Trend Micro Deep Discovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is the #10 ranked solution in our list of top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. It is most often compared to Darktrace: Trend Micro Deep Discovery vs Darktrace

What is Trend Micro Deep Discovery?

Deep Discovery is available as a physical or virtual network appliance. It’s designed to quickly detect advanced malware that typically bypasses traditional security defenses and exfiltrates sensitive data. Specialized detection engines and custom sandbox analysis detect and prevent breaches.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is also known as Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector, Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Customers

Allied Telesis, Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, Babou, Blekinge County Council, Delacour, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, Live Nation Entertainment Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, McGill University Health Centre, Mikuni Corporation, OKWAVE, Sinar Mas Land, SWICA, UTOC Corporation

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Discovery pricing:
  • "Overall, the price is good."
  • "The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition."

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Reviews

Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan
Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good HTML file sandboxing and great technical support, but stability isn't 100%

• "The HTML file sandboxing is very good."
  • "The stability of the solution could be improved. It should be 100% stable, but it's not there right now."

What is our primary use case?

Normally we use the solution to send the traffic. We get traffic on it and once I get the traffic, I get the SPN diagnosis and all the network services diagnostics and whatever else that I run in the office file server. It scans through that. For example, when we download some files, in our portal we are uploading some of the activity documents, as well as Excel and Word documents, etc. They get scanned through and we have DDI Rules that are enabled for the file management.

Basically, any uploading, downloading, etc. of items from our website server get scanned and analyzed.

What is most valuable?

The HTML file sandboxing is very good.

Their technical support is very good and extremely responsive.

The solution, overall, offers very good features.

What needs improvement?

The licensing costs could be improved and simplified.

If they could integrate the solution with the endpoint agent, that would be ideal. I understand that's not possible currently.

Since this is a technical device, it would be great if they could just allow us to integrate it with some of the existing VMs or our existing devices. These are all central devices. If they can offer the solution on VM boxes, like virtual systems, that would be great. That way, our hardware costs, electricity costs, and database space costs and all can be lowered.

Currently, a solution called Apex One is on the market and it has features that allow for more integrated security. They should try to emulate this a bit more. It has better bundles.

I've been using the solution for more than one and a half years.

Sometimes there needs to be a stability test done. We did tests and checked up to around 20 or 25 samples. Out of those tests, two missed. There were two things that the solution didn't detect but were later detected on the endpoint. It's therefore not completely stable. It misses things.

The scalability of the solution is okay. It's fast.

All of our users are currently on the solution.

The technical support is good. They're immediately in contact with us the moment we reach out to them. That's never been a problem. We've been quite satisfied with the level of service they've provided.

We previously used McAfee.

The solution doesn't have a very common setup. The initial implementation is a bit different. However, anyone can handle it as long as they review the necessary documentation. They just need to read the manual, and then they can handle the implementation. I would suggest it has a medium level of difficulty.

For us, deployment took about three days. That includes configuring the solution as well.

I handled the implementation and the configuration myself with the assistance of the solution's manuals.

I don't handle the licensing. I don't know what the costs are for the solution.

I haven't evaluated the solution, but something called Apex One is now on the market, and it offers better bundles and better integrations in comparison to Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very nice, but I would suggest to others that they test as many use cases as they can at the beginning.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use and install with a quick setup

• "The product is very easy to install."
  • "The solution could be more stable and offer more security."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for endpoint protection. It's used for security purposes for the most part. We use it for protection.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The performance is good.

The solution, for the most part, is stable.

The product is very easy to install.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more stable and offer more security. When we get suspicious links, we need to make sure they are blocked properly and investigated.

Sometimes the asset tool gets locked and I'm not quite clear as to why this happens.

I've been handling the solution for quite a long time. It's been many years. I've had a lot of time to work with it. However, I can't say for exactly how long it's been as it's been a while.

The solution is stable, however, it could always be better, especially in terms of security.

We've implemented the product for companies that have around 500 users, give or take. We have 15 customers using the product right now.

In terms of technical support, we have had a good experience. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with their level of support.

The solution is extremely easy to install. It's not overly complex or difficult to set it up. A company shouldn't have an issue with the initial setup.

The deployment was pretty fast and only took us about two hours or so. You can get it up and running pretty quickly.

Our department is purely technical department and we are in place for delivering technical aspects. Therefore, I don't have access to licensing details and pricing. It's not part of my duties. Therefore, I can't speak to the exact pricing. I don't have access to that.

What other advice do I have?

We tend to offer our services to clients.

We use multiple deployments, that include both on-premises and cloud deployments.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product.

I would recommend this product to other users and companies.

Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ÖA
Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good Ecosystem, and easy to manage

• "I like the sales operations testing. and support."
  • "I would like to see integration with third-party tools to improve the visibility of the dashboards."

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators. We work on integrated systems.

Our clients use this solution to know what is happening in the network and to analyze it.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro is a good solution and our clients are happy with it.

I like the sales operations testing and support.

The ecosystem is good, it's the best. It's also simple to manage.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector for two years.

The stability is good. We have not experienced any issues.

Scalability with Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector is very good. We are satisfied with the scalability.

We do not have users in our company, we use the systems with our clients.

The technical people are good.

We don't have any issues with technical support.

Local technicians and global support are very good.

We also use one other solution.

The initial setup can be simple, and at times it can be complex when changing the solution.

It is less than a week to deploy Trend Micro, but it can change per the solution type.

For some solutions, it can take a week, and for others solutions with complex projects, it can take a month.

Depending on the client's requirement, it can be cheap and at times, more expensive.

Overall, the price is good.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend it.

I like working with this solution. I would rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector a nine out of ten.

RN
Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Protection that limits the threat quickly and is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to protect the equity, command, and control and botnet infections.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the protection and that it is fast.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them create a rule where It could integrate with the network and start mitigating with auto-detection.

I have been working with this solution for six months.

This solution is stable we have not had any issues.

We have plans to scale it to FortiGate. We have checked it to 10GB and it was fine. I am the only user.

How are customer service and technical

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the protection and that it is fast.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with this solution for six months.

This solution is stable we have not had any issues.

I am the only user.

I have not contacted technical support.

Previously, we have tried an open-source SIEM solution. SIEM is a traffic analyzer, and conflicts can be fixed. With Trend Micro, you can only categorize it.

The initial setup was easy.

This solution can be deployed in two days.

I did not use a vendor to implement this solution. I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

We are trying this solution as a POC.

It's a nice product and it has really helped limit the attacks.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

VA
CEO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Advanced features, sandbox environments, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring for advanced persistent threats, the system runs in a sandbox allowing for effective zero-day exploits management, and the Inspector has a built-in sandbox.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be able to integrate better with third-party infrastructure.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

We have customers that are small and enterprise-sized companies using this solution.

The initial setup is…

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for network security.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

The initial setup is at a moderate level of difficulty. However, we are qualified and for somebody quite new to the solution it could be more difficult. It is not usual for the end-user to start the process themselves. Usually, they are assisted with a partner or with Trend Micro themself. It is not a matter of how complex the solution is, but how much experience they have with the setup.

The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition.

I have recently evaluated Darktrace.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery a nine out of ten.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco, and more!