Trend Micro Deep Discovery Overview

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. It is most often compared to Darktrace: Trend Micro Deep Discovery vs Darktrace

What is Trend Micro Deep Discovery?

Deep Discovery is available as a physical or virtual network appliance. It’s designed to quickly detect advanced malware that typically bypasses traditional security defenses and exfiltrates sensitive data. Specialized detection engines and custom sandbox analysis detect and prevent breaches.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is also known as Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector, Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Buyer's Guide

Download the Trend Micro Deep Discovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Customers

Allied Telesis, Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, Babou, Blekinge County Council, Delacour, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, Live Nation Entertainment Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, McGill University Health Centre, Mikuni Corporation, OKWAVE, Sinar Mas Land, SWICA, UTOC Corporation

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Discovery pricing:
  • "Overall, the price is good."
  • "The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition."

AA
Network Support Specialist at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Helped us to improve our security levels and protects our internal network from any external threats

What is our primary use case?

We use the onsite version, not cloud. Our primary use case is for intrusion detection, including threats, malware, and basically anything that might be a threat. Traffic that is intercepted from emails going outbound or inbound is also analyzed.

• "Generally speaking, it just gives us a broad understanding of exactly what kind of threats occur. The submission point, analyzing point, and virtualization are within the environment that it supports. It helped us to improve our security levels and protect our internal network from any threats outside."
  • "There are certain aspects of flexibility in the policies that should be added to Deep Discovery."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it based on how I have seen our network improve and the better insights we got on our traffic. The only thing is that everything requires a little bit of studying to check the infrastructure and requirements. All in all, the variety of products provided by Trend Micro will give you a huge step up into checking and defending yourself from any threats. That includes threat prevention, as well as analyzing emails and endpoints in general. You have a full package of products to support every single aspect of the network. I would give it an eight of ten, just because…
Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan
Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good HTML file sandboxing and great technical support, but stability isn't 100%

What is our primary use case?

Normally we use the solution to send the traffic. We get traffic on it and once I get the traffic, I get the SPN diagnosis and all the network services diagnostics and whatever else that I run in the office file server. It scans through that. For example, when we download some files, in our portal we are uploading some of the activity documents, as well as Excel and Word documents, etc. They get scanned through and we have DDI Rules that are enabled for the file management. Basically, any uploading, downloading, etc. of items from our website server get scanned and analyzed.

• "The HTML file sandboxing is very good."
  • "The stability of the solution could be improved. It should be 100% stable, but it's not there right now."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very nice, but I would suggest to others that they test as many use cases as they can at the beginning. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Deep Discovery. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Dmytro Ostapenko
Pre-Sales Engineer at Elcore Distribution AG
Intuitive, user-friendly, and easy to use solution that helps to detect advanced threats and attacks

What is our primary use case?

I work for a distribution partner company. We use the on-prem, physical model of this solution.

• "The most valuable feature is that the user can customize images of virtual machines in the sandbox functionality. The other vendors only use images that were created by the vendor but not the customer, end-user or partner. This helps to detect advanced threats and attacks."
  • "I would like the ability to analyze all files in our internal network, at the same time on different operating systems. Not just three of them, but as many as possible."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten.
ÖA
Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good Ecosystem, and easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators. We work on integrated systems. Our clients use this solution to know what is happening in the network and to analyze it.

• "I like the sales operations testing. and support."
  • "I would like to see integration with third-party tools to improve the visibility of the dashboards."

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend it. I like working with this solution. I would rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector a nine out of ten.
RN
Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Protection that limits the threat quickly and is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to protect the equity, command, and control and botnet infections.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the protection and that it is fast.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them create a rule where It could integrate with the network and start mitigating with auto-detection.

I have been working with this solution for six months.

This solution is stable we have not had any issues.

We have plans to scale it to FortiGate. We have checked it to 10GB and it was fine. I am the only user.

How are customer service and technical

VA
CEO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Advanced features, sandbox environments, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring for advanced persistent threats, the system runs in a sandbox allowing for effective zero-day exploits management, and the Inspector has a built-in sandbox.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be able to integrate better with third-party infrastructure.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

We have customers that are small and enterprise-sized companies using this solution.

The initial setup is…
Download our free Trend Micro Deep Discovery Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.