • "We have struggled with uptime. Some of the features need to be updated."

What is our primary use case?

I use Aster Analytics in our Marketing group for analyzing customer interactions and paths that lead to churn. We have a system with 50 hosts and 1680 CPUs.

How has it helped my organization?

All of our marketing data is in one place. Every analysis uses straightforward PostgreSQL. Speed is good now that we’ve upgraded hosts.

What is most valuable?

nPath has made journey/path analysis much easier.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more/better documentation. They need to enhance analytic/data science algorithms. They will be connecting into open-source so this may be moot.

Three to five years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution at six out of 10. It has been fantastic for running complete data sets (no sampling required). However, we have struggled with uptime. Some of the features need to be updated.

it_user836490
team lead software engineer & data analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Streamlines formulating solutions based on SQL-like queries

• "Provides ease of formulating a solution based on SQL-like queries."
  • "I have found some problems with the figures depicted on graphs and figures shown, like scores which could not be negative but which were depicted as such."

What is our primary use case?

I used the the association analysis to show related transactions which had similar contexts. The machine was a Gentoo Linux, 16GB RAM.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed for the rapid development of a solution delivered to the client, showing, for the specific use-case he had, monitoring defects. It also showed which types of parts were used more often when repairing certain machines having similar incidents.

What is most valuable?

Aster AppCenter was used due to ease of formulating the solution based on SQL-like queries.

What needs improvement?

There are also development issues. Development not using the provided wizard is somewhat hard. It uses the gephi engine, which offers great value to the Aster Analytics AppCenter – generates meaningful visualizations in a short time.

The product is stable as far as I know.

I did not have the chance to test scalability.

Four stars on a scale from one to five.

I used many solutions, this seemed appropriate at the moment.

The setup was quite straightforward, I used the virtual machines as provided. As for the production environment, it was set up according to the installation manual and worked right out of the box – no issues.

R, Knime, Talend, MS SQL, and many more.

What other advice do I have?

Stick to the user guide, it is very comprehensive, and check the blogs on the Teradata web site.