Trend Micro Deep Discovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is the #10 ranked solution in our list of top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. It is most often compared to Darktrace: Trend Micro Deep Discovery vs Darktrace

What is Trend Micro Deep Discovery?

Deep Discovery is available as a physical or virtual network appliance. It’s designed to quickly detect advanced malware that typically bypasses traditional security defenses and exfiltrates sensitive data. Specialized detection engines and custom sandbox analysis detect and prevent breaches.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is also known as Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector, Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Customers

Allied Telesis, Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, Babou, Blekinge County Council, Delacour, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, Live Nation Entertainment Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, McGill University Health Centre, Mikuni Corporation, OKWAVE, Sinar Mas Land, SWICA, UTOC Corporation

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Discovery pricing:
  • "Overall, the price is good."
  • "The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition."

Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan
Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good HTML file sandboxing and great technical support, but stability isn't 100%

What is our primary use case?

Normally we use the solution to send the traffic. We get traffic on it and once I get the traffic, I get the SPN diagnosis and all the network services diagnostics and whatever else that I run in the office file server. It scans through that. For example, when we download some files, in our portal we are uploading some of the activity documents, as well as Excel and Word documents, etc. They get scanned through and we have DDI Rules that are enabled for the file management. Basically, any uploading, downloading, etc. of items from our website server get scanned and analyzed.

• "The HTML file sandboxing is very good."
  • "The stability of the solution could be improved. It should be 100% stable, but it's not there right now."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very nice, but I would suggest to others that they test as many use cases as they can at the beginning. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use and install with a quick setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for endpoint protection. It's used for security purposes for the most part. We use it for protection.

• "The product is very easy to install."
  • "The solution could be more stable and offer more security."

What other advice do I have?

We tend to offer our services to clients. We use multiple deployments, that include both on-premises and cloud deployments. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product. I would recommend this product to other users and companies.
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ÖA
Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good Ecosystem, and easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators. We work on integrated systems. Our clients use this solution to know what is happening in the network and to analyze it.

• "I like the sales operations testing. and support."
  • "I would like to see integration with third-party tools to improve the visibility of the dashboards."

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend it. I like working with this solution. I would rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector a nine out of ten.
RN
Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Protection that limits the threat quickly and is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to protect the equity, command, and control and botnet infections.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the protection and that it is fast.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them create a rule where It could integrate with the network and start mitigating with auto-detection.

I have been working with this solution for six months.

This solution is stable we have not had any issues.

We have plans to scale it to FortiGate. We have checked it to 10GB and it was fine. I am the only user.

How are customer service and technical

VA
CEO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Advanced features, sandbox environments, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring for advanced persistent threats, the system runs in a sandbox allowing for effective zero-day exploits management, and the Inspector has a built-in sandbox.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be able to integrate better with third-party infrastructure.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

We have customers that are small and enterprise-sized companies using this solution.

The initial setup is…
Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco, and more!