NA
Credits Incharge at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Can be used to easily update policies on the cloud

• "I'm using the cloud solution, which I really like. I like being able to update policies on the cloud so that when users who are working from home connect to the internet, their laptops will be updated automatically. I also like that this solution is easy to use and is stable and scalable"
  • "More integration with different platforms would be great, as everyone seems to want the solution to integrate with each team."

What is our primary use case?

We currently have limited users, less than 100. We have found it difficult to manage users who are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Trend Micro Apex One has been a good option to update policies. I change the policy on the cloud so that it will be drilled down or updated automatically on the laptops when the users connect to the internet.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been very useful, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic when so many users are working from home. Trend Micro Apex One has enabled us to easily update policies on the cloud so that they will be drilled down or updated automatically on the laptops when the users connect to the internet.

What is most valuable?

I'm using the cloud solution, which I really like. I like being able to update policies on the cloud so that when users who are working from home connect to the internet, their laptops will be updated automatically. I also like that this solution is easy to use and is stable and scalable.

In the case of ransomware files, artificial intelligence is used in some places to start encrypting the files. I like the fact that Trend Micro Apex One has an option to restart the process and back up the files that are being encrypted.

What needs improvement?

More integration with different platforms would be great, as everyone seems to want the solution to integrate with each team.

We have been using this solution for a couple of years.

I feel that it is a stable solution that is easy to use as well.

I think Trend Micro Apex One is scalable. Right now, we have limited users, under 100.

We have been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security and added Trend Micro Apex One to our environment.

Installation is very simple when a web portal is available. You can log in and create the policy. The initial setup process took about one to two hours.

I was able to implement it myself with the help of the vendor.

The setup is easy, and if your servers are managed on the cloud, you won't need to hire additional staff for deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Trend Micro Apex One at nine. If you are looking for a data solution along with the end point, this would be an option to consider.

Also, Trend Micro Apex One has DLP options.

Vikas Ingle
Infrastructure and security Lead at a program development consultancy with 201-500 employees
Feature-rich, easy to install, has good performance and good support

• "Trend Micro Apex One has good features and is lightweight."
  • "They could improve the integration with Active Directory."

What is our primary use case?

We have 1,000 machines or endpoints that we need to protect. We use Apex One to protect them.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro Apex One has good features and is lightweight.

It has good performance.

When I compare it with other solutions, it's good. There are no other features that I haven't been able to find.

What needs improvement?

There are some things that could make Trend Micro Apex One better.

They could improve the integration with Active Directory.

As Apex One has its own structure it is very difficult to click on files. Once integrated, it can import the OE structure of the Active Directory. It will make it very easy to click on files and get back to control.

We also use the device control, which is host named. I have to either lock or allow a hostname. By default, it is locked. For example, USB access and drive access will be blocked in the organization. If you need to allow some endpoints, we have to allow that particular hostname. Now anybody can log in to that host and use that USB access, but it should be user-based.

I would suggest that Trend Micro Web Proxy, TMWS a proxy solution that has a separate function integrate into one single agent.

Currently, you have one endpoint with one agent for the anti-malware DLP and another agent, for the proxy. If they could integrate both into a single agent. That would be great.

We have been using OfficeScan for the last six years.

Apex One was previously OfficeScan.

We are using the latest version.

Overall, the product is good. I don't have any issues with the stability of Trend Micro Apex One.

We have contacted technical support several times.

Technical support is good.

Earlier I was using McAfee and changed to Trend Micro Apex One. McAfee was also very good but Trend Micro provides more features and is more lightweight.

We are in the process of implementing XDR.

The installation process was not much of a challenge.

Trend Micro has very aggressive pricing, but it is also very good. It is one of the reasons we chose to use Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to use this solution, I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are not satisfied with the solution that you are currently using.

I would rate Trend Micro Apex One a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
Networking & Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, flexible, and easy to use

• "The product has proven to be very flexible over the years that we have had it."
  • "The integration capabilities could be a bit better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security. It helps protect us from malware and viruses for the most part.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

The product has proven to be very flexible over the years that we have had it.

The stability has been very good so far. It's reliable.

We've found the initial setup to be quite straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I am a supervisor for the technical team. My technical team has used the product for the most part. I don't use the solution in a technical sense and therefore it is difficult to discuss what might be lacking or where changes may need to be made.

The integration capabilities could be a bit better. right now, it's my understanding that they are not as strong as they could be. It's an aspect that could be improved in future releases.

I've been using the solution for about five years or so. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable and the performance has been good overall. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have around 2,000 users on the solution right now.

Technical support, in general, has been manageable. They are helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide to us.

The initial setup is very easy and quite straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with it. The process is not overly complex or difficult.

A full deployment only takes three to five days, and therefore isn't too time intensive in general.

We have three staff members that can handle deployment and maintenance responsibilities.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We didn't use a consultant or integrator at all. We're integrators ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're systems integrators.

We're using the latest version of the solution right now.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly happy with the product and its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Anand Dhouni
Assistance Manager-IT at ONGC Petro additions Limited
Integrates well, stable, scalable, and has good support

• "The main benefit is the threat intelligence network of Trend Micro."
  • "The DLP model needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as our endpoint security solution.

What is most valuable?

We are very satisfied with Trend Micro products.

The main benefit is the threat intelligence network of Trend Micro. It is very good.

It checks all signatures to ensure they are the latest and most up-to-date with the latest vulnerabilities.

The threat intelligence network is very good in Trend Micro.

It integrates well with different products. We are currently using three or four different versions of this endpoint. We use it in the security sector, we use Deep Security and it is working very well.

What needs improvement?

The integration needs to be improved. We are using the IDLP models and DLP models.

When integrating we are having some issues with the customization of our DLP policies.

The DLP model needs improvement. When compared to other market DLP products it is not as strong.

We have been using Trend Micro Apex One since 2018. Prior to this, it was known as OfficeScan.

Trend Micro Apex One is quite stable.

It is a scalable product.

We are an enterprise business with approximately 1300 endpoint users.

Technical support is fine. When we raised issues or complaints they would respond and resolve the issues in a timely fashion.

Earlier, I was working with OfficeScan, which was the previous brand.

We also use Trend Micro Endpoint, and Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector, and Deep Security.

I have been using Trend Micro Endpoint for the last five years.

With Trend Micro Deep Security and Trend Micro Apex One, the use cases are different. One is directly designed for server security and the other is for endpoint devices, which are mostly Windows 10 and Windows 8.

We are using Deep Security for our server and Apex One for our endpoints.

The initial setup of Trend Micro Apex One is easy.

From a commercial aspect, it is a bit higher compared to other market products.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Trend Micro Apex One a nine out of ten.

Sowjanya Mallela
Technical Security Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to implement, with excellent support and good performance

• "When comparing to other products the console is much more user-friendly, and it's easy to implement."
  • "We have received many complaints about how slow the system is on the first day of implementation."

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators and we work with many different products.

We have four to five customers that we have implemented Apex One for and everyone is quite satisfied.

Our customers are using this solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro is very good.

The performance is good and the control is user-friendly.

When comparing to other products, the console is much more user-friendly, and it's easy to implement.

What needs improvement?

When implementing and you don't have a third-party tool, it can be difficult. Most people are working from home and using their own network to connect to the local office, so implementing these authorities can be challenging.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One for more than two years.

There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution.

Our customers are large companies with more than 5,000 users.

Customer support is excellent. They respond very quickly.

We have faced some issues with McAfee.

The features in Sophos are very good and the detection capability is excellent.

It's very easy to implement.

Depending on the customer's environment and the features they are using, it can take two to three people to maintain and manage.

If they are using the device's central application to control everything at once for more than 2,000 users then a single person can't handle all of the modules. This would then require more people for maintenance.

The price is very good compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Trend Micro, especially if they have a low budget.

If they have a larger budget then I could suggest Sophos, which is also a very good product.

It is all dependant on the customer's budget.

JZ
Product Specialist at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Lightweight, automatically scans websites and email attachments, and easy to use

• "I can run a full scan and it won't cost too much in terms of resources, which is good."
  • "I would like to see behavior analysis capabilities included."

What is our primary use case?

This product is set up on our company laptops and I used it to scan files to ensure there is no virus or malware on my PC.

What is most valuable?

Sometimes when I browse to a website, there will be malicious content and it will be pointed out by Trend Micro.

This product automatically scans my email attachments to make sure that there is no malware or any malicious code.

Another advantage is that the level of resources it consumes is not very significant. I can run a full scan and it won't cost too much in terms of resources, which is good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see behavior analysis capabilities included. This type of module can effectively detect an attack, like ransomware. This is not something that I have at the moment.

The dashboard could be a little bit easier.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One since I joined the company, six or seven years ago. The company was using it prior to that.

This product is quite stable and reliable.

There are between 200 and 300 users in the company.

Our IT department handles technical support, so if I need help then I don't contact the vendor directly.

Our IT department is responsible for deployment and maintenance. They follow ISO compliance and keep the product up to date.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This product is easy to use, doesn't consume too much in terms of resources, and has automatic scanning. Because of these features, I recommend it to other users.

Harun Rashid
Presales & Implementation Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Excellent and efficient end point security for enterprise companies

• "I think this is the best solution in the category of endpoint protection, it's really excellent. It's better than McAfee."
  • "Could channel video more efficiently."

What is our primary use case?

I've installed this product for clients numerous times. Each situation is different but usually it's for companies with a minimum of 50 users. One client had 200 users of Apex One, another 500 and I also had a larger client with 1,500 users. It's an enterprise license. I'm a pre-sales and implementation engineer and our company is the Apex One local partner in India.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I think there could be improvement in a couple of areas, particularly with technical support and making the solution more user friendly. They could channel their video more efficiently and develop a root functionality solution control across all functions.

I've been working with this solution for two years.

It's a stable solution, no problems.

This solution is very scalable, it's great.

In general the technical support is very good, although lately I've been less satisfied with the local support here in India.

Initial setup is straightforward, it takes a day. Deployment requires between two and five people depending on the size of the company.

What other advice do I have?

I think Apex One is a very good product for end-users. Some of the features you get here are also available in Symantec which is a better package, but Apex One is a better end solution. Symantec and McAfee both have good solutions but Apex One and Symantec are the best for end point security. For singular implementation, Apex One management is great for application control and deactivation.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Anthony Jeyaraj
System Engineer at Connex Information Technologies
Easy to set up, good technical support, and the protection is always up to date

• "The most valuable features are the vulnerability protection and virtual patching."
  • "The reports are not eye-catching from the customer's point of view, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Trend Micro Apex One is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

This solution scans for vulnerabilities that can originate from anywhere around the world.

This is a product that is always up to date.

Integration with third-party products is supported.

What needs improvement?

The reports are not eye-catching from the customer's point of view, which is something that should be improved.

We have been working with Apex One for three years.

We have had no complaints from our customers about stability.

Our customers are satisfied with the scalability of Apex One.

The support provided by Trend Micro is very good. We have had no issues with them.

We have worked with Carbon Black and their solutions do not compare with Trend Micro.

The initial setup is straightforward. The length of time required for deployment depends on the customer's environment and what other products they have. The average time to deploy Apex One is about two and a half months, which includes integration, client setup, and other things.

Our clients generally do not have to do any maintenance because everything is updated through the Trend Micro Smart Protection Server.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend. That said, there is no product on the market that is 100%.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Trend Micro Apex One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.