TIBCO BusinessWorks OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TIBCO BusinessWorks is the #12 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to Mule Anypoint Platform: TIBCO BusinessWorks vs Mule Anypoint Platform

What is TIBCO BusinessWorks?
TIBCO BusinessWorks allows to connect applications, whether on-premises or in the cloud, providing proven reliability and scalability, out-of-the-box. With a drag-and-drop graphical development environment, TIBCO BusinessWorks eliminates the pain and cost of point-to-point application integration, connecting and unifying business processes across applications, data sources, and APIs, with access to real-time data across all your platforms.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

TIBCO BusinessWorks Customers

Euler Hermes, QSuper, Scandinavian Airlines

TIBCO BusinessWorks Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TIBCO BusinessWorks pricing:
  • "It is a bit expensive for medium-sized companies. If you are migrating from the current version to the container-supported version, it is quite expensive. The existing licensing will not work because the product platform itself is different."
  • "My understanding is that the licensing is very costly."
  • "Its price policy has changed quite a lot in the last two years. It was extremely expensive previously. Nowadays, you can buy a license for BusinessWorks for €2000. Looking at what you get in return in terms of support, TIBCO community, and stability, it is fairly reasonable. It is not too expensive."

NB
GM - Enterprise Application Integration at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable and has connectors to many of the legacy systems, but needs better pricing and fixes for stability issues in the latest version

What is our primary use case?

This solution is for enterprise application integration. Basically, it does the integration between the applications. If you want to integrate multiple systems, it lets you expose an API. For a business application that is running on, for example, AS/400 or COBOL system, if you want to expose some information pertaining to the system, TIBCO would also play a role there. It will get the information from the latest system and just transform it into a simple format and give it as a response to the operating system. We are currently using versions 5.14 and 6.5.

• "It is very stable. It is a market leader, and it has connectors to many of the legacy systems. It also has enterprise cloud connectors."
  • "Its price can be improved. For medium enterprises, it is a very expensive tool. In the market, you won't get many resources for this solution. You won't find many developers in the market very easily. The latest version of TIBCO (6.4 or 6.x) is not very stable. It has got many issues. We have raised this with TIBCO, and they are taking a lot of time to come up with a fix, which is making us move away from this product. Some of the performance-tuning aspects are also missing in version 6. They should provide performance-related fixes, which will be helpful for the customers. If you are migrating from the current version to the container-supported version, it is quite expensive. The product has evolved, but it is very pricey. That's one of the challenges. They have provided all the features that are there in other products, but this is a platform upgrade. The platform has completely been changed from 5.x to 6.x, and we can't use the same environment. We can't run both versions on the same server as VM. The development environment is entirely different. In version 5.x, there was a proprietary designer. Now, it has common plug-ins developed on top of Eclipse."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for big companies. It is a stable product. I would rate TIBCO BusinessWorks a seven out of ten. They should fix the outstanding issues in version 6.
AK
Senior Manager Enterprise Integration and Order Management at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Ease-of-use and simplified deployment makes projects fluid

What is our primary use case?

We using TIBCO BusinessWorks 5 and the container edition to work with integrations.

• "The most valuable part of the solution is the ease-of-use and ease of deployment."
  • "The container-based image is too large and this makes auto-scaling difficult."

What other advice do I have?

The only caveat I would tell people considering this solution is that there are issues with the container-based image. It needs to be made much smaller. But as a tool to help you work doing what it was made to do, it is a very good product. On the scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would you rate TIBCO as a nine-out-of-ten. If you see the amount of work that we do with it and the kind of revenue and customer experience because of the value that we get from TIBCO, the high rating is warranted.
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Denodo, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VD
Founder at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Robust, easy for developers to work with, and the support is wonderful

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We are using this in the banking industry and we have some APIs that are based on BusinessWorks.

• "The most important thing is that it is easy for developers to work with."
  • "The cost of this product is too expensive for smaller companies or those with a small number of integrations."

What other advice do I have?

For enterprise integration, this is definitely a very fitting product. I am talking about an organization that has a large number of integrations. However, for cases where there is a low number, this is definitely not a good choice because of the cost. I don't think that it's a good fit for the small customer. The vendor has also come up with a cloud-based integration, which I think will ultimately be good but to my knowledge, at this time it hasn't picked up well yet. I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.
Fabio Ferri
Managing Director at Catenate
Excellent technical support, good high availability and load balancing, good stability, and reasonable price

• "The high availability, tolerance, and load balancing features are top-notch. Its scalability features are also pretty cool."
  • "The Business Studio tool can be improved, which is the tool for designing the processes. Improving the Business Studio tool will make this solution more stable. It has a steep learning curve, and it is pretty tough to learn."

What other advice do I have?

It is good in terms of high availability and scalability, but for every feature, there are some parameters that you need to use to tune the performance. You need some experience to know exactly what to put and where to put it. It is the same thing that you feel with MuleSoft Eco or WSO2 solution. If you want to tune the performance, you need to play around with different parameters and properties. It is a technical tool, and you need a technical person. I would advise others to just play around. You can download the software and play with it. As with every tool, the more you play, the more you…
MahmoudAbu-Ghali
Solutions Development Senior Manager at Zain KSA
User-friendly and has good scalability options

What is our primary use case?

BusinessWorks is the regional and official software of the company.

• "It is user friendly, it's not complex."
  • "They don't support out of the box - you have to buy adapters or you have to have the technology."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be that they don't go with TIBCO 5 but to go with TIBCO 6. TIBCO 6 is richer in terms of integration technology and has more modern architecture. On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd give TIBCO BusinessWorks an 8.
AG
Head of IT Integration & Finance Transformation at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Completely reliable with good performance and stability

What is our primary use case?

This product is useful for all aspects of corporate integration. Our front-end channel does not have B2B connections to the legacy systems; it's all done by TIBCO which presents services that do the communication between the different applications of our architecture enabling direct links to the different applications.

• "Good performance and reliability."
  • "Could be more user friendly in the development area."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.
Ramesh Shan
Vice President at Citigroup
Offers many opportunities to do synchronous processing and has good time to market

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to trigger campaign management related marketing for our customers.

• "The most valuable features are the stability and the time to market."
  • "There are not many plugins available to integrate the databases. We have to write it in Java and integrate it. The developers should have more knowledge. These are the three main aspects that they could improve."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Tibco Businessworks a nine out of ten. There are a lot of opportunities to do synchronous processing. In the next release, I would like for there to be more integration with big data ecosystems. There should be more plugins.