TitanHQ SpamTitan OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TitanHQ SpamTitan is #15 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools and #22 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. IT Central Station users give TitanHQ SpamTitan an average rating of 8 out of 10. TitanHQ SpamTitan is most commonly compared to Barracuda Essentials:TitanHQ SpamTitan vs Barracuda Essentials. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
What is TitanHQ SpamTitan?

SpamTitan blocks spam, viruses, malware and other email threats by over 99.9%. We provide sophisticated email security for your business without making it complicated.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

TitanHQ SpamTitan Customers
De Montfort University, Scope Services, Park County School District, NRC, Quality Smith, Toyota, CarTrawler, Videotron
TitanHQ SpamTitan Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TitanHQ SpamTitan pricing:
  • "We are on a per-user or per-mailbox monthly subscription. We are happy with the price of the solution. When comparing it to other solutions it is much cheaper."
  • "The price of this solution is low. When you do purchase everything is included in the licensing cost."

TitanHQ SpamTitan Reviews

Adrian Buenaventura
IT Technical Manager at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Seamless email categorization, powerful antivirus scan engines, and reliable

• "I have found the feature that creates seamless categorization of emails valuable. This is most likely done by having a large database to compare and to identify what are the domains that are currently spammers."
  • "The inter mailbox email flow needs improvement. If you are in the same domain, it does not have the capability to transfer one email to the same domain through SpamTitan. They need an API for Office 365 which is currently being developed"

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft exchange for our email and this solution for anti-spam email security.

One of the use cases is, since we migrated from G Suite to Microsoft Office 365, we were experiencing lots of unwanted emails, payload or attachments, and some phishing emails from unknown sources being sent to our company email. Previously we have experienced a lot of this type of email traffic with G Suite as well. This is the first time the company is using an anti-spam or email solution.

What is most valuable?

I have found the feature that creates seamless categorization of emails valuable. This is most likely done by having a large database to compare and to identify what are the domains that are currently spammers.

The antivirus scan engines that they have incorporated with the solution are powerful.

What needs improvement?

The inter mailbox email flow needs improvement. If you are in the same domain, it does not have the capability to transfer one email to the same domain through SpamTitan. They need an API for Office 365 which is currently being developed.

In an upcoming release, it would be beneficial to add DNS filtering or something that is capable of identifying the URLs that are harmful to a computer if it is clicked. We are currently looking for these features. However, we have been told they are currently in development and will be available this year.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have been using this solution in my previous company and they have been using it just before I left in 2018. This is the second time I recommend this solution to a company because of its reliability.

This solution only has one purpose and that is for segregating emails. There are a lot of other competitors that have offered more. We are currently looking into other vendors for these additional features.

We have approximately 1700 licensed users of Office 365 being protected by this solution.

The technical support is responsive. However, I did experience some delays and this is only due to the time difference from where I am located. They are completely straightforward when giving their support.

We use Microsoft Exchange Online in conjunction with this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I have evaluated Microsoft Defender.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution to others.

I rate TitanHQ SpamTitan a nine out of ten.

RA
Senior IT Administrator at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Easy to manage, simple implementation, but has reliability issues

• "The solution is not hard to manage."
  • "The solution is very slow, it crashes and we have difficulties getting emails."

What is most valuable?

The solution is not hard to manage.

What needs improvement?

The solution is very slow, it crashes and we have difficulties getting emails.

In an upcoming release, I would like to see a cloud version of the solution.

I have been using the solution for approximately two and a half years.

We have had issues with the solution crashing, they have not been able to fix it.

We have 100 users using the solution in my company.

I have used many different types of solutions in the past such as open-sourced versions, Linux filters, AVS, Cisco, and Forcepoint.

The setup was simple.

We did the deployment and maintenance of the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We are wanting to change from this solution to a different one. I would recommend spending the extra money on a good solution, it will save you from having issues later.

I rate TitanHQ SpamTitan a six out of ten.