Thycotic Password Reset Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Thycotic Password Reset Server is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Password Managers. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure Key Vault: Thycotic Password Reset Server vs Microsoft Azure Key Vault

What is Thycotic Password Reset Server?

Thycotic Password Reset Server simplifies end-user password management. By allowing employees to reset their forgotten Active Directory passwords directly from the web portal or Windows login screen, Password Reset Server can drastically cut help desk calls, reduce costs, and improve staff productivity.

Calls to the help desk for password resets can reach up to 50%. Password Reset Server automates Active Directory password resets to free up IT help desk staff from time-consuming, inefficient processes and gets employees back to work.

Download the Enterprise Password Managers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Thycotic Password Reset Server Customers

BAE Systems, Microsoft Game Studios, Adobe, USDA, Honda, Back United, Garmin, Activision, NATO, NPR, Vistaprint, HubSpot, Kellogg's, AT&T, Kaplan Medical, AAA, Netflix, De Beers

Thycotic Password Reset Server Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Thycotic Password Reset Server pricing:
  • "They are priced quite well."

Thycotic Password Reset Server Reviews

VG
System Analyst at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Secure, priced well, and has good support, but the integration could be improved

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is that it provides us with a secure way of managing passwords."
  • "I would like to see improvement with the integration with Azure Active Directory. This would mean that we can have support on multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Mac."

What is our primary use case?

I'm working in India in a private IT firm and we are working as a consultant for Thycotic, and Azure Development.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it provides us with a secure way of managing passwords.

I also like the integration with the Active Directory of the Windows platform. It is really good.

Thycotic has a roadmap for moving to the cloud. The cloud version is also really good.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have integration with various platforms, such as Azure Active Directory on multiple platforms. Adding this type of feature can add to Password Reset Server.

I would like to see improvement with the integration with Azure Active Directory. This would mean that we can have support on multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Mac.

Currently, it is a standalone application, but if it could be combined with other Thycotic products, it would be a good on-premises, as one platform. It would be altogether a very good package.

I have been working with Thycotic Password Reset Server for approximately one year.

This solution is stable.

Technical support is very good.

The initial setup is very easy.

They are priced quite well.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Thycotic Password Reset Server a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
DR
Principal Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Offers a good zero trust piece

What is our primary use case?

We use the most updated version.  One of our customers wanted automation in respect of the solution.

What is most valuable?

I really like the zero trust piece.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and deployment can be cumbersome.

I have been using Thycotic Password Reset Server for about a year.

Nothing about technical support gave me room for pause.

The initial setup and deployment could be simplified.

I do not have knowledge about costs or fees.

When making a decision about which solution to purchase, it…

What is our primary use case?

We use the most updated version.

One of our customers wanted automation in respect of the solution.

What is most valuable?

I really like the zero trust piece.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and deployment can be cumbersome.

I have been using Thycotic Password Reset Server for about a year.

Nothing about technical support gave me room for pause.

The initial setup and deployment could be simplified.

I do not have knowledge about costs or fees.

When making a decision about which solution to purchase, it often comes down to a choice between Thycotic and CyberArk. The cost and features one gets with the latter provides a little more value and saves money in the process, although the former is somewhat easier to deploy and to get up and running.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Thycotic Password Reset Server as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Password Managers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Thycotic, ManageEngine, CyberArk, and more!