Teradata IntelliFlex OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Teradata IntelliFlex?

Teradata IntelliFlex delivers real-time intelligence to place vital data into the hands of front-line decision makers, while extending traditional data warehouse functionality into the realm of tactical decision making. With IntelliFlex, you can combine both these strategic and operational workloads in a single data warehouse.

Download the Data Warehouse Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Teradata IntelliFlex Video

Archived Teradata IntelliFlex Reviews (more than two years old)

Gary Nelson
Senior Technical Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Faster and more resilient with zero downtime in the twenty years we've used it

• "It is very stable. It's 100% uptime. Speed and resilience are one of the greatest features of this product. In almost twenty years we've never had downtime, except for outages for patches and upgrades. We've never had a system failure in twenty years."
  • "They should add more connectors to different platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We currently use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case of this solution is as an enterprise tech warehouse for business intelligence across different domains.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been using Teradata for close to twenty years and this version is a lot faster and more improved than the previous version that we used. It gives us more. It gives us the ability to be more resilient. It has fallback on default. We always have a copy of the copied data. There's more resilience and from a banking perspective, that is a good thing.

What is most valuable?

Having continual fallback is good for security. We use the standard TTU utilities. That's what we use with all the different versions. It's faster and more resilient.

What needs improvement?

They should add more connectors to different platforms.

It could use a more powerful CPU and a faster IO.

I have been using this solution for the last twenty years. We upgraded to the version we are currently using in December.

It is very stable. It's 100% uptime. Speed and resilience are one of the greatest features of this product. In almost twenty years we've never had downtime, except for outages for patches and upgrades. We've never had a system failure in twenty years.

Its scalability is first class. We can easily add more nodes to it. We have around three to four thousand users.

We have 100 people maintaining different applications. We don't currently have major plans to increase usage.

Their technical support is excellent. If you have a P1 you call within the hour.

The initial setup was straightforward. We didn't have any problems installing the new platform. The deployment took six months.

We implemented it ourselves.

We didn't evaluate other options because we've been using Teradata for 20 years. We update versions.

What other advice do I have?

It's an excellent product. It's tried and tested with large organizations. The on-prem product is very powerful. Teradata has a cloud option. Both are good options. It depends on what your organizational plans are.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

MP
Services Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
User-friendly and has good parallel processing

• "Intelliflex is very scalable. In fact, scalability has improved 100 times by Intelliflex, in my personal opinion."
  • "The reporting side wasn't very good in the past, but with the latest versions, it's getting better. Still, the friendliness of the PDC reporting and functionality needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to store data.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the Rolls-Royce of data warehousing. Because of the way it's been developed, and the parallel processing, there's no other system in the world that can touch it. I don't think it's there yet, but if you're using Tableau, it's much more user-friendly when you want to start reporting. On Teradata, I think there are some improvements that need to be done because you still have to be an expert to understand PDCR.

What needs improvement?

I have 11 years of experience with Teradata.

The stability is incredible.

IntelliFlex is very scalable. In fact, scalability has improved 100 times by IntelliFlex, in my personal opinion. Many large scale companies in South Africa are using it.

Everything is in a controlled environment and you've got tools where you can log calls, and prioritize the issues. Everything is clearly defined from the start so there's minimal downtime. The Teradata system is so redundant that if something goes wrong, the client won't even pick up on it; the part can be replaced and the system won't even be offline because almost everything is swap-able.

There is also Teradata University, and a lot of tutorials you can do for training. It's all very professional.

I was in the SAP environment for many years and moved away from that to focus on Teradata.

Teradata is very professional when it comes to the way they handle installations. They work according to a trans-control process, so every installation that has been done or installed by Teradata is pre-approved by technical experts.

Once the product is pre-approved, we will install it according to a trans-control process, and anything that we do regardless of the system is being recorded by the lease management. Going forward, everybody knows what exactly is happening on the system, including what the latest releases of any firmware on the system are. It's a controlled environment.

We used a consultant for implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend Teradata IntelliFlex. There's not a better solution on the market. It's one of the best data warehouses you can find.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

Product Categories
Data Warehouse
Download our free Data Warehouse Report and find out what your peers are saying about Teradata, Oracle, Apache, and more!