TestProject OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TestProject is #19 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools. IT Central Station users give TestProject an average rating of 8 out of 10. TestProject is most commonly compared to Katalon Studio:TestProject vs Katalon Studio. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is TestProject?

TestProject is a free end-to-end test automation platform for web, mobile, and API testing that’s supported by the #1 test automation community.

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

TestProject Customers

IBM, Wix, Flir, Payoneer

TestProject Video

TestProject Reviews

Natália Santos
QA Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides

• "Ability to carry out automatic testing without having coding knowledge."
  • "Difficult trying to configure on more than one browser."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a QA specialist and customer of TestProject.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features the solution offers is the chance to be able to perform automatic tests by recording, and to create them without having coding knowledge. You need to be able to configure the elements but it doesn't require a high level of coding experience. I'm very pleased with the tool and the testing I've done has been positive. The only thing left now is to test how it behaves with the Angular solution. This solution is quite easy to use, it's great. Once we start using it, I think it will prove to be very functional and intuitive. Documentation is very clear and useful for a regular user to configure and use it.

What needs improvement?

I have had some difficulty trying to configure it on several browsers. I was able to configure several tests, but I can run in one browser only. Whenever I run a test they always fail when they need to pass between browsers. Perhaps that's my issue but I haven't found a solution to the problem. I've also noticed that the solution blocks a little when I try to use the auto-propose function. Those are the limitations I've identified till now but I need to carry out additional testing. Although documentation is good it would be helpful to be able to access instructions to help with understanding some of the functionalities.

I had worked with this solution several years ago and then moved to another solution. I've returned to TestProject over the past few weeks to refresh my knowledge.

TestProject is an open-source tool, and it feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides.

I looked at Katalon Studio and was trying to run the solution over a software we've developed in the company. It's a web application that is developed in C# and Java and Angular. I was looking for an end-to-end tool that allows me to create automatic tests. I downloaded and tried to explore it but wasn't able to get the necessary performance.

What other advice do I have?

There are some things related to this solution that I'm not quite sure about yet so for now I will rate it an eight out of 10.

Luigi Iuliani
Chief Technology Officer (Co-Founder) at Bluestone
Codeless test creation has significantly reduced the time required for test script maintenance

• "Since implementing this solution, our code management has been reduced by 40% to 60%."
  • "TestProject needs better support for integration with other products to provide a better overall solution for test planning and test data management."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for QA testing in a DevOps framework.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the codeless test creation or codeless scripting.

Using this solution has significantly reduced the maintenance required for test scripts.

It is easy to deploy and use.

What needs improvement?

TestProject needs better support for integration with other products to provide a better overall solution for test planning and test data management.

I have been using this TestProject for more than seven years.

This is a stable solution. The stability has improved from version to version with bug fixes.

It is used in every project and we increase usage, depending on project requirements.

We use it across the enterprise, so it is scalable.

We have analysts, testers, and project managers who use TestProject. There are quite a few people who use it.

The technical support is good.

We did use another solution prior to TestProject and we switched for many reasons. It is easier to use, the code maintenance is low, and the recognition of the object is better.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took one day and we did it project by project.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

We have three people who are responsible for maintenance. One of them is a tool administrator and the other two are specialists.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a strategy around project structure for testing.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this tool is that it is a good way to help your testers and wrap up their work more quickly.

Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Katalon Studio, SmartBear and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SA
Director Technology Services at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Effective automation, flexible, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using TestProject for test automation.

What is most valuable?

The automation and AI are very good.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, there should be a SaaS offering available.

I have been using TestProject within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable and flexible.

Technical support is an area they need to work on, they are too slow to resolve issues.

What other advice do I have?

What is our primary use case?

We are using TestProject for test automation.

What is most valuable?

The automation and AI are very good.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, there should be a SaaS offering available.

I have been using TestProject within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable and flexible.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is for them to test it in their environment before they purchase. They should follow the proof of concept process because every environment is different.

I rate TestProject a seven out of ten.