TOPdesk OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TOPdesk is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: TOPdesk vs ServiceNow

What is TOPdesk?
Excellent service management made easy : Happy customers are the goal of every supporting department. We understand. That’s why we’ve created a solution that helps you improve customer communication, manage workflows and keep track of assets. But above all: our software is simple and attractive. This not only makes it pleasant to use, but also quick to adopt. You’re looking to deliver excellent service from day one – and TOPdesk is here to help. TOPdesk delivers one integrated service platform for IT, FM, HR and other Service departments with a build Self Service Portal, asset management, reporting and integration platform( see also our TOPdesk Marketplace for selection of connectors). Some key features include : Call Management, Incident and Service Request Management, Service Catalogue, Asset & Configuration Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Project Management, Operations Management, Reservations Management, Stock & Order Management, Contract Management and SLA's, Survey Management, Self Service Portal, Form designer, Portal designer, Event & Action Management, Knowlegde Base, Report wizards, Resource Management, Barcode, CAD and Exchange integration TOPdesk helps you streamline your ITIL, Agile, Sox, KCS, ASL/BISL, GDPR compliance Result at our global customer base : 98% customer retention rate 99% of our implementations within budget and timeframe 90% up and running within 3 month NPS score of 35 (4500 cusotmers) 98% customer recommondation score 4,7 score at Gartner Peer Insights Our ecosystem consist of : 4500 customers across 45 countries > 300.000 daily users > 15.000.000 supported end-users 40+ partners What makes TOPdesk unique? • ITIL-based modules for all your service needs: from Ticket and Asset Management to Reservations Management • License based on end users or service agents, whateveris best for you • Unlimited number of assets or self service users • Easy to implement: get up and running quickly • Choose between on-premises or SaaS

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

TOPdesk Customers
City of Amsterdam, University of Edinbroughm, IKEA, KLM Catering Services, FloraHolland, BOVAG, PostNL, Total, Hilton, Oce, Canon, Agip, Compass Group, Serco, Danone, BMW, Eneco, And many more.
TOPdesk Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TOPdesk pricing:
  • "The cost of the solution on a yearly basis is $20,000. Technical support is not extra. It's included in the yearly cost. Updates are also included. The solution is good at keeping its product up to date."
  • "Compared to other products in this segment, I think that they are priced well and not too expensive."

TOPdesk Reviews

RB
Service Desk Team Leader at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helpful asset and reservation management capability, with professional and responsive technical support

• "When it comes to implementing new features, they listen to what their customers want via a suggestion forum that they have."
  • "This solution is modular so you only buy what you need, but I prefer what some companies are doing where they include everything in the package."

What is our primary use case?

We use TOPdesk for asset management, incident management, change management, and configuration management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are incident management and reservation management. It allows us to book out laptops and assets that we have here at the college.

When it comes to implementing new features, they listen to what their customers want via a suggestion forum that they have. They will update the solution, or let you know whether they are looking into it.

The reporting module that they have is comprehensive.

What needs improvement?

This solution can integrate with most products, but it is based on consultancy fees.

I have been using TOPdesk since 2008.

Since moving this solution off-premises, with them hosting it, the stability is pretty good. It is being used all the time.

The scalability has to do with the licenses. It's just a case of buying extra licenses if we need more people to use it. We have more than 3,000 students and about 500 staff, on and off, full-time equivalent.

We are in contact with technical support from time to time and they're very good. They're polite, professional, and relatively quick when it comes to reporting faults with them.

The time it took to deploy was approximately two days.

We had consultants come in to help set it up when we originally purchased it.

The licensing is based on the number of users and the modules that are installed.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to carefully consider the modules that are required. There are some available that they may not need and the price at the end of the day depends on it.

As we have moved to an off-premises deployment, we get regular updates. They tend to listen to what their customers want and they try to implement what they can as well. Overall, it is quite good. For example, there is a chat feature that is now being introduced and more features related to workflows for incident management that have been a great help.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
TB
Head of ICT at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has some good modules but lacks effective reporting

• "Its ITSM approach is quite useful."
  • "The solution's change management could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the whole ITSM life cycle including incident management, operations management, quality management, change management, service level management and configuration management.

What is most valuable?

Its ITSM approach is quite useful.

The call module is very good. The service level management module behind it is also very good as is the new asset management module.

What needs improvement?

The solution's change management module could be better.

The fact that it's very modular is causing headaches when working with reporting.

We've found that many clients who use the solution need to have other reporting solutions on top of it because the native solution is lacking good reporting.

The solution lacks some functionality and integration with other modules which makes it difficult to run big projects.

We've been using the solution since 2016. It's been about four years now.

The solution is quite stable. We've been satisfied with its performance.

We've found the solution to be scalable enough for our needs.

We have 400 users on the solution. It's an ITSM solution, so we have two interfaces. One is for users requesting service and the other one is for operators offering the service. It's 400 users and 30 operators.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past and have been quite satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. We were lucky to get a blank database that was already pre-configured from a consultancy company assisting us in setting up an ITSM system. From that point, it was simple. I can't really tell when starting from a totally blank TOPdesk database if it would be more difficult or not.

We had the assistance of external consultants for the initial implementation. They weren't TOPdesk employees.

The cost of the solution on a yearly basis is $20,000. Technical support is not extra. It's included in the yearly cost. Updates are also included. The solution is good at keeping everything up to date.

What other advice do I have?

We're a TOPdesk customer.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. In some fields, it's just not good enough. There are still some improvements that need to be made on the product in order for it to get higher marks.

Find out what your peers are saying about TOPdesk, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: September 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ludo_Van Der Marel
Specialist TOPdesk (SaaS) applicatiebeheer & business consultancy at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Service management solution with good incident management and good technical support

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the incident management module."
  • "Change management implementation, facility management, and making reservations on assets can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for IT service management in many different companies.

I am mainly an application manager, but also an end-user. Most of my experience is with governmental organizations and many service providers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the incident management module.

What needs improvement?

Change management implementation, facility management, and making reservations on assets can be improved.

In the next release, I would like to see more artificial intelligence algorithms within the software. This would have more self-learning capabilities and additional features.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

This product is stable and we have not had any issues.

It's a scalable solution.

Technical support is great and we have not had any issues with them.

When you are deploying on-premises, you need assistance from DBAs or system administrators. Depending on their availability, it can take three days to have it up and running.

When you are using SaaS, deployment can be done within a few hours.

Most of the time is needed for implementing your procedures or incident management, and change management. You have to figure out all of the settings so that the product will fit your company. That will take more time.

The pricing module in my opinion is good. It suits small companies as well as large enterprises.

For much smaller companies, it may be priced too high.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution mainly because I am experienced in administrating it and I cannot compare it with other products, such as Jira.

If you are considering TOPdesk, I would say go for it. Absolutely.