TIBCO EBX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TIBCO EBX is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Master Data Management (MDM) Software tools. It is most often compared to Informatica MDM: TIBCO EBX vs Informatica MDM

What is TIBCO EBX?

TIBCO EBX™ software helps organizations avoid silos with an all-in-one approach to managing data assets across the enterprise.

When you can manage and share all your data assets, you thrive. Data fuels mission-critical operations, analytical processes, and customer experience. With constantly evolving data from diverse channels and sources, business teams can no longer rely on simple office automation or outdated data management tools. EBX™ software, a recognized leader in Master Data Management (MDM) and a pioneer in data asset management, is an innovative, single solution for managing, governing, and consuming all shared data assets, including:

• Master data
  • Reference data
  • Hierarchies
  • Business glossaries
  • Metadata

It provides risk mitigation and an accurate, trusted view of business functions, insights, and decisions. When used for integration and analytics initiatives, it empowers better decisions and faster, smarter actions. And unlike other solutions that require integration of multiple standalone applications, EBX software is a single software solution.

TIBCO EBX is also known as TIBCO MDM, Orchestra Networks EBX.

Download the Master Data Management (MDM) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

TIBCO EBX Customers

BNL, SunGard, TUI Group, Uti Worldwide, Yellow Pages Group

TIBCO EBX Video

Archived TIBCO EBX Reviews (more than two years old)

Lourens Janse Van Rensburg
Snr MDM Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Everything is in one place, is easier to use, and it has good API features

• "The API and the data model are very valuable features."
  • "In terms of improvements that this solution needs, it should support big data."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant, my job is to implement this solution. I deploy the on-prem and cloud models.

What is most valuable?

The API and the data model are very valuable features.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvements that this solution needs, it should support big data.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It's extremely stable.

It can scale, you need the scalability.

They provide very good support.

I previously used several solutions but I couldn't find all the solutions in one place, so I had to piece together lots of separate systems to do the same thing. Now EBX does everything for me. I used the hybrid model but I switched because EBX does everything. Everything is in one place and easier to use.

The initial setup is a little complex. It's not something that users can just quickly do themselves.

I am the consultant that does the deployments.

I'm just involved in technical, but I understand that its pricing is similar to HP so it is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering it.

I would rate it a ten out of ten because it's the best.

reviewer1021770
Technical Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Supports 360-degree MDM view

What is our primary use case?

Deployment is super quick. Turn around time is great. The product uses Java as its underlying platform, so integration with external apps is easily achievable. With a huge amount of data (multi-million rows in a table), the tool may slow down.

How has it helped my organization?

Great MDM product. Multiple solutions use this product. I would highly recommend to new customers.

What is most valuable?

Deployment is super quick. Turnaround time is great. Supports 360-degree MDM view Great out-of-the-box configurable access permissions.

What needs improvement?

EBX should target becoming horizontally scalable. Currently, it supports vertical scalability only.

More than five years.

Which solution did I use

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Deployment is super quick.
  • Turnaround time is great.
  • Supports 360-degree MDM view
  • Great out-of-the-box configurable access permissions.

More than five years.

I moved away from Informatica and PeopleSoft.

Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Informatica, SAP and others in Master Data Management (MDM) Software. Updated: September 2021.
541,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user146115
National Integration Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
​Great integration tool for complex integration environment - large range of adapters and connection software.​

What is most valuable?

Version 5.13 is stable and well supported but uses proprietary Dev environment

Version 6 moves to open source but is not very stable and not very usable.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Version 6 needs more work - stay with 5 unless you have to move.

Several years.

The technical support is very good.

Replaced SAP PI in some areas - much better and easier to implement.

It takes a while to set up but once installed works well

Has reputation for being expensive - there are cheaper alternatives however don't offer the range of adapters or integration experience that TIBCO has.

What other advice do I have?

TIBCO seems to be emphasizing on analytics and other areas rather than integration which were its roots.

it_user328815
Senior Technical Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
It creates one view for all source systems so we know the availability and status of other features in their various systems, though it changes records too often, creating bigger bundles to load.

What is most valuable?

The real time, and easy integration with in-memory databases like Active Space for better throughput.

How has it helped my organization?

I used it for a couple of clients. The one I can use is what we did with Kohls retail. We created one view of the product for all source systems so we knew the availability and status of other features in their various systems.

What needs improvement?

It creates a bundle of all its related entities and its versions too, so the record changes too many times, it ends up with a bigger bundle to load, and this results in it taking longer to update/view.

I used various versions of product from 7.9 to 8.3 for almost 3 years. I used it in conjunction with Tibco Active Space.

The product is stable, but it depends on the app server.

The customer service is good, we get all levels of expertise on it.

I previously used Teradata MDM, and by comparing that I found it better. Currently I am using Informatica MDM, which I found have great features along with a strong ETL tool for integration.

The initial set up is pretty straightforward, but customization may take time depending on the complexity of your setup.

I have done implementations for a product teams professional service group. If you have a good level of support from Tibco, then you will have a better turnaround for your problems.

I think the pricing of product may be high because it comes with whole set of other tools required for integration. So it will take some time to get the ROI as we implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Nowadays there are lot of MDM tools available in market, but I would recommend Tibco MDM if good throughput is required with its integration layer.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners. I used to work for TIBCO.
Download our free Master Data Management (MDM) Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Informatica, SAP, and more!