TIBCO tibbr OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is TIBCO tibbr?
Tibbr is the social network for work. It brings people, files, applications and actions together so work gets done faster.

TIBCO tibbr is also known as tibbr.

Download the Enterprise Social Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

TIBCO tibbr Customers
InterPortPolice, Thomson Reuters, Wingstop
TIBCO tibbr Video

Archived TIBCO tibbr Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user685332
Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

The gaps in the API are filled by our own R+D and the publish mechanism is very reliable. I also find the product to be stable.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this solution to deploy our social network within the company, in addition to news and document sharing.

What needs improvement?

The API is awful. We needed to develop a batch load tool in order to send automated events to Tibber API. The current API version is not well documented, i.e. the current version of the API in the software doesn't correspond to the web-documented API. We had to imagine parameters and names. We had difficulty making it all work, as the login/SSO mechanism was not properly explained so that we could perform external logins to the API and use their features.

I have used this solution for one year.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

The technical support is bad. We asked technical support a few questions and it was very difficult to get them answered, even though they were simple questions.

This solution is expensive, poorly extensible, and customizable. In other words, I would not recommend it.

What other advice do I have?

I would only advise using this solution if its core functionality meets your needs. If you need something extra, go for another solution.

Innovation consultancy with 51-200 employees
Full featured mobile app for every OS is a valuable feature but more customizable features would be an improvement

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use
  • Easy to integrate
  • Security - both on-premise and cloud
  • Full featured mobile app for every OS
  • Subjects (virtual spaces where people with same topics to talk on, aggregate themselves) with unlimited sub-subjects to best support little groups in the day-by-day work.

How has it helped my organization?

• Marketing & Sales (improved communication and sharing information)
  • Customer service (answer queries in less time, less duplication of work
  • Idea collection
  • Sharing, voting and evaluating (with transparency, for more people involving); and many others...

What needs improvement?

More customizable features, particularly in mobile app; better preview of document and images stored in other cloud services (like Google Drive, Dropbox and so on)

For two years.

High.

Medium.

We previously used Yammer. We changed because the flat groups structure is difficult to use when there are some hundreds of group, and so people don't easily find the group they are searching for and create another group that (sometimes partially) duplicates the scope of an existing group. This way of working isn't good enough.

It's not about technology but the change of mindset of people. Starting from searching for existing aggregations, evaluating real processes they use, information they exchange and making use of cases in tibbr to concretely show the new way of working, then the project becomes a success.

We used a vendor team who were very professional.

Typically the classical "ROI" is about seven months from full deployment, but there are a lot of benefits that we can't measure with this metric, like more dissemination of knowledge, fast internal expert finding, less internal emails, less waste of time, and better employee engagement. All of these things aren't directly money, but indirectly it can become a lot of money.

It's a matter of negotiation.

We also looked at Jive as it has a lot of features, but much harder to use, and so many features in the real world are not used. Also, IBM Connection, but this is complex solution, and difficult to integrate.

What other advice do I have?

Start using the out of the box features of tibbr, integrating only the things absolutely necessary, make use of cases and support in the best way for the users, then they became your advocate.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner for a consultation project
Product Categories
Enterprise Social Software
Download our free Enterprise Social Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Microsoft, Slack, and more!