Toad Reviews

rating
KeremDoğan
Senior Software Developer at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 12 2017

What is most valuable?

This product is fast to learn and a user-friendly tool. It's most valuable to me because of its great shortcuts. It really helps on development... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Whatever database issues I have faced, I have solved them with the Quest Toad product.

What needs improvement?

Maybe it could be optimized by using less RAM memory. Also, this product may have stability issues.

I'm a developer and don't know much about pricing. The license is on our company, but I guess it's the most expensive database IDE.

I have tried Oracle SQL Developer before, but I prefer to use Toad. It really is faster to build solutions with Toad.
Javid Ur Rahaman
Senior Practice Director at Forsys Inc
Jan 24 2018

What is most valuable?

Its compatibility with Windows 10 is the most valuable feature for me. This is because all new laptops and news users will be upgrading Windows... more»

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with support for Oracle RAC, allowing us to manage and maintain our database health. We used this product in trial edition to... more»

What needs improvement?

The reporting feature need to enhanced. They also need to enhance big data features in the next release.

The pricing is a little expensive. Toad needs to offer more competitive pricing to have more adoption.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product every database admin and developer must have toolset.
Find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, IDERA, Oracle and others in Database Development and Management.
301,664 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Denzil Newman
Developer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Sep 18 2017

What do you think of Toad?

What is most valuable?: Running queries, because that's kinda important. • How has it helped my organization?: It hasn't. • What needs improvement?: The IDE is slow and, now, very buggy, Autocomplete being especially bad. • For how long have I used the solution?: Years. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: Lots. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: Probably, but that's a big question. • How is customer service and technical support?: Poor. • Which solutions did we use previously?: Yes. I switched because SQL Developer was still in its infancy. • How was the initial setup?: Complex. Despite requiring a key which only allows specific features, the installer still asks you to select all the features (from a...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Toad

301,664 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Toad Questions

Toad Projects By Members

Toad Consultants

What is Toad?

Toad Data Modeler helps you create high-quality data models. This data modeling tool enables you to easily deploy accurate changes to data structures across more than 20 different platforms.
Toad customers
Zions Bancorporation
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Database Development and Management solution is right for you?

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, IDERA, Oracle, and more!